You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THIS IS NOT RIGHT

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

i never ever ever moan on this site and never really have any complaints about things that happen on this site.  i am not a regular of the area 51 stuff but this hand happened to me a few minutes ago and i just cant get my head around it whatsoever.  the hand in question is about my 10th hand at the table so there is not great history of my bluffing outrageously etc and the villain is a name i do not recognise and dont have any history with.  at these stakes there are not many names i dont recognise for one reason or another.

after the hand i instantly left all tables i was playing on and emailed support.  this is the first time where i have felt that a hand i was a part of was not above board.  somebody please try and justify this for me!!!!!!!!!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
1carlos15 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £36.53
POKER80Y Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £63.34
alex1977 Big blind  £0.50 £1.25 £19.50
  Your hole cards
  • J

huuuuume Call  £0.50 £1.75 £77.43
alex1977 Check     
Kevwinsome Raise  £2.00 £3.75 £79.89
-v- Fold     
1carlos15 Call  £1.75 £5.50 £34.78
POKER80Y Fold     
huuuuume Raise  £11.00 £16.50 £66.43
alex1977 Call  £11.00 £27.50 £8.50
Kevwinsome Fold     
1carlos15 Call  £9.50 £37.00 £25.28
Flop

• A

1carlos15 Check     
huuuuume Bet  £37.00 £74.00 £29.43
alex1977 All-in  £8.50 £82.50 £0.00
1carlos15 All-in  £25.28 £107.78 £0.00
Turn

River

1carlos15 Show

huuuuume Muck
  • J

alex1977 Show

alex1977 Win Pair of 10s £61.32  £61.32
1carlos15 Win Pair of 2s £32.94  £32.94
huuuuume Win Ace high £11.72  £41.15
it hasnt copied over properly but it was a rainbow flop.  i know my play is not great but i just cant ever see how someone is calling with 22......my only thoughts on his call is that it is the worst thing i have ever seen or maybe he could see my cards????????

Comments

• edited July 2009

He would have seen the 10s too, if that was the case.

• edited July 2009

side pot is bigger than his stack on the flop so still profitable to win side pot rather than fold.   i know i am just being  ridiculous but its a shocking hand that i cant explain any other way

• edited July 2009
     "Who can ya turn to" ....It doesn't matter whether your playing 02/04 games or $1/$2 with N/L cash hold em. some people have no respect to money and no regard to what anyone thinks about the way they play..

However the best weapon any player at this game has, is "Confusion" and yes he must be good because he's confused us  ..   :))
      glk benny
  • edited July 2009
    ok,

This is probably not what you want to hear, but in my opinion you butchered the hand - we've all been there and done it - but my question to you would be what story were you trying to tell?

The limp re raise - ok quite like it really - 2 callers not ideal and your raise was too small to lose any of them. Furthermore, if they're calling that - you should consider that one of them has an "A"...

Granted we know that's not the case, however both are playing relatively short, so the fact that they both called you for a minimum third of their stack means that they are going to war with their hands....

By betting the 37 on the flop, what are you trying to achieve.... The story you told pre flop is that i'm super strong AA, AK AQ KK QQ JJ type hands. If you're lary possibly KQ.

SO why bet 37 if you hold those hands - you would be removing all value, by forcing worse hands to fold.

It can be argued that by betting so much, you have told the TT you don't have the ace. Therefore unless he specifically puts you on JJ QQ or KK he's in fantastic form. Also would someone holding those hands make such an overbet / semi bluff to find out whether any of their 2 opponents has an A - again doubtful.
    Therefore the TT can be fairly comfortable calling all in.

The 22 then has to decide whether they feel committed to the pot. It's fairly loose, and not necessarily the best call in the world, but he may genuinely think that the way the action has gone that he is ahead of you, if not the TT who is very short stacked. Therefore, the sidepot which is sizeable, may be the deciding factor in his call.

I hope that this makes sense, because i'm assuming that this is the train of thought used rather than any bizarre superuser accounts - I would just think about my story telling a little more - and if people don't like the narrative you can end up with some strange calls....
  • edited July 2009
    You where bluffing a station.

Either learn from your mistakes or blame sky, them cheating, the weather, etc etc

Your choice.

If he could see your hole cards he wouldnt be playing 50NL lol. He would be taking isomorph on at 2000NL.
  • edited July 2009

was a major tilt post

the call is genuinely the worst piece of poker i have ever seen.  i never for one moment suggested the short stack calling with 10 10 was a bad call.....to be honest if he isnt folding on that flop he should have got it all in pre flop.

the 22 is something that cannot be explained under any circumstances

• edited July 2009
    if you can name 2 realistic hands that myself and the short stack can have that are losing to the 22 in this spot i will be amazed. 
  • edited July 2009
    Both players played it bad the guy with 10s put 50% of his stack on call he should shove and gamble or fold the guy with 2s should never call 22bb raise pre flop in first place that is plain awfull and the call on flop awfull isn't a strong enough word to describe :-)
  • edited July 2009
    the player with the 10s - prolly played correctly but should of shoved pre flop if he was calling all in even with overcard on the flop...
    the player with the 2s - expensive set mining and what can only be described as a VERY optimistic call on the flop, you take this guys money 9/10 sessions.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THIS IS NOT RIGHT:
     y u gettin involved wiv jk high 4  shockin wat u complainin about, u deserved all u got if im honest and 2 all that reads this u just shoown ppl wat a fool u r, get over urself phil ivey u deserved all wat u got for even playin jk high, next question joker, fold jk high next time
    Posted by mickjenn1
    Are you kidding?

It was a wild move yes, but it was thought out and SHOULD have got through.

I wouldn't blame Sky for it though (even though I do feel there is something iffy about this place).

The guy who called with 2's is obviously just a noob who doesn't really know what he is doing - it happens.

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: THIS IS NOT RIGHT:
    was a major tilt post the call is genuinely the worst piece of poker i have ever seen.  i never for one moment suggested the short stack calling with 10 10 was a bad call.....to be honest if he isnt folding on that flop he should have got it all in pre flop. the 22 is something that cannot be explained under any circumstances
    Posted by huuuuume

get over it u lost