You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Players 'not' away

edited September 2010 in Poker Chat

Agreed. It's intolerable. How are we supposed to win if everyone vsits in?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Im sick and tired of playing in freerolls when all the players are not away, i think sky should do something about this, like automatically muck their hands if they are not away for 2 rounds. I mean its really annoying when your at a table and you re - raise in the SB and the BB is not away and calls or shoves, can anyone tell me if there are any tables where some players are 'away', as i find these types of games easier to play. Is it bad etiquette or cheating to be sat at a table and not be away? 
    thoughts please
  • edited March 2010
    I agree. Was playing a dym earlier and all 5 of the other players were not away. They were all sat there playing their cards. Obviously i sat and waited for a bit to see if any of them would be away, but then, and get this, they all started betting and shoving chips left right and centre. Well you can imagine how i felt. Frankly i was shocked enough to contact customer services and complain. Apparantly, if you pay the buy in you can play any way you like. Blooming cheek is what i say. If this keeps up i'll have to withdraw my money and play elsewhere.
  • edited March 2010
    I hope others don't consider it bad etiquette, but I'm one of those players who likes to pretend that I'm there, when in fact I'm away.
  • edited March 2010
    pmsl(again)

right thats it i'm not reading loony's post anymore,was just off out now have to change undies again.....
  • edited March 2010
    All i can say looney mate is if you really really want a table of aways either play a FREEROLL or even better play in a TKO
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Players 'not' away:
    Agreed. It's intolerable. How are we supposed to win if everyone sits in?
    Posted by Tikay10
    sky poker looney outbreak

can tk please come to area 51,

for reprogramming,

it seems the the looney bug has infected you,

our apologies to the forum users,

we are experiencing alot of nutters around today ,

high levels of the looney virus have been detected,

a downloadable virus protector will be available very soon,

well soon ,

ok sometime in the near future .
  • edited March 2010
    Agreed. It's intolerable. How are we supposed to win if everyone vsits in?
    Posted by Tikay10
    The general consensus is that the best tactic is to play in the opposite manner to the rest of the table so I'd say that your optimal strategy would be to "sit out".

I hope that this helps.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Players 'not' away : The general consensus is that the best tactic is to play in the opposite manner to the rest of the table so I'd say that your optimal strategy would be to "sit out". I hope that this helps.
    Posted by MereNovice
    but that would mean that you yourself would be 'not, not away' whilst everyone else is 'not away' so it doesnt really help does it?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Players 'not' away : but that would mean that you yourself would be 'not, not away' whilst everyone else is 'not away' so it doesnt really help does it?
    Posted by loonytoons
    Yes, it does help - trust me. "not, not away" is the opposite of "not away" so I'd say that it's pretty much a certainty that you're going to win.
    Of course, if everyone else changes tactics mid-game and decides to be "not, not away", you should immediately change to being "not, not, not away".
    It's a bit difficult to explain in a single post (whole books have been written about it) but that's the gist.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Players 'not' away : Yes, it does help - trust me. "not, not away" is the opposite of "not away" so I'd say that it's pretty much a certainty that you're going to win. Of course, if everyone else changes tactics mid-game and decides to be "not, not away", you should immediately change to being "not, not, not away". It's a bit difficult to explain in a single post (whole books have been written about it) but that's the gist.
    Posted by MereNovice
    I think that this is the best definition of "the metagame" that I have ever read. Kudos go to Mr. Novice :o)
  • edited March 2010
    I have had the exact same thing happening recently, I hate people sitting on a table whilst I am playing. Surely once you have paid your money to enter, you should leave the table..

Sky need to do something about this as it is happening nearly all the time.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Players 'not' away : Yes, it does help - trust me. "not, not away" is the opposite of "not away" so I'd say that it's pretty much a certainty that you're going to win. Of course, if everyone else changes tactics mid-game and decides to be "not, not away", you should immediately change to being "not, not, not away". It's a bit difficult to explain in a single post (whole books have been written about it) but that's the gist.
    Posted by MereNovice
    where can you get these books,i gotta read up on this to progress my game.
    agree with loony does me head in
  • edited March 2010
    I agree. Was playing a dym earlier and all 5 of the other players were not away. They were all sat there playing their cards. Obviously i sat and waited for a bit to see if any of them would be away, but then, and get this, they all started betting and shoving chips left right and centre. Well you can imagine how i felt. Frankly i was shocked enough to contact customer services and complain. Apparantly, if you pay the buy in you can play any way you like. Blooming cheek is what i say. If this keeps up i'll have to withdraw my money and play elsewhere.
    Posted by fingers615

LOLOL
  • edited March 2010
    I was in the 8pm main event tonight and there were literally hundreds of 'not away' players.  How am I supposed to win under these conditions?  I'm checking the terms and conditions to see if this is allowed and contacting customer support at the earliest opportunity.

• edited March 2010
    Even Richorford was not away
  • edited March 2010
    Following this i am extremely confused! sorry to sound mentally stupid but what do u mean by not away? surely u want to play against people or do u mean people who fake being away just to muck hands and keepp their chips?
  • edited March 2010
    Following this i am extremely confused! sorry to sound mentally stupid but what do u mean by not away? surely u want to play against people or do u mean people who fake being away just to muck hands and keepp their chips?
    Posted by Sharky21
    your honesty has not gone unnoticed,

paddy brunson thats doyle brother by the way,

wrote a book with good stragtegic plays on away away players ,

i dig some info out of that book and throw it in a thread tomorrow for you .

• edited March 2010
    Posted by Sharky21
        Basically i'm there except when i'm away so normally i'm not away,which is very annoying for other players who are  expecting players 2 be not. not away,coz it generally makes the game more difficult.Apart from when i'm there of course.
  • edited September 2010
    As we are now discussing away players again on the forum its only right to give a balanced reply so i am back by popular demand lol!!
  • edited September 2010
    I don't even register for tournaments but I've still not cashed. Is it because of the not away players or the not, not away players that my bank roll is not increasing?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Players 'not' away:
    Im sick and tired of playing in freerolls when all the players are not away, i think sky should do something about this, like automatically muck their hands if they are not away for 2 rounds. I mean its really annoying when your at a table and you re - raise in the SB and the BB is not away and calls or shoves, can anyone tell me if there are any tables where some players are 'away', as i find these types of games easier to play. Is it bad etiquette or cheating to be sat at a table and not be away?  thoughts please
    Posted by loonytoons
    brilliant

• edited September 2010
    Im away now in a DYM reading these posts !
  • edited September 2010

SHOCKING NEWS LOONEY,JUST AS I WORKED OUT, HOW TO PLAY AWAY PLAYERS
  • edited September 2010
    I have to agree something needs to be done!

Was happily stealing blinds in the freeroll & an away bid!? - gave me goosebumps it did

I've taken the advise posted above and immediately became away - Ill return in a couple of hours & see if I won.