You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why are the worst players on here rewarