You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL HEADS UP STRATEGY THREAD!

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

is this another lisa marie thread ?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    It's an increasingly popular version of the game so I thought similar to the Omaha Strategy thread, perhaps it's time we have one place for everyone to ask their questions, post some advice (no matter how basic or advanced) and generally discuss what they do or don't like about the game! If some of the bigger HU players on the site could pop in and contribute aswell that would be great...maybe Rich could stick it up top with the other big threads so people can see it as I'm sure over time, it'll be of interest to most players on here?

Difference's between HU cash and tournament play, starting hand requirements, position etc or if you just want people to look over an actual hand you've played, it doesn't matter...post it here and let's get some discussion going!
  • edited March 2010
    Having position on your opponent is always key when playing any form of poker so it takes on even more importance in HU situation...therefore how often should we be looking to raise with the button? Every hand? Any justifications for limping and looking to play through the streets?
  • edited March 2010

Woooo top man action Dan!

Game selection!!!

Hu sit n gos, or HU cash tables - anyone with any experience of both, which one is more profitable???
  • edited March 2010
    Who is going to tell Yipee about this thread?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL HEADS UP STRATEGY THREAD!:
    Woooo top man action Dan! Game selection!!! Hu sit n gos, or HU cash tables - anyone with any experience of both, which one is more profitable???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I don't have a lot of experience of HU tables but I'd guess the following:

If you have a marginal edge on your opponent(s), play HU STTs.
    If you believe that you are far superior to your opponent(s), play cash.

The reason for this is that against an opponent who has a similar skill level to yourself, you would expect the game to last longer and hence pay more rake on a cash table.
  • edited March 2010
    i have to admit, im terrible at heads up, i dont know whether my 2nd pair is good when he c-bets etc. when i start playing again i will be looking at playing some heads up, probs start at £10 heads up or £5
  • edited March 2010
    Ok this thread's gone down like lead balloon so far - anyone want to add more questions/comments? PLEASE
  • edited March 2010
    i am c r a p at hu to!!