You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 2,is it really possible to win a tourney without looking at your cards

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
i know its a slip of the finger or you,ve got stubby fingers like me could you put bryans name right in the headline plz b4 some pandant comes on and tries to put you down.
as for the investigation ,not done it mesel not heard of anyone doing it either i spose it could be done if they,re lucky

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Some card players are so good that they could even win a tourney without looking at their cards.this notion has intrigued bryan and i,so we thought we wouldput it to the test.lacking confidence,we decided to enter at the bottom level so we weren,t risking our under heavy roll.the 30p sit n go 6 seater came to our attention as a good place to start.i would blindfold bryan and proceed to tell him only the community cards,and how the betting was going.it became obvious after only a few hands that bryan was becoming quite irratable,he started to perspire heavily,suddenly bryan asked me to go get him an orange and some rope.i immedietely removed the blindfold and put a stop to the experiment at once.we both came to the conclusion that this kind of practice is best left to "proffesional "type people and took it off our investigations pendings list indefinetely.our findings were therefore inconclusive ,if anyone out there in poker land has took this experiment to conclusion we would be interested in your findings ,yours me n bryan oryan pi,poker investigator.
  • edited March 2010
    Google for  video annette_15 covered cards
    You should find Annette Obrestad playing a 180 player sng with her hole cards covered.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAB ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 2,is it really possible to win a tourney without looking at your cards?:
    i know its a slip of the finger or you,ve got stubby fingers like me could you put bryans name right in the headline plz b4 some pandant comes on and tries to put you down. as for the investigation ,not done it mesel not heard of anyone doing it either i spose it could be done if they,re lucky
    Posted by stokefc
    Dantb10 has done it using post-its to cover his hole cards. He did a post about it a couple of weeks ago.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAB ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 2,is it really possible to win a tourney without looking at your cards?:
    In Response to Re: BRYAB ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 2,is it really possible to win a tourney without looking at your cards? : Dantb10 has done it using post-its to cover his hole cards. He did a post about it a couple of weeks ago.
    Posted by Seagull158
    did he win,would,nt suprise if he did
  • edited March 2010
    id find it hard to believe any1 could WIN a tourney without seeing their cards(maybe a very slim chance of pulling it off in a HU tourney),youd need a massif slice of luck(more than when u can see them),surely if the rest of the table can see their cards,they have a huge advantage over 'blind bryan' or whoever..any1 with half a hand will call 'bryans' bet or raise,if someone raises or pushes,it would be  just a guess to call...id say even with lots of luck itd be nigh on impossible...
  • edited March 2010
    id find it hard to believe any1 could WIN a tourney without seeing their cards(maybe a very slim chance of pulling it off in a HU tourney),youd need a massif slice of luck(more than when u can see them),surely if the rest of the table can see their cards,they have a huge advantage over 'blind bryan' or whoever..any1 with half a hand will call 'bryans' bet or raise,if someone raises or pushes,it would be  just a guess to call...id say even with lots of luck itd be nigh on impossible...
    Posted by philmenow
    Agreed.Bryan please do not try this again as it carrys a serious wealth warning.All the best dav
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by philmenow
    But they dont know he's not looking at his cards!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAB ORYAN INVESTIGATES PART 2,is it really possible to win a tourney without looking at your cards? : But they dont know he's not looking at his cards!
    Posted by Seagull158
    makes it even less likely then..have u seen some of 'the play',when they assume ur looking at ur cards...
  • edited March 2010
    i know its a slip of the finger or you,ve got stubby fingers like me could you put bryans name right in the headline plz b4 some pandant comes on and tries to put you down. as for the investigation ,not done it mesel not heard of anyone doing it either i spose it could be done if they,re lucky
    Posted by stokefc
    well spotted there stokey,i typed it blindfolded,no wonder,cheers m8