You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

An irrational hatred/disliking...............

edited March 2010 in The Shed
Throughout history football has always had it's big rivalries. Man Utd/Liverpool, Arsenal/Spurs, West Ham/Millwall, West Ham/Spurs, Newcastle/Sunderland, Forest/Derby etc. Right the way down to the lower leagues too (think Exeter/Torquay for example). Now mostly these are based on simple things like geographics & sometimes there's such a deep rooted history between the clubs as well that just adds fuel to the local fire.

And then of course you get those teams that for some totally irrational reason you just hate with a passion. And these are (more often than not) purely personal.

For me, it's Bolton. I simply can't stand 'em. Absolutely everything about the club drives me insane. They've got no fans & the stadium looks like it's come straight out of Meccano box. There seems to be no soul or atmosphere at the club either. I'll never forget the cup tie we had against them back in 2006 up at the Meccano (sorry, Reebok) stadium. There was a little over 17,000 in the ground that day but nearly 6,000 were from West Ham. And we were the only ones making any noise in the ground too. Maybe I'm completely wrong about them but I really don't think anyone can convince me otherwise.

So who else does anyone have a completely irrational disliking of & why?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Arsenal....  reason - Wenger.

Liverpool....reason - They think they have a god given right to win stuff because of the past + Jamie Carragher.

Leeds Utd.......reason - Do i really have to give one lol?

Argentina....... reason - Just about best players in the world but feel the need to be biggest cheats as well.

Scotland and Wales.....reason - Cos they hate England.

Sheffield Wednesday and United......reason - They should be one great big glorious club. (soz people of Sheff but its true)

Blackburn.......reason - They were just low league garbage minnows and still would be if they hadn't won the lottery out of the blue.

There you go

Airwalker

• edited March 2010
    ANY TEAM WITH EMILE HESKEY IN.
    I HAVE TO SUFFER HIM IN A ENGLAND SHIRT AND HES F*****G USELESS
    I LAUGH AT HOW CR*P HE IS EVERY GAME I SEE HIM.
    ONE SEASON HE SCORE LATE WINNERS FOR WIGAN AND VILLA AT FRATTON PARK
    MOST OF THE TIME HES TOTAL KACK AS SOON AS HE SEES A POMPEY SHIRT HES F*****G KAKA
    IF WE DRAW VILLA IN THE SEMIS  EMPTY YOU ACCOUNT ON HIM FOR ANYTIME GOALSCORER

YOU CAN ALSO EDIT BOLTON FROM YOU POST AND YOUVE PERFECTLY SUMED UP ME FEELINGS FOR WIGAN
  • edited March 2010
    i have perfectly valid reasons for my pet hates so i can't really regard them as irrational
  • edited March 2010

Gary Neville, Phillip Schofield, every celebrity who's ever appeared on daily cooks challenge, gary Nville,  Graham Taylor, Nicolas Anelka, Alan Carr, Ant,Gary Neville,  Dec, Noel Edmunds, Piers Morgan, Journalists on the sunday supplement, former England cricketer Nick Knight, Gary Neville, Andy Townsend, Nigel slater, Ian Beale, Peggy Mitchell and Gary Neville. - All wind me up very very easily....

From a footballing point of view - pointless teams such as the already mentioned, Boton...Fulham....Blackburn, who are never gonna finish above 8th, shouldnt really go down, and play dull boring unattractive football. 

Italy too - World champions? psh - farcical!

I ave alot of anger in meeee :)

DOHH

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: An irrational hatred/disliking...............:
    Gary Neville, Phillip Schofield, every celebrity who's ever appeared on daily cooks challenge, gary Nville,  Graham Taylor, Nicolas Anelka, Alan Carr, Ant,Gary Neville,  Dec, Noel Edmunds, Piers Morgan, Journalists on the sunday supplement, former England cricketer Nick Knight, Gary Neville, Andy Townsend, Nigel slater, Ian Beale, Peggy Mitchell and Gary Neville. - All wind me up very very easily.... From a footballing point of view - pointless teams such as the already mentioned, Boton...Fulham....Blackburn, who are never gonna finish above 8th, shouldnt really go down, and play dull boring unattractive football.  Italy too - World champions? psh - farcical! I ave alot of anger in meeee :) DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOL Well funny m8

P.S. What do you think of Gary Neville?
  • edited March 2010
    Neverton & Villa ... the 2 most pointless clubs in english football - what purpose do they serve ?
  • edited March 2010
    In no particular order.....

Sun***land, Hibs, Blatter, Platini, Wigan, Steve Bruce, Fergie, FIFA, Diving.
  • edited March 2010
    Eastenders. Football on ITV. Sweden. Dohhhhhhh. Green. The number 26. Cricket.
  • edited March 2010
    harry (he`s a smashing player fantastic lad) redknapp, he is a two faced contradicting twitching.........
  • edited March 2010
    Totally agree with Doh!! about Gary Neville, just typing his name i can visuallise him spouting bo llocks at anything and everyone. Also his dad is called Neville Neville whats that about?

P.S Graham Le Saux also used to wind me up for no apparent reason, although subconscientiously that could also relate to how the hell he got into the england team! 
  • edited March 2010

When I hear that bald bloke from the gadget show talking, it tilts me.

• edited March 2010
    Totally agree with Doh!! about Gary Neville, just typing his name i can visuallise him spouting bo llocks at anything and everyone. Also his dad is called Neville Neville whats that about? P.S Graham Le Saux also used to wind me up for no apparent reason, although subconscientiously that could also relate to how the hell he got into the england team! 
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Lol Im relatively new to sky, but thats got to be one of the funniest lines Ive read on the forum. I love how Gary Nevilles Grandparents, choice of Christian name, makes you dislike Gary Neville!!! HAHA so irrational but so true!!!

It tops Bryan Oryan! 

Gary Neville is just a Manchester United fan, who gets to watch every game sitting next to the manager instead of in the stands.

Just wanna add Gail of Cor St to the list. And poker players who min raise.

• edited March 2010
    GARY NEVILLE, such a whinger, reckon now that he's a perma bench warmer he must have been teaching DARREN FLETCHER how to rant at the ref every time someone takes the ball off a manyoooo player.

Gladstone Small, how can a man with no neck get his arm over his shoulder to bowl that fast?
  • edited March 2010

"Gladstone Small, how can a man with no neck get his arm over his shoulder to bowl that fast?"

This is becoming a contender for thread of the week - lolol

How can that wind u up?? hahaha - Seems a good guy tho ..... remember him being on 865.
  • edited March 2010
    Im gunna have to agree with the overal hate for gary neville! little brown nose whinger! ha

Also some football commentators also do my head in..

..Like mark Lawrenson!! arghh...i hate him with a passion!

And others like John motson and alan smith, i also heard gareth southgate commenting on a game.. come on now hes useless!
  • edited March 2010
    Im gunna have to agree with the overal hate for gary neville! little brown nose whinger! ha Also some football commentators also do my head in.. ..Like mark Lawrenson!! arghh...i hate him with a passion! And others like John motson and alan smith, i also heard gareth southgate commenting on a game.. come on now hes useless!
    Posted by Norbit
    YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!

I can't stand him or Hansen either.
  • edited March 2010
    Rugby and The French, Dont even get me started on French rugby players