You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flopped full house, river shove, obvious call???

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ChirpyChip Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £38.25
kirstii Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £29.96
  Your hole cards

BIGSHANN Fold     
ASTRAX Call  £0.40 £1.00 £57.34
Bergman Fold     
snowpigeon Call  £0.40 £1.40 £39.24
ChirpyChip Fold     
kirstii Check     
Flop

kirstii Check     
ASTRAX Check     
snowpigeon Check     
Turn

• A

kirstii Check     
ASTRAX Check     
snowpigeon Check     
River

kirstii Bet  £0.80 £2.20 £29.16
ASTRAX All-in  £57.34 £59.54 £0.00
snowpigeon Fold   
??????

Player was playing a varied game, playing position well and making some good value bets, just wanted to check my thinking behind this was correct.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    lol thats insane! You only lose to AA, A6 or 88... i doubt he would play AA so passively, 88 unlikely because you are holding 1 of the 8s, he could have A6 but then it would just be a sick sick cooler. If he's good this looks like hes rivered 4s full to me...
    You have to call here though btw... but what's worrying is why you are waiting so long to bet? You bet 80p on the river... if you get a caller than you make basically nothing, to build a big pot you have to bet!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Flopped full house, river shove, obvious call???:
    lol thats insane! You only lose to AA, A6 or 88... i doubt he would play AA so passively, 88 unlikely because you are holding 1 of the 8s, he could have A6 but then it would just be a sick sick cooler. If he's good this looks like hes rivered 4s full to me... You have to call here though btw... but what's worrying is why you are waiting so long to bet? You bet 80p on the river... if you get a caller than you make basically nothing, to build a big pot you have to bet!
    Posted by BlackFish3
    The same thinking as me, i bet so little on the river to induce a raise (for reasons in my notes) but didn't expect such a big one! lol
  • edited March 2010
    Pre flop and flop is fine, but on the turn you really need to bet so you can get value for this hand. As for the river if he does that with AA or 88 its so bad as he kills the action from anyone there with a rag ace or 8.

I call river since theres no way I can believe hes shoving with AA or 88.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Flopped full house, river shove, obvious call??? : The same thinking as me, i bet so little on the river to induce a raise (for reasons in my notes) but didn't expect such a big one! lol
    Posted by kirstii
    yea that is absolutely crazy... that's why i think he rivered a set of 4s giving him the full house... would be a very very strange way to play any other hand!!!
    Im thinking he did have you beat and that's why you posted this but you gota just remind yaself it is a cooler and dont go folding full houses lol... ive been on the wrong end of house v house twice recently and it's costs me 500BBs... but it's still just a cooler.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Flopped full house, river shove, obvious call??? : yea that is absolutely crazy... that's why i think he rivered a set of 4s giving him the full house... would be a very very strange way to play any other hand!!! Im thinking he did have you beat and that's why you posted this but you gota just remind yaself it is a cooler and dont go folding full houses lol... ive been on the wrong end of house v house twice recently and it's costs me 500BBs... but it's still just a cooler.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Like the analysis black, but you're spot on, he had 4's full which i put him on as well, took most of the clock to decide but that was the hand that kept going through my head, i reckon he thought i slow rolled him though! Just wanted to see if other had the same thought process i went through. 8's didn't make sense because there were only 2 in the deck and aces didn't make sense because of the way it was played.

Cheers guys!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Flopped full house, river shove, obvious call??? : Like the analysis black, but you're spot on, he had 4's full which i put him on as well, took most of the clock to decide but that was the hand that kept going through my head, i reckon he thought i slow rolled him though! Just wanted to see if other had the same thought process i went through. 8's didn't make sense because there were only 2 in the deck and aces didn't make sense because of the way it was played. Cheers guys!
    Posted by kirstii
    nice one we both got it right :D and a nice big pot to youuu!
  • edited March 2010
    Call every single time.. the hands that beat you are so unlikely... he might have a6 or any 6 infact...... although there is no money in the pot so the implied odds aren't that great... just depends whether you had him or not.. 88 not so unlikely though.