You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER...HAVE YOURE SAY

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Hey there, just thought i would start new discussion about more freerolls on skypoker....
new people coming onto the site, gives them a good chance of winning some easy cash and playing some poker for free to give them a glinse of the site...
people who are not as fortunate with money can have a free laugh and a free chance to win abit of wongaa..

50quid free rolls every day
and say every wednesday a 500 quid freeroll
what do people think.
give us youre say

Comments

• edited March 2010
    While freerolls are a good introduction to poker for new members there is a universal truth on these types of matters i'm afraid and that is..........Somebody Has To Pay For It!!!!

Sky earn their money from the rake, people that play for money are the ones paying the rake, so the only way the fund them is to either increase the rake that the business takes in or lose something that the regular players already get (a tv program, The League Freeroll, Cash For Points etc etc ) to fund it.

All promotions come from the same marketing budget so to get 1 you have to lose another, and as regular money players rarley take part in freerolls then there may not be overwhelming support from tournament and cash players who are paying for them
  • edited March 2010
    I am also new to the site and have started with quite a small bankroll. I have found the Freeroll tournament's on SKY much better than other sites !

As a new customer you are given 1000 poker points that you can buy into satellites to the big tournaments such as 12k Bounty Hunter, Primo etc for between 25-100 of the points.

This gives a real ACHEIVEABLE opportunity to win a decent prize that will help your bankroll as a couple of them give places to the top 15/20 players. 

I find the cash freerolls that other sites offer a complete waste of time, why would you want to play against up to 10,000 other players for a share of 50 euro's ?