You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ITS ADDICTIVE!!

edited April 2010 in The Sky Poker Tour
Before my encouraging result at Luton I had it all worked out. I would play Swansea and Nottingham but not Glasgow. Its too far !! But at the back of my mind was the thought that there are cheap flights from Stansted.
But as a coach driver my work is very seasonal and my boss is very good to me. If the poker gods are not smiling on me and I need a break from poker and a little extra cash, one phone call is all it takes and next day I may be in Paris or Poland,maybe taking an adult group or a school party.
 I have to be fair to him too, May to September is the busy time and he is always short of drivers. So having already booked certain times when I will be unavailable, I know he is relying on me to do my bit in May. I also have this plan to have a good go at getting to Vegas this year.
So I just cant do Glasgow, can I ?
Anyway, early yesterday evening I was looking around the site and there was an SPT Glasgow satellite about to start which only had 9 entries. I thought it was a shame as one more would allow the top 2 to go through. Before I knew it I was in and playing...well its only a fiver !
I played quite loose as I knew I didnt really want to go through,did I? I went down to 270 chips,then shove shove shove and ended up winning it !  At 930 I was still telling myself I didnt really want to win but it turned into a good tourny. I went out on a coinflip which if it went the other way would probably have got me in. It really didnt matter, did it ?
See you at 930 tonight !!!!!!!
Tony

Comments

• edited March 2010

Lol, good luck Tony!
  • edited March 2010
    Haha Quality!

Good luck man, Im playing the Satellite tommorow for Glasgow. Not sure how I'll get there yet but it'll be a good jolly if I can make it! I'm only 20 so travelling up to Glasgow for this sort of tournament would improve me as a player big time!

Good luck matey!!
  • edited April 2010

"I have to be fair to him too, May to September is the busy time and he is always short of drivers. So having already booked certain times when I will be unavailable, I know he is relying on me to do my bit in May. I also have this plan to have a good go at getting to Vegas this year."

"Your going to Vegas baby"

Well played and have a great time, nice one Tony.