You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

banrollin is the game there

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
a question to all i think im an ok player but im findin the low stacks 2-4 4-8 not to my likin as no1 take the raises or reraises seriously and then they hit with junk ive played higher and found it better only 10/20p but i play very agreesive and findin yer ova time will work but my question is should i adapt my play to suit my bankroll or change my game to tighten up to play at a level which i belive is sutible 4 me

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to banrollin is the game there:
    a question to all i think im an ok player but im findin the low stacks 2-4 4-8 not to my likin as no1 take the raises or reraises seriously and then they hit with junk ive played higher and found it better only 10/20p but i play very agreesive and findin yer ova time will work but my question is should i adapt my play to suit my bankroll or change my game to tighten up to play at a level which i belive is sutible 4 me
    Posted by mrparish82
    Depends what you want out of the game and how financialy viable it is to roll yourself for the level. Irrelevant of BR i don't play lower than 5p -10p as what you say is very true, adapting my game to beat the callers at the lower levels is ok but i find it very boring to tighten up that far and only act when i'm winning.

Your easiest move dependent on available funds may just be to bankroll yourself on the site for level you want to play rather than win your way up the levels. if that's not possible then i suggest using good table selection to find games that are at a higher level but give you value from players whose game you have notes on or have played before.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: banrollin is the game there:
    In Response to banrollin is the game there : Depends what you want out of the game and how financialy viable it is to roll yourself for the level. Irrelevant of BR i don't play lower than 5p -10p as what you say is very true, adapting my game to beat the callers at the lower levels is ok but i find it very boring to tighten up that far and only act when i'm winning. Your easiest move dependent on available funds may just be to bankroll yourself on the site for level you want to play rather than win your way up the levels. if that's not possible then i suggest using good table selection to find games that are at a higher level but give you value from players whose game you have notes on or have played before.
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    thank u very much 4 replyin i think im gunna have a little more time in thinkin bout levels of my play and also now gunna start takin notes on players again ty very much very apreciated  
  • edited March 2010
    most sensible poster of the year gotta be ACESOVER8s everything you say is bang on,keep it up m8
  • edited March 2010
    most sensible poster of the year gotta be ACESOVER8s everything you say is bang on,keep it up m8
    Posted by stokefc
    Yes agreed him and merenovice always always give great advice.dav
  • edited March 2010
    Cheers U 2 - What nice comments !!! :)
  • edited March 2010
    I very much agree with the comments about ACESOVER8s and am flattered to get a mention in the same context.
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by stokefc
    Agreed, ditto as to MereNovice. Both are Old Skool - I think ACESOVER is abot 50, & Mere over 70, but them old boys know a thing or two.....
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: banrollin is the game there : Agreed, ditto as to MereNovice. Both are Old Skool - I think ACESOVER is abot 50, & Mere over 70, but them old boys know a thing or two.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    ... if only I could remember it.

P.S. Thanks.