You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Players you'd rather avoid

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
madmoo, irishrover

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Now a lot of people on this site say Will Brewin should be avoided, because of his WSOP success. But I recall that Will only went to Vegas because his K8 beat my AQ when I had him covered! Well done afterwards Will - a lot better than I'd have done.

The players to fear on this site are Huuuuume and TheGrudge. I genuinely think they're the only two MTT players who are miles better than me. If you see these guys at your table, be very very careful.

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Players you'd rather avoid:
    madmoo, irishrover
    Posted by diablo_pez
    I'd be more concerned facing Diablo!
  • edited July 2009

THE TANK ! HIS A THORN IN MY SIDE LOL

• edited July 2009

i hate being on a table with mr mbro, even if I have position on him he stil owns me hard lol

• edited July 2009
    essexpoker of course :D
  • edited July 2009
    madmoo, irishrover
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Cheers Pez, dont think he was impressed with your answer though :)
  • edited July 2009
    i hate being on a table with mr mbro, even if I have position on him he stil owns me hard lol
    Posted by NColley
    I've never got this about Mr_Mbro. I've always felt as if I had his number. Loads of people rate him, but I just haven't seen it. Whenever I've played with him, he always looks a bit scared.

• edited July 2009
    madmoo, irishrover
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Madmoo is a good cash player, miles better than me, but not right up there with the best tourney players.
  • edited July 2009
    Mickjenn1, he is a perennial luckbox:)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Players you'd rather avoid : Madmoo is a good cash player, miles better than me, but not right up there with the best tourney players.
    Posted by BigBluster
    Having had the pleasure of watching MADMOO play in the sleepstacks when tikay is around, she is a very good tournament player, certainly if there is plenty of play in the touny.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Players you'd rather avoid : Having had the pleasure of watching MADMOO play in the sleepstacks when tikay is around, she is a very good tournament player, certainly if there is plenty of play in the touny.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Thank you Barry but I no I am nowhere near as good as half the tournament players on sky. I am still learning so hopefully I will get there.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Players you'd rather avoid : Thank you Barry but I no I am nowhere near as good as half the tournament players on sky. I am still learning so hopefully I will get there.
    Posted by MADMOO
    that's it you just keep under the radar ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Personally i dont feel i am afraid to play anyone on sky! If a player is tight i will bully them, if they are aggressive ill let them keep stealing then when i get a hand i will slow play them till they usuall go all in!

Dont look at any name and think "Oh No" especially in deepstacks... hence why iv won 2 of the £20 deepstacks and the 1st Tikay sleepstack so far
  • edited July 2009
    well  said flash  flush   dont fear  anyone  say  some   not  all  that  have  won   tourneys  on  sky tv   lucks   won them  it  when u  see   some  off the hands  they  called  with
  • edited July 2009
    Personally i dont feel i am afraid to play anyone on sky! If a player is tight i will bully them, if they are aggressive ill let them keep stealing then when i get a hand i will slow play them till they usuall go all in!  Dont look at any name and think "Oh No" especially in deepstacks... hence why iv won 2 of the £20 deepstacks and the 1st Tikay sleepstack so far
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Flash, its not that simple m8. Some players out there are v tricky, i.e they are tight, agressive, basically anything they want to be, they mix it up, make great moves and confuse players. These "unplayable" players as i call them deserve respect, and while like you i dont fear any player, i do appreciate that sometimes i will be outplayed.

• edited July 2009
    My own personal opinion is that I would prefer to play all these players... they may outplay you at times, but they know how to play poker the proper way and makes the game more enjoyable...! The players who don't really know how to play, too me, are the most dangerous...!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Players you'd rather avoid : Flash, its not that simple m8. Some players out there are v tricky, i.e they are tight, agressive, basically anything they want to be, they mix it up, make great moves and confuse players. These "unplayable" players as i call them deserve respect, and while like you i dont fear any player, i do appreciate that sometimes i will be outplayed.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Yes im aware of that greg, and im sure on many occasions i have been outplayed, but same the other way, i have senced people trying to "outplay" me so i have double bluffed and bluffed the bluffer on many occasion, i feel even though i can be ABC and a tight player i do actually make quite a few moves that get a lot of respect because of my image.

