You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chat. Bigger. Better.

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

I Railed an Online Tourney the other day with 6 or 8 lads who regularly play on Sky Poker, & was amazed to find that 5 of them were not aware of the "Enlarged Chat-Box".

I'm assuming all of you guys know how to configure it? If not, speak up!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    dont have the faintest idea tikay lol

no one as ever mentioned this before.
  • edited March 2010
    figured it out tikay, that is soooo much better
  • edited March 2010
    i only found it during the first tko, needed it nig time there
  • edited March 2010
    I think you can expand it from the options tab can't you? Although i have to admit i've never done it
  • edited March 2010
    Tony,   I  haven't  a clue either how to do it   .. ?

Also  it took me 5 mins to  find the  "view TV"  on home page last  night,  of course it was right in front  of  my  eyes  eventually    but  I couldn't find it straight  away !

Is this  an age thing ?
  • edited March 2010
    I don't know how anyone could cope without the enlarged chat box!  Sometimes the chat is so busy I usually just default the box to Chat and Hand Summary as well, except in Omaha.
  • edited March 2010

As someone said, if you want to "chat", the Enlarged Chat-Box is a MUST.

It's simples to set up.

Open your Table.

Go to "OPTIONS" top left hand corner.

Tick "Enable large Chat Window".

That's it.

And if you want CHAT ONLY (& no hand details fluffy stuff).......

Go to the drop down menu BOTTOM RIGHT of the Table, & bring up "Chat Only".
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah I've always run the enlarged chat windows, the small is next to useless especially if you're on 'Full Detail' (which I like to have).

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Chat. Bigger. Better.:
    As someone said, if you want to "chat", the Enlarged Chat-Box is a MUST. It's simples to set up. Open your Table. Go to "OPTIONS" top left hand corner. Tick "Enable large Chat Window". That's it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I always default to "chat only" as well. All the other stuff is pointles (IMO).
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah I've always run the enlarged chat windows, the small is next to useless especially if you're on 'Full Detail' (which I like to have).
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Full detail, OMG!! How do you read it all? Do you find time to play the hands?
  • edited March 2010
    I don't know how anyone could cope without the enlarged chat box!  Sometimes the chat is so busy I usually just default the box to Chat and Hand Summary as well, except in Omaha.
    Posted by Machka
    When playing Omaha, many players benefit enormously from....

1) "Show Hand Descriptions". Setting it up is the same as the setting up the large chat window.

2) 4 colour deck - as above.
  • edited March 2010
    Lol!! Only just found this out now!!
  • edited March 2010
    [QUOTE]Tony,   I  haven't  a clue either how to do it   .. ? Also  it took me 5 mins to  find the  "view TV"  on home page last  night,  of course it was right in front  of  my  eyes  eventually    but  I couldn't find it straight  away !  Is this  an age thing ?
    Posted by bennydip2

Err....yes!

In fact, we discussed this last week in the office, & the TV Section IS hard to find. Oddly, it's under "What's on Sky Poker Today", whereas I had been looking for "What's on (Channel) 865 today".

The Home page is, in management speak, "dynamic", or as you & I might say, "it moves about every day".  That's satandard practice really, when they have more priorities than space, so they shuffle things around a fair bit, to keep it fresh & zingy.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Chat. Bigger. Better. : Full detail, OMG!! How do you read it all? Do you find time to play the hands?
    Posted by Seagull158
    I'm like a machine! ;-)

Actually I don't read it all the time, it's just handy now & then. I could turn it off and then re-enable it if needed.. maybe I will.

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Chat. Bigger. Better. : I'm like a machine! ;-) Actually I don't read it all the time, it's just handy now & then. I could turn it off and then re-enable it if needed.. maybe I will.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    There was an invisible "smiley" at the end of my post but I was being semi serious.
  • edited March 2010
    i always have the large chat, with chat only, and where the small chat box was i move it to the tourney info, where it tells you 155th / 497, ave chip stack, largest chip stack.
  • edited March 2010
    i always have the large chat, with chat only, and where the small chat box was i move it to the tourney info, where it tells you 155th / 497, ave chip stack, largest chip stack.
    Posted by loonytoons

That's exactly the way that I have it set up.  My Goodness that Looytoons is a frightfully, intelligent, chap.  Who, I am sure, wouldn't sue someone, who inadvertently stole his material. 
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Chat. Bigger. Better. : That's exactly the way that I have it set up.  My Goodness that Looytoons is a frightfully, intelligent, chap.  Who, I am sure, wouldn't sue someone, who inadvertently stole his material. 
    Posted by JockBMW
    It's OK, he's got blackfish3 on the case.
    You're completely safe!    ;-)
  • edited March 2010
      Err....yes! In fact, we discussed this last week in the office, & the TV Section IS hard to find. Oddly, it's under "What's on Sky Poker Today", whereas I had been looking for "What's on (Channel) 865 today". The Home page is, in management speak, "dynamic", or as you & I might say, "it moves about every day".  That's satandard practice really, when they have more priorities than space, so they shuffle things around a fair bit, to keep it fresh & zingy.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks  Tony ..  wow   This modern technology gizmo's  and stuff,
    Do you believe it,  i'm still using  a 'Matrix"  mobile phone  with a real Ariel ??  (from the film Matrix)  
    And I have a man  out  in front  of the car  with  a red  flag when I'm driving !!  :))