You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

quick question

2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    hi elsa---I have got an acer computer, it has the hard drive split in two, (drive c, and drive D), they are both the same size, but drive d is not used at all, and sits there empty. I was just wondering whether performance would be better if I made drive D smaller and put more space in drive C. Perhaps you could tell me whether or not this would affect processor speed, or ram--thanks, pat pat
  • edited March 2010
    ive been having alot of timeout problems of late so i tried hooking up a cable to my wireless router.

my mbps is now twice as fast as my wireless mbps!!!

result :)

i also prefere bt broadband to skys!!! (sorry)
  • edited March 2010
    n1 donkey--yeh--It's silly to use a wireless router if your computer is near the socket for the broadband---just plug it in the socket---much more reliable, and far less chance of errors occuring
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: quick question:
    hi elsa---I have got an acer computer, it has the hard drive split in two, (drive c, and drive D), they are both the same size, but drive d is not used at all, and sits there empty. I was just wondering whether performance would be better if I made drive D smaller and put more space in drive C. Perhaps you could tell me whether or not this would affect processor speed, or ram--thanks, pat pat
    Posted by oynutter
    Oy Oy M8

Haven't got a clue. I know about BB cos I had a business selling it but I'm not a computer expert. Sounds a bit drastic to me TBH.

• edited March 2010
    Posted by oynutter
    Hi nutter. I know u didnt ask me but, changing the drive size will not make any difference to your speed. Upgrade your ram or your processor if you need a bit more speed mate. I would say " i hope this helps" but i wont.
  • edited March 2010
    I've been with Nildram since 2006-ish and had very few problems. Since joining Sky Poker in 2009 the only problems I've had with the site were when it was suffering a major 'documented' outage. None of this timeout/lag stuff I read about most days, although saying that I don't multi-table. My PC is quite low-spec'd compared to most (P4 2.8Ghz, 2Gb RAM, XP Pro) but it is VERY 'clean'.
    I have said in previous posts how hard it is to troubleshoot these web-based apps - so many contributory factors! Nightmare to be honest!
  • edited March 2010
    hi webby  ..Im with Orange  ..13 quid ..dont know if thats a good price or not  BUT  the service is brilliant .... Ive been with them  since they took over F/S  ..hardly ever need them  but the service ive had is always A1 .......glk mate
  • edited March 2010
    cheers lads--thought it probably would'nt help--cant really multi table here--no probs on other sites tho---roll on the download---I blame brown sauce
  • edited March 2010
    i'm using BT,have been for about a year and have never disconnected
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: quick question : Just tested my BB speed and it's running a bit slower than usual at 9.2 download and .8 upload. There are 3 BT users all within 200 yds of me getting a max of 3.2 and .4. If they are playing on sky they have problems. My wireless BB package costs £13.50 pm including a full internet security package and virus scan. Oh! and I have free uk landline calls 24/7 too.
    Posted by elsadog
    Not it's usual 11+ mb/s then Elsa...How on earth are you & Mrs Elsa Woof managing??...lol

x
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: quick question : Not it's usual 11+ mb/s then Elsa...How on earth are you & Mrs Elsa Woof managing??...lol x
    Posted by TRIP5
    It's not easy, but we cope. :o)
  • edited March 2010
    All this because "The Shed" idiots mucked your game up :( I hear dongles are good but i reckon you have a small one,  might not be a good option
    Posted by MrMagooo

Being serious now, dongles ARE good.  It obviously depends where you are, and you would need to check the signal at your house, but they give you 3 days to return it if you donrt get a signal.

I got a dongle/laptop deal in the summer for £30 p/m so I could play when its quiet at work.  I can 6 table using chrome no probs. 

I consider it an investment as its a 24 month contract, and even though I dont use it anywhere near as my desktop, it pays for itself.

Without the lappy, it would be a lot cheaper for just the dongle obv