You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this just the correct level for me?

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Im just woundering, does someone have a correct level of play. I used to play the small DYM's 30p 60p or £1 if i was lucky enough to have the BR. However with a little help from MTT sucsess of late ive managed to build enough of a bankroll to support playing the £5 DYM's and entering tournaments on a more regular basis. Is this just because im playing some of the best poker ive ever played, or am just getting lucky, or have i just found the correct level for me.

Im not 100% sure but im now losing less and less, but im also having fewer bad beats. I feel happier playing against these players, this may also add to this, so im asking those who have leveled their BR up do they feel the same or is it just sheer luck that ive had.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    if you are feeling happy and comfortable at that level then play it, if things change then drop back down
  • edited March 2010
    To be honest Pod i never felt comfortable or happy at the lower levels. I always felt like i was about to be outdrawn therefor played so tight that i was only playing monster hands and unraised BBs
  • edited March 2010

Impossible for me or anyone else to tell - just be honest with yourself - if you feel you can beat the game consistently then happy days - if u feel you are the one getting lucky, then the chances are it wont last...
  • edited March 2010
    The thing is i am getting some luck but im playing well at the same time. Im betting correctly most of the time, and although ive had 3 monster hands in the last two days (Quad Aces, Striaght flush to King and a Royal) ive bet them all perfectly (infact induced an all in with the Quads) and im consistantly making it to the money end of the tournament.

I feel comfortable, and on top of my game but im just not 100% i still cant do cash games as i seem to lose them up big time.