You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What do you do in this spot?

Had been playing at this table for around a hour, banaces was playing loose passive and had recently lost a big pot, yeaman had only joined the table around five hands previously and hadn't got to a flop in those hands.
banaces Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £15.45
kirstii Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £24.13
DevilChub1 Sit out     
  Your hole cards

yeaman10 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £3.34
banaces Call  £0.05 £0.30 £15.40
kirstii Check     
Flop

banaces Check     
kirstii Bet  £0.20 £0.50 £23.93
yeaman10 Call  £0.20 £0.70 £3.14
banaces Call  £0.20 £0.90 £15.20
Turn

banaces Check     
kirstii Bet  £0.70 £1.60 £23.23
yeaman10 Call  £0.70 £2.30 £2.44
banaces Call  £0.70 £3.00 £14.50
River

banaces Check     
kirstii Check     
yeaman10 Bet  £2.25 £5.25 £0.19
banaces Fold    
Call or fold? What do you guys think?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    You have two pair on a paired board and are facing a huge bet

Possible hands villain could have are:

Trips, Straight, or knowing Sky Poker's RNG, quads.

Without doing any maths whatsoever or being able to discern that mess above called a hand history , this is an easy fold.
  • edited March 2010
    you have 2nd pair no kicker... easy (although frustrating and unfortunate) fold. Not worth a hero call.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What do you do in this spot?:
    you have 2nd pair no kicker... easy (although frustrating and unfortunate) fold. Not worth a hero call.
    Posted by BlackFish3

meh if you call you will lose to the 8d or a straight most likely. 3 way though it's pretty weird if he's bluffing so i'd just fold.
  • edited March 2010
    Fold! You did nothing wrong on previous streets but let it go - any 6 you were beating has probably gone ahead so only really beating missed draws but for £2.25, after only investing £1, I'll let them have this one!
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks guys, in the end i did fold was thinking maybe A6s or something along those lines, he said afterwards he had 52, whether i believe him however.....lol
  • edited March 2010
    dont think its an obvious fold at all, guy could easily have a combo of draws that missed, (34, 45, 23, any fd) i think we are only losing to 78 as hes unlikely vbetting a better 6, bet sizing is weird too, compared to what you bet on previous streets it doesnt look like he wants a call and obv hes last to act come the river....

i probs call knowing theres a good chance we have the best hand and if not we get some info on how he plays his draws or big hands...
  • edited March 2010

ugh you've bet every other street, now you check the river so he could be doing it with anything, an 8 is unlikely as they should have raised the turn.. so some kind of missed flush draw or straight draw is within his range as well as any 6, 5 and 3.

Checking the river there probably told him you missed whatever draw you tried to buy cheaply.. I think you have to fold now since your 6 has no decent kicker.