You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sick n tired of bad beats for big pots

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
$flushando Small blind   £2.00 £2.00 £507.52
fuuuuuuu Big blind   £4.00 £6.00 £24.90
  Your hole cards
  • J

villian
Raise   £12.00 £18.00 £752.95
flushando Call   £10.00 £28.00 £497.52
fuuuuuuu All-in   £24.90 £52.90 £0.00
villian
Call   £16.90 £69.80 £736.05
flushando Call   £16.90 £86.70 £480.62
Flop

flushando Check        
villian Bet   £65.03 £151.73 £671.02
flushando Raise   £130.06 £281.79 £350.56
villian All-in   £671.02 £952.81 £0.00
flushando All-in   £350.56 £1303.37 £0.00
villian Unmatched bet   £255.43 £1047.94 £255.43
flushando Show
  • J

fuuuuuuu Show

villian Show

Turn

River

villian Win Full House, 10s and 9s £1046.14   £1301.57

Comments

• edited March 2010
    how can u get off tilt when this keeps happen to u ? please some1 hep
  • edited March 2010

That's unlucky - but the guy is going to catch his card one time in five (if no-one else folded a 9 or 10 pre-flop) after all the money went in, so although you flopped the nuts, it's not as bad as it first looks.

I know that's small consolation when you've lost, but it's the only way to look at it to avoid staying on tilt.

• edited March 2010
    As the above poster has said its a harsh one i can understand, however like your opponent here im calling this, i would be aware of the straight draw but i know i still have the FH out which i have always valued. All i can suggest in situations like this is to tighten up and play only very strong starting hands, thats how i avoid these situations, although i understand and have felt the same loss of money and chips before i realise that i have to tighten up as much.
  • edited March 2010
    im thinking, 'villain' is pressuming his 2 pair is winning when he goes all-in,but he has that FH possibility as back up, if he isnt...still,hes pretty lukky to hit it,cant remember the last time i got lukky and hit a saving card..but see it all the time.
  • edited March 2010

Wow what a pot thats gotta be on MC next week....

And the thought of even going near tilt with that sort of money on the table scares me !!!
  • edited March 2010
    might have got this wrong  but  you cost youreself .  do you think its worth calling a rasie with j 8 ?   then you hit  and thats when it leaves you with no choice   and you got unlucky but if you got out pre flop you would have only lost £2
  • edited March 2010
    defo will be on top of the pots next saturday, pretty sick aslong as your br can withstand such a bad hand then you should be able to move on, just take a break if your tilting, got your money in ahead which is all you can do.
  • edited March 2010
    nice 1 for all ur post had a couple of days off now ill be back 2nite to get my money back ha ha thanks again
  • edited March 2010

Take a break. If poker ever makes anyone "sick & tired", they are not enjoying it.

Oh - & NEVER play Omaha - huge beats are completely standard in the 4 card-game!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: sick n tired of bad beats for big pots:
    Take a break. If poker ever makes anyone "sick & tired", they are not enjoying it. Oh - & NEVER play Omaha - huge beats are completely standard in the 4 card-game!
    Posted by Tikay10
    ha ha i took a little break so back 2nite i make sure ill stay away from omaha then lol. i have had beats like this in tourneys which i dont mind but for a big pot it sure gets u down n ready to go .
    shuffle up and deal ha
  • edited March 2010
    surely if you are playing at £2-£4 you want big pots when you flop a straight?

it was a bad beat no more no less the pot size makes no difference imo

if that happened to me i would be gutted to lose my stack which most probably would be about £50 at my level,so its all relative me thinks....

ps ive watch you play and no doubt you will recoup most of it in a short time?  gl