You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

satellites

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
will sky start running satellites for various other tournaments? EPT perhaps or even just a gukpt tourny? i mean whats it going to cost sky, nothing, all they have to do is put the satellites into the lobby, they arent going to take much organising seeing as its in the uk, i dont know exactly how much it is to buy into one of the gukpt events but a £500 package sounds reasonable. if tourny is 300 you get little extra towards accomodation etc. comon sky give it a try, gutting if you run em for vegas and i cant enter lol

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Id also agree with this, although im sure a number of these live tournaments have rights held by other sites.

Although too add onto this sky do have the SPT but i think maybe a little more would be in order, maybe starting up a British open which could be a once a year 2 or 3 day event televised maybe another idea for them to add this into their line up. I think if they added that little extra they could maybe increase the amount of quality players here on Sky poker, although we have a number of them, the more the merrier and good business sence.
  • edited March 2010
    threads like these usually go over the managements head though...
  • edited March 2010
    some response from sky, even if its a no would be appreciated! i believe it would be a very good idea!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: satellites:
    threads like these usually go over the managements head though...
    Posted by hurst05
    Threads like these have been opened before and received a response from Sky.
    The general gist is that most tournaments are sponsored by rival sites and hence, Sky are unable to offer seats to them as prizes.
    I have no idea what you mean by the statement that it will "go over the managements head" - it's a very strange thing to say on a forum where SkyPoker have proved time and again that they are VERY responsive to posts.
    You would find it extremely hard to find any other site where you get as much direct input into the running of the site.