As you know im confident about my game and i feel in the long run in a deepstack i can get reads on all players and bar being card dead or a bad beat i can beat anyone on here (sorry if that sounds big headed but i play with confidence, its the only way)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Players you'd rather avoid : Yes im aware of that greg, and im sure on many occasions i have been outplayed, but same the other way, i have senced people trying to "outplay" me so i have double bluffed and bluffed the bluffer on many occasion, i feel even though i can be ABC and a tight player i do actually make quite a few moves that get a lot of respect because of my image.  As you know im confident about my game and i feel in the long run in a deepstack i can get reads on all players and bar being card dead or a bad beat i can beat anyone on here (sorry if that sounds big headed but i play with confidence, its the only way)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yes confidence is a good thing and i'm confident in the 22 sleepstaks too and also have a good record. I actually think we are on the same wavelength because id like to believe that we both know what were doing:)
  • edited July 2009
    huuuuume is definitely one of the best mtt players on this site.  i try to avoid him/her both in cash games and mtts cos they seem to know what i have and make every decision i make really difficult.

i think there are lots of good mtt players but i definitley agree with the original poster
  • edited July 2009
    lol at flashflush
  • edited July 2009
    Personally i dont feel i am afraid to play anyone on sky! If a player is tight i will bully them, if they are aggressive ill let them keep stealing then when i get a hand i will slow play them till they usuall go all in!  Dont look at any name and think "Oh No" especially in deepstacks... hence why iv won 2 of the £20 deepstacks and the 1st Tikay sleepstack so far
    Posted by FlashFlush
    YOU GO FOR IT PRO!!!!;-)
  • edited July 2009
    flash try a £100 mtt on other sites... then we can have a chat.... love a bragger!!!
  • edited July 2009
    flash try a £100 mtt on other sites... then we can have a chat.... love a bragger!!!
    Posted by jimbo31
    lol
  • edited July 2009
    Lots of good players on here...

Mickjenn1/Greghogg/2505055x (STT especially)/Anjie1970 just to name a few.

Id rather play against these as I feel Ill improve my game and feel a sense of satisfactory If I ever do get to play well against em. 
  • edited July 2009
    i cant believe that sharksbite has not been mentioned yet.. she is definately one of the best mtts players on this site, along with the swiss who also has not been mentioned..
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Guys,
    I dont see this as the right question, as i dont have anyone on the site that i would avoid.
    Now if it was a question of who do i respect that is totally different.
    I think it is dangerous to say who you fear or give any comments on other players, and as ive had a positive and negative comment on this thread, im in a good position to say this, as when i play these 2 players im not going to think im any better or worse than them or try and play any differently than normal.
    The last thing i will say on this, is, the other day i played in a field that included, J Aikenhead,K Marenhlotz,K Oconnel,M Smyth,J Kalmar, S Davis and other pros and came 16 th out of 86 and didnt feel intimidated, so if i can do that then NOONE on Sky will intimidate me.
    There is a saying every dog will have his day and that is whats good about poker.
    col 
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Guys, I dont see this as the right question, as i dont have anyone on the site that i would avoid. Now if it was a question of who do i respect that is totally different. I think it is dangerous to say who you fear or give any comments on other players, and as ive had a positive and negative comment on this thread, im in a good position to say this, as when i play these 2 players im not going to think im any better or worse than them or try and play any differently than normal. The last thing i will say on this, is, the other day i played in a field that included, J Aikenhead,K Marenhlotz,K Oconnel,M Smyth,J Kalmar, S Davis and other pros and came 16 th out of 86 and didnt feel intimidated, so if i can do that then NOONE on Sky will intimidate me. There is a saying every dog will have his day and that is whats good about poker. col 
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Spot on Colin... yes there are many players on here i respect, but like you i fear none, if you sit at a table and think "oh No" you have lost before you even start... Last night i sat on my opening table of the deepstack with Sharky, Greg and SoLack ... who we all know are very good players... i did think this is going to be hard, but if you play scared poker, then you are already half way to the cash point
  • edited July 2009
    This is quite an interesting post and maybe I'm a little naive but I never really look at who I'm playing against. Unless it's a regular name that you can have a chat and banter with I just play and take little notice of who the opponents are.

That being said, when you do come up against a good player I think it is generally easier to play them becasue they make the right moves and are therefore a little more predictable.  Mostly....

I agree with the post by Applemac that bad players are the hardest to play against.

Baz.
  • edited July 2009
    Inexperienced loose aggressive players because unless you have a straight, flush or trips you'll very rarely know where you are in the hand, is your two pair good when you've been raised on every street etc.
  • edited July 2009

The hit and run donk who puts down minimum and strikes gold.