You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tag Team Poker...?

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Had an idea today while bored at work. Would you be able to do a "Tag Team" tournament. Don't know if this has ever been done before, if not Sky could be the first ever!

You are in teams of 2 (could be more) and basicly only 1 of you plays at a time. You play for an hour and then the tournament freezes and finishes. Then the next day the tournament resumes with the same chipstacks, but the other team member having the seat. This could then be played out till the end. I had the idea as I feel I am a pretty good player towards the end of a tournament, and if I cash I normally win, but getting to the cash is my problem so thought of a team game.

Let me know what you all think and we could put it to sky if everyone likes it.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    If there was a way it could be done it sounds like fun -nice idea
  • edited March 2010
    i like the basic idea of it. sounds like a laugh can imagine some scary looking tag teams imagine being up against two total players teamed together.

maybe changing each level might be better? just a idea 
  • edited March 2010
    Sounds different but good!!!!!! Dunno how it could be set up but would probs get a lot of interest.
  • edited March 2010

I like it flash - can ya pick ya partner then? - or is it enter, and get drawn out randomly? - maybe just play 2 separate tournys, and make combined results win - then both are sure to get a decent game. 
  • edited March 2010
    Impossible. Would be too many incidents where other team members didn't play (wernt on sky poker).

It's just not reliable to stretch a tournament over a number of days and trust a stranger is going to commit to it.

Changing each level might be an idea but it's not something i'd ever take part in.
  • edited March 2010
    Sounds a great idea, very similar format for when they do the poker nations type tourneys where one player plays for a certain time and the team captain can buzz the change in line up from the side lines. I vote yes good idea.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Tag Team Poker...?:
    Impossible. Would be too many incidents where other team members didn't play (wernt on sky poker). It's just not reliable to stretch a tournament over a number of days and trust a stranger is going to commit to it. Changing each level might be an idea but it's not something i'd ever take part in.
    Posted by daveydavey
    it would have to 2 friends or 2 players that are prepared for the tourny and could communicate via pms.
    dont think 2 randoms would work.very good idea flash
  • edited March 2010
    i guessed the idea was u chose ur partner. if not i agree would be hard to trust a stranger to put full effort in lol

EDIT: as stoke just said lol
  • edited March 2010
    and what happens when the first guy goes out? the other guy will be a bit annoyedi dont think it would work tbh, and you got put with someone who was sat out jeez. the combined tourny results sound good. maybe run em simultaneously, 
  • edited March 2010
    great idea, not sure about change every hr, maybe each blind change
  • edited March 2010
    it sounds abit like the poker nations thingy.

How about getting 3 teams of 2, and playing a cash table against each other.

Each player plays for an hour, then you switch, and then see who is up the most after so many hours?

You could do it like league format thing.

just an idea
  • edited March 2010
    it sounds abit like the poker nations thingy. How about getting 3 teams of 2, and playing a cash table against each other. Each player plays for an hour, then you switch, and then see who is up the most after so many hours? You could do it like league format thing. just an idea
    Posted by TP_Dantb

+1
  • edited March 2010
    it sounds abit like the poker nations thingy. How about getting 3 teams of 2, and playing a cash table against each other. Each player plays for an hour, then you switch, and then see who is up the most after so many hours? You could do it like league format thing. just an idea
    Posted by TP_Dantb

+2