You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Could i have played this better?

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Title explains
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Gaz90 Small blind  25.00 25.00 3635.00
Guy Big blind  50.00 75.00 980.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

MICKAA Call  50.00 125.00 2430.00
iveaces Call  50.00 175.00 1000.00
tiggy121 Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  150.00 325.00 3815.00
Gaz90 Fold     
Guy Call  100.00 425.00 880.00
MICKAA Call  100.00 525.00 2330.00
iveaces Call  100.00 625.00 900.00
Flop

• Q

Guy Check     
MICKAA Check     
iveaces Check     
The_Don90 Bet  250.00 875.00 3565.00
Guy Call  250.00 1125.00 630.00
MICKAA Fold     
iveaces Fold     
Turn

Guy All-in  630.00 1755.00 0.00
The_Don90 Call  630.00 2385.00 2935.00
Guy Show

The_Don90 Show
  • A
  • K

River

Guy Win Pair of 4s 2385.00  2385.00
I have replaced my opponent who beat me with a differnt name og Guy

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Hmmmm...

I would of raised to 200 pre flop because I only want AK against 1 player really, especially against the limpers under the gun.

When GUY checks and then just flat calls your bet it shows a sign of weakness for me, I think he would definately be re-raising with KQ/AQ/Set of something here..

The push on the turn is a weird play by him but I think Im calling in your position there too...It came across to me that he wasn't strong and thats what it was. 

Unlucky man.
  • edited March 2010
    when 'guy' goes allin,im assuming u probly know ur losing,but have flush draw and 2 over cards(assuming he hasnt got Q10),so you gotta call???,thats how i lose with AK 'often'...dont think id be callin with 34 tho,he mustv felt lukky.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Could i have played this better?:
    when 'guy' goes allin,im assuming u probly know ur losing,but have flush draw and 2 over cards(assuming he hasnt got Q10),so you gotta call???,thats how i lose with AK 'often'...dont think id be callin with 34 tho,he mustv felt lukky.
    Posted by philmenow
    I worked out i had these outs

Any K - 3

Any A - 3

Any J (straight) - 4

Any diamond - 9
  • edited March 2010

i missed the str8 draw(lol),dont think u cudv played it any different,he was desperate,and when hed hit a little tiny bit he wasnt goin anywhere,and yes u had lots of outs,obviously if he had Q10 then ur K + A didnt really count.

• edited March 2010
    i missed the str8 draw(lol),dont think u cudv played it any different,he was desperate,and when hed hit a little tiny bit he wasnt goin anywhere,and yes u had lots of outs,obviously if he had Q10 then ur K + A didnt really count.
    Posted by philmenow
    The reason he was so low was he was playing raggy Aces i was actually 100% confient he was betting a low ace
  • edited March 2010
    certainly wouldnt put him on 34(lol),its such a shame these sort of plays 'win'.very speculative.but if all the chips had gone in pre flop thats the sort of muck u wanna be up against.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Could i have played this better? : I worked out i had these outs Any K - 3 Any A - 3 Any J (straight) - 4 Any diamond - 9
    Posted by The_Don90
    You've counted the Jd twice so you actually have one less out but you still easily have the pot odds to call his all-in.

Looking at the action, it looks as though you are sat at a very loose/weak table of people who limp and call any bet. Therefore, you need to raise more pre-flop to get rid of them (or just limp pre-flop yourself and hope to hit and get paid with AdKd).
    On the flop you make a weak continuation bet but you still manage to get 2 of your 3 opponents to fold. It's risky to c-bet here against 3 opponents who you cannot put on a hand.

The play by "guy" with 34 is speculative (at best) and you are unlucky to lose to him but you will obviously beat a player like that over time.

In summary, on a table of loose players who call very light, play your big hands MUCH more aggressively.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Could i have played this better? : You've counted the Jd twice so you actually have one less out but you still easily have the pot odds to call his all-in. Looking at the action, it looks as though you are sat at a very loose/weak table of people who limp and call any bet. Therefore, you need to raise more pre-flop to get rid of them (or just limp pre-flop yourself and hope to hit and get paid with AdKd). On the flop you make a weak continuation bet but you still manage to get 2 of your 3 opponents to fold. It's risky to c-bet here against 3 opponents who you cannot put on a hand. The play by "guy" with 34 is speculative (at best) and you are unlucky to lose to him but you will obviously beat a player like that over time. In summary, on a table of loose players who call very light, play your big hands MUCH more aggressively.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Thanks MereNovice. As i stated somewhere i feel my play is now so much better but still room for alot of improvement.