You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

One Hundred and Eighty?

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
One Hundred and Eighty !!

On Friday this week (5th March) I decided to take a trip to a new Poker Club in Maidenhead, called, 'TC Sports'.(private members club)

My old mate Alan Rutter (who looks an absolute ringer of Andy Black) had been asking me for weeks to pop over and see him at his new poker club, jointly owned by himself and two other old poker buddies, Tony Chapman and Alan Rudge ..

The previous week I'd been on the phone to Alan 'R" to ask him if he wanted to come to Sandown Park with me , I had an Invite from David Williams (laddies) to be with them in their Solario Suite to see this Saturdays Imperial Cup .. Alan  said he'd love to go and how about me coming over to play the Friday 'hold-em' tournament at the new club.( 50 pound entry with 25 add-on, 8k chips 25 min clock.. '37' runners )

So I said,

"Great, about time I met my old mate Tony Chapman again !"

When I arrived, I had got there early so that we could have a chat about the good old days 'as you do',   I had forgotten  this was also an Internet Cafe as well.... .Imagine my surprise as Alan met me outside this very exclusive looking frontage , we shook hands as he led me inside saying,

"The poker club is down stairs but lets have a coffee for now." As we sat down in front of one of many PCs  Alan Rudge came in, all smiles as always,

"Hello Barry, jeez how are you , long time,"  "So,  what do you think of our new enterprise?"

" Very impressive" I said, and just as I was about to continue who should walk in but Alan Rutter's partner the gorgeous and lovely ' Donna' !

"Hello, Barry"

"Oh hey Donna, how are you, jeez you haven't changed since the day I met you.(quick kiss on the cheek) back in the day when you were a dealer at the 'Concorde Club" in Vienna !!"
She smiled, and said,

"Oh yes I was there for over 3 years, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since those days!"

Alan , Donna and myself chatted about old friends like the late Gary Woodcock who was with me in Vienna  and in Barden (Austria) and we remembered so many good times and good friends....

Alan looking at the time said,  we had better take a look at the card-room and get me signed in for the tournament , also organise my membership for the club.

Down stairs we went and as we walked through the double french doors......

"Oh my, this is impressive !!" ..I couldn't help myself as I looked around, seven full sized tables with tournament screens on two walls, and there behind the registration was the legendary "TC" (Top Cat) himself, Tony Chapman !!

"Oh my god," he called out, " It's Rudi Voller himself, No I take that back, I here some call you 'Paul Wellers' older brother these days?" ...    We shook hands and laughed as at that moment, who should tap me on the shoulder but another old poker buddie legend  and good friend , 'Graham Pound " along with another old playing  buddie 'Jay Patel" .. Well, we started chatting and laughing , Graham even knows T K (Tony Kendall) as well. (small world this poker malarky)

Anyway I could go on for hours about this great poker night and the tournament here at 'TC's" in Maidenhead, but the upshot is, when  it came down to a final table  the last 'three' players were .. Old boy 'Michael now renamed as (The Magician) for how he pulled up the bet from nowhere , my old mate 'Jay Patel' and Myself !! ....
Jay said we should do a deal as the chips were close , . so we chopped the 2200 top three prize money, every one was happy and agreed, this could be the start of a great new club with so many nice people and good players, young and old !! ..

And for all you 'young guns' the last THREE finalists combined age, can you believe It ?

One Hundred and Eighty !! .... Heaven knows what total age it would have been if, Tony Kendall had been there as well ? 

(footnote) Anyone interested in going to this fantastic venue can PM me or contact the club through google)

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Haha was wondering where the 180 link was gonna come in!!!! the ruudi voller thing makes me laugh everytime,

Why are there no places like this in Doncaster?!!!?

:(

• edited March 2010
    Great lil read Benny..

Sounds like it could be a really good poker club so I may have too look into this...

Well done on cashing too mate!
  • edited March 2010
    Cheers guys and  also thanks to    'webby' on other thread !

Well,  today reading the Sporting Life, I noticed  a horse running in the 2 50 at Sedgefield , it's breeding is out of 'Benny The Dip" (97 Derby Winner) and called,    

'Benny Be Good"

Soooo as I  run so  good  right  now,   I have to  have a small bet for him to  win !!

(famous last  words)   :))

• edited March 2010
    LOL....Im backing him just for that mate!

• edited March 2010
    Sigh ...2nd to the odds on fav ....

oh well ..better  take the dog out now for a run  :)) ..... then Poker later !  
  • edited March 2010
    Right thats me,   won my seat in satellite  for the Primo  tonight....  Time to get the vino out,  it could be a bumpy ride, by  8 00  and I could be playing  any   2 cards from any  position  so  no   grizzling from  anyone  ..  :))

• edited March 2010
    Nice read Benny, nice cash
    Gl in primo x
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: One Hundred and Eighty?:
    Nice read Benny, nice cash Gl in primo x
    Posted by MADMOO
    Thank you  MooLisa,  Yes  great  night and fun,

errr  the Primo  lasted  5 mins,   if your in the event  good luck you 2   :)) x
  • edited March 2010
    I really like this place too.  Sadly the cash hasn't been running that good when I've gone there, and I'm down about 350 on my two visits, but it has awesome potential and I will def be looking at the tournie schedule to see if anything catches my eye.

Well done on the result Benny, very nice work for your first time there!

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: One Hundred and Eighty?:
    I really like this place too.  Sadly the cash hasn't been running that good when I've gone there, and I'm down about 350 on my two visits, but it has awesome potential and I will def be looking at the tournie schedule to see if anything catches my eye. Well done on the result Benny, very nice work for your first time there!
    Posted by scotty77
    Thanks  Ryan .. I think Friday   possibly  Saturdays   appear to  be the best  nights ..    thanks again  glk you