You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad beats are good!

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

Ive suffered a few big uns tonight, had a think, and reminded myself that bad beats are a compliment.  To get outdrawn we must have got the money in ahead, and so despite the outcome we have outplayed our opponent. 

It is pretty hard not to winge and tilt sometimes, but trying to think about how many players I have outplayed is a bit of a consolation.  Of course we all know this, and we know that in the long term we will be profitable if we go in ahead, so if you are getting a lot of bad beats think about how many players you must have outplayed!! 

Also, I have come to the conclusion that better players WILL rack up more bad beats.  Bearing in mind you can only have a bad beat if you get your money in ahead, the more often you get money in good the more possibility of bad beats.  SO, to get bad beats you must be getting money in ahead, and therefore you are infact playing well.  I recon.

Hope I havn't repeated myself too much and this might help people who are running bad!

Boon

Comments