You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

freeroll

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
just like to say thanks to sky for putting on the spt free roll 2nite. great laugh and great players . lost hu, but who cares great nite 

Comments

• edited March 2010
    nice one! how much did you win?
  • edited March 2010
    well done for getting HU m8
  • edited March 2010
    £ 110 i think. do wish i could play hu poker. maybe sparce could give me a lesson (free)
  • edited March 2010
    VWD matey nice cash
  • edited March 2010

Very well done Pod!

It's unusual for anyone to acknowledge that these Freerolls are a decent gesture, so well done on that, too.

As youi say, it was a bunch of fun - for free, & I loved it.

Can't be bad!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: freeroll:
    Very well done Pod! It's unusual for anyone to acknowledge that these Freerolls are a decent gesture, so well done on that, too. As youi say, it was a bunch of fun - for free, & I loved it. Can't be bad!
    Posted by Tikay10
    dear tikay,bryan and i have been playing omaha constantly since it was introduced,both cash and the fiver tourneys.bout a week ago there was a omaha freerole invite only.about 400  played,myself and boydid another regular never got a look in.weve both spent many a hundred pounds in the tourneys and were both disappointed not to be able to play the game we adore for the first time on such a large scale.yes at times sky can be very giving but this time i think they were taking the xxxx not rewarding their loyal omaha players.theres no excuse im afraid,plus if they want omaha to take off better than it has dont you think they should have invited everyone.yours disgruntled bryan oryan
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: freeroll : dear tikay,bryan and i have been playing omaha constantly since it was introduced,both cash and the fiver tourneys.bout a week ago there was a omaha freerole invite only.about 400  played,myself and boydid another regular never got a look in.weve both spent many a hundred pounds in the tourneys and were both disappointed not to be able to play the game we adore for the first time on such a large scale.yes at times sky can be very giving but this time i think they were taking the xxxx not rewarding their loyal omaha players.theres no excuse im afraid,plus if they want omaha to take off better than it has dont you think they should have invited everyone.yours disgruntled bryan oryan
    Posted by bryan1960
    Hi bryan,

AFAIR, they invited every player who took part in TKO II into that Freeroll, & there were 1,380 runners. EVERY player on Sky Poker was invited & entitled to play TKO II, & all those who did, were entitled to play the Omaha Freeroll to the best of my recollection. I may be wrong in my recollection, & if I am, my aplologies.

They DO try to ensure evryone gets a fair shot at Freerolls when they are on, & they spend tens of thousands of pounds funding Freerolls, but it's just not possible to please everyone, I agree.
  • edited March 2010
    Very well done, Phil! thanks for the PM, by the way, and hopefully we'll meet up again in Swansea! gl
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: freeroll : Hi bryan, AFAIR, they invited every player who took part in TKO II into that Freeroll, & there were 1,380 runners. EVERY player on Sky Poker was invited & entitled to play TKO II, & all those who did, were entitled to play the Omaha Freeroll to the best of my recollection. I may be wrong in my recollection, & if I am, my aplologies. They DO try to ensure evryone gets a fair shot at Freerolls when they are on, & they spend tens of thousands of pounds funding Freerolls, but it's just not possible to please everyone, I agree.
    Posted by Tikay10
    i actually phoned sky to see if i could get the code,ithink they said it was given in the newsletter, whatever that is.and only those who got it,got it.yes its awkward to please everyone i agree,but i think this time they didnt put inuf thought into it,myself and boydid sat that night on a omaha  fiver entry with all other 8 partisipants feeling we missed the party somewhat.im looking for my first nights sleep since,thanks 4 taking time to reply,yours bryan pi , (poker investigator)
  • edited March 2010
    £ 110 i think. do wish i could play hu poker. maybe sparce could give me a lesson (free)
    Posted by pod1
    ill give you lessons for £20 an hour?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: freeroll : ill give you lessons for £20 an hour?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    If you give him £30 an hour, he might take you up on it.   :-)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: freeroll : If you give him £30 an hour, he might take you up on it.   :-)
    Posted by MereNovice
    Sounds cheap !!!! lol
  • edited March 2010
    Well done pod.  Great result.  Was good to meet and play u at Luton.  Could not beleive how many seriously bad beats u suffered and yet was still in!  
  • edited March 2010
    thanks bigshann, it was harsh but so was the way you went out mate.love your game , might see u at swansea