You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

IPL on ITV 4!!!

edited March 2010 in The Shed

Just seen this advertised......that ITV 4 are showing all but one of the games from the Indian Premier League!!!

I cant believe this, Im well chuffed! - I signed up to setanta last time JUST for this tournament. All games start in the afternoon in the UK, I thInk the first one is 2pm on Friday!

Canny believe I only just heard about this 2 days before the tourny begins!

Great sporting entertainment through the day over the next few weeks, with cheltenham too. Cricket is one area I do know quite abit about, so will post my bets daily! :)

DOHHH :):):)

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to IPL on ITV 4!!!:
    Just seen this advertised......that ITV 4 are showing all but one of the games from the Indian Premier League!!! I cant believe this, Im well chuffed! - I signed up to setanta last time JUST for this tournament. All games start in the afternoon in the UK, I thInk the first one is 2pm on Friday! Canny believe I only just heard about this 2 days before the tourny begins! Great sporting entertainment through the day over the next few weeks, with cheltenham too. Cricket is one area I do know quite abit about, so will post my bets daily! :) DOHHH :):):)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hi

i did sae thing also, signed up to setanta before it went belly up

its all about the in running bets for twenty 20, innings runs is a good thing to go for
  • edited March 2010
    who u fancying eye rays? - Just looking at the line ups for the opening match, Deccan dont look as strong as last year, 3 big guns at the top of the order then not alot to come ater that, first 6 overs will be key, early wickets and theyre nackered.....

Gona wait and watch a few matches see how the pitches r playing etc before making any bets.

Here we go...............
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IPL on ITV 4!!!:
    who u fancying eye rays? - Just looking at the line ups for the opening match, Deccan dont look as strong as last year, 3 big guns at the top of the order then not alot to come ater that, first 6 overs will be key, early wickets and theyre nackered..... Gona wait and watch a few matches see how the pitches r playing etc before making any bets. Here we go...............
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You must be looking at a different line-up to me.
  • edited March 2010
    haha mere, theres gilchrist, who's another year older, but still a special player, Gibs, who struggles to get in the SA team now, and Symonds, who can't get a game for the Aussies. After that theres Laxman, who although he is a magician with the bat at test level, aint a 20 20 player!

As for the bowling, i can't see where the wickets are gonna come from, but saying that Vaas's little wobblers at collingwod pace seem to have done the job!

If eiher of these 2 teams qualify for the later stages, I will be veryyyyyy surprised.

Glad to see Owais Shah getting a game this time round - can't believe England dropped him after his performances in the champions trophy!

• edited March 2010
    Rohit Sharma at 5 for Deccan - that's a very powerful top 5.
  • edited March 2010

Let's get Shah back in for the 20/20 world cup!

Swap him for Prior and make Kieswetter wk and we've got a pretty decent line-up:

Kieswetter (wk)
    Trott
    Pietersen
    Shah
    Collingwood (c)
    Morgan
    Wright
    Bresnan
    Swann
    Broad
    Sidebottom/Anderson (whoever's fit)

• edited March 2010
    Yousuf Pathan 100 off 37 balls today!!

Wow...just wow
  • edited March 2010
    Jinglema - stick Lumb in for Trott and switch Shah & Morgan around and i'd agree :)
  • edited March 2010

Jinglema - spot on!

Why does Trott even get a look in at 20 20 yet alone open the batting! We played Pakistan and were going great, KP was smashing it all over, and Trott was going alon at 40 off 40 balls. 

Whats more worrying for me, is that he didn't show any intent, and seemed to think he was doing enough....whist Moran Wrght Prior etc were sat in the shed.

Deffo bring back Shah, amazed he was dropped, and axe Prior in all forms of cricket other than tests. 

Dont like saying it as a Yorkshireman, but I dont think Bresnan is up to the job against the top teams either.
  • edited March 2010

who u fancying eye rays? - Just looking at the line ups for the opening match, Deccan dont look as strong as last year, 3 big guns at the top of the order then not alot to come ater that, first 6 overs will be key, early wickets and theyre nackered..... Gona wait and watch a few matches see how the pitches r playing etc before making any bets. Here we go...............
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    everyteam on paper looks fantastic but i reckon kkr are gna go far this year... mcullum, gayle, ganguly, shah and mathews, with sharma bowling.  they also got wasim akram helping their bowlers in a coaching role.

in terms of betting im not gna back anyone outright until maybe even the semis, i bet most games in running on totals for first 6 overs and whole innings, and if its a close game id back a winner for the actual game.
  • edited March 2010
    Let's get Shah back in for the 20/20 world cup! Swap him for Prior and make Kieswetter wk and we've got a pretty decent line-up: Kieswetter (wk) Trott Pietersen Shah Collingwood (c) Morgan Wright Bresnan Swann Broad Sidebottom/Anderson (whoever's fit)
    Posted by JingleMa
    on paper this team looks great. but pietersen is the only consistent 20 20 performer. i saw him live at the oval in 20 20 world cup and hes the only batsmen who shows urgency. and secondly, luke wright needs to prove himself and fast. he is meant to be genuine all rounder, and yet his stats are as follows.

ODI 31 games, batting average 23 with 11 wickets
    t20, 18 games, batting average 14 with 5 wickets

• edited March 2010
    I'm really pleased to see a top class tournament like the IPL on ITV4 and for me although i can't see it happening, i would like to see ITV make a bid for England home test matches and ODI's.

I'm more looking forward to the English County Season which starts in 3 weeks time and hopefully Lancashire finally win a trophy and we totally own Yorkshire in the Roses Matches which is usually the case anyway lol! :)