You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BRYAN ORYANS POKER TIPS PART 3 pot odds,pot bellys, pot heads and pot luck

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Luv it gl bryan mate i for one really like ya.dav

Comments

• edited March 2010

this is and always will be my favourite topic in the world of online poker.you wont believe this but there is math in poker.an awful lot of seasoned players have latched onto this theory and try to use it to their advantage,but suffer badly when the sums dont add up.basically the theory behind pot odds is theres so many cards in the deck,you get some of them and so do ur mates,that leaves so many more that nobody knows what they are.you do a bit of math and then everything should be fine.you can relax knowing your playing correctly and are betting when you have got these pot odds.if someone makes a big bet and you find yourself outside these pot odds you must immediately fold your cards, no matter what.implied odds are quite similar but different,but basically the same somewhat,lets not get involved in these implied odds for now,nobody has really worked out the correct formula for these,but a formula should be available to all within the year.anyways back to basic pot odds.if you dare to call someone outside these pot odds you should really be prepared for a knock on your door and be bundled into the boot of a car,driven for miles,pulled out by your ear and be severly beaten.then you dont even get dropped back off home,but must walk home in disgrace.this is standard practice on most poker sites,this is why you must ALWAYS learn your pot odds.the problem lies when you learn your pot odds and your opponents dont.this is a very dangerous mix indeed.oh dear, sparks are sure to fly when your seated with a drunk,a an illegal substance smoker and the most feared opponent of all,a downright lucky get.pot odds?what odds?theyre gonna smash the pot everytime.long term youll come out on top playing pot odds,nope,not even playin pot heads,theyre gonna flush you out n run u straight outta town because your roll aint gonna last out the long term im afraid,bryans advice is to forget about pot odds altogether,get some beer down ur necks and be lucky,ta ta

• edited March 2010
    lol,SUPERB,m8y..
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAN ORYANS POKER TIPS PART 3 pot odds,pot bellys, pot heads and pot luck:
    Luv it gl bryan mate i for one really like ya.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    bryans made up ty
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAN ORYANS POKER TIPS PART 3 pot odds,pot bellys, pot heads and pot luck:
    lol,SUPERB,m8y..
    Posted by philmenow
    cheers me  ,gl
  • edited March 2010
    i come in the third part of the statement pot luck,was playing with heapey last nite he dont look like bryan,he look like heapey...nice tip bry look forward to the next one..
  • edited March 2010
    i come in the third part of the statement pot luck,was playing with heapey last nite he dont look like bryan,he look like heapey...nice tip bry look forward to the next one..
    Posted by stokefc
    cheers m8,yes theres only one bryan oryan round ere.more tips to come soon,gl