You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM trouble

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
What should I do here on the bubble of a DYM when I wake up with JJ utg?  The blinds are 100/200, I am third with 1752.5 chips and there's one guy on the table with around 1000.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
mobsto Small blind  100.00 100.00 3920.00
EMMSY Big blind  200.00 300.00 5027.50
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

Comments

• ckdckd
    edited March 2010

push all in  700 chips difference aint much just push it 9/10 they all fold
  • edited March 2010

I Shove, you won't find a better spot and unless the blinds wake up with a monster they are not calling. They have no need to double you up and become one of the shorts them selves. If you run into better your very unlucky

• edited March 2010

If you are in 2 minds whether to shove or fold UTG with JJ here, imagine what must go through their mind when you do shove.....

They can only really call with AA KK o QQ - and an optimistic AK ......

Im no expert, but you are on the blinds for a combined 1/5th of ur stack over the next 2 hands....I wouldnt be folding here..... 
  • edited March 2010
    There's argument for folding and letting blinds go through you, hoping short stack gets knocked out but I prefer the shove in this spot - can add 300 to your stack with pays your rent for the next few orbits in which time the blinds will have gone up and put even more pressure on short stack if he's not already out! 
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah agree with others...im shoving here. You could hope the short stack wakes up with AJ/KJ/KQ something like that because he is most likely to stick it in then...I'd push there.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM trouble:
    There's argument for folding and letting blinds go through you, hoping short stack gets knocked out but I prefer the shove in this spot - can add 300 to your stack with pays your rent for the next few orbits in which time the blinds will have gone up and put even more pressure on short stack if he's not already out! 
    Posted by Action_Dan
    there's no argument for folding here, this is a 250% shove, take it from someone who's in the know when it comes to DYM!!!

cant believe anyone is actually asking this question in the first place, it really is a no brainer
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM trouble : there's no argument for folding here, this is a 250% shove, take it from someone who's in the know when it comes to DYM!!! cant believe anyone is actually asking this question in the first place, it really is a no brainer
    Posted by webby234
    I didn't say it's the right argument or one that I'd recommend - just that's one option that some people take in the DYM games! I actually said I'd shove here because it's pretty clearly the right choice...
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: DYM trouble : there's no argument for folding here, this is a 250% shove, take it from someone who's in the know when it comes to DYM!!! cant believe anyone is actually asking this question in the first place, it really is a no brainer
    Posted by webby234
    LOL calm down Webby, No Brainer or not if you don't ask you don't get to know

For what it's worth i agree that there is no argument to fold here, if you do the short stack will push within the next hand or 2 an YOU could end up 4th out of 4 when he doubles through. Now the preasures on you and you have to find a spot to push, this will inevitably lead to you ending up in a hand with K 8 or similar rather than getting it in ahead now
  • edited March 2010
    i'm calm mate, not having a dig at poster just getting my feeling across on the matter, after taking a bad beat just now i'm peeed off
  • edited March 2010

Hi Mr Will,

I'd shove here, but if you are not keen on that, it leaves you three ooptions.

a) Shove.

b) Shove

c) Shove.

Failing that, the only option is to be a shove-monkey, & shove.
  • edited March 2010
    Hi Mr Will, I'd shove here, but if you are not keen on that, it leaves you three ooptions. a) Shove. b) Shove c) Shove. Failing that, the only option is to be a shove-monkey, & shove.
    Posted by Tikay10
    If shove doesn't work then try Push Push Push!!

Seriously though mate, only one move in this one and that is to shove/push - if they have AA KK QQ etc then it plays itself and you have been extremley unlucky.
  • edited March 2010
    shove ( Unless it is against me) as all ins at this stage negate all positional play, you need to force out all hands that could beat you on the draw.
  • edited March 2010
    It is indeed a shove but to be honest i would prob expect a call if the oppo has any Ace at all or even a KQ.
  • edited March 2010
    Yes gotta be a shove for me too, no question. You are unlikely to be called by either of the big stacks, they will be looking to protect their stacks unless they have a monster. Gotta take your chances against the shortie, and you could well induce a loose call.
    If you fold you are in the blinds next and you are starting to come under real pressure.
  • edited March 2010
    From a personal point of view depenind on how everyone has been playing.

You can straight out shove and if anyone calls with A-X, KQ, AA, KK , QQ and lose your unlucky.

You could also however min raise to 400 or 450 and try induce a shove from shorty but if it doesn't work a big stack may well do it or call and you could get in trouble on flop.

I favour a shove though as it is the fourth best starting hand four handed - the chances they have AA KK QQ are slim.
  • edited March 2010
    From a personal point of view depenind on how everyone has been playing. You can straight out shove and if anyone calls with A-X, KQ, AA, KK , QQ and lose your unlucky. You could also however min raise to 400 or 450 and try induce a shove from shorty but if it doesn't work a big stack may well do it or call and you could get in trouble on flop. I favour a shove though as it is the fourth best starting hand four handed - the chances they have AA KK QQ are slim.
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Very surprised that you would even consider a min raise in this spot, Ben. To me the last thing I would want is either of the big stacks calling and having a chance of seeing a flop. A K or Q on flop and you are nowhere. If shorty calls or shoves you are both pretty much pot committed. The benefits of trying to get him to get his chips in behind are outweighed by the chances of the other two getting involved.
  • edited March 2010
    If the bigger stacks have been happy to call shoves then it could easily be a fold being on the bubble. I hate the idea of min-raising because having to realise your equity with JJ on the bubble is the worst situation ever!
  • edited March 2010
    If you are in 2 minds whether to shove or fold UTG with JJ here, imagine what must go through their mind when you do shove..... They can only really call with AA KK o QQ - and an optimistic AK ...... Im no expert, but you are on the blinds for a combined 1/5th of ur stack over the next 2 hands....I wouldnt be folding here..... 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If only they would call with only that range!  I get called with allsorts in these situations...makes me sick, but thats poker!

As above, shove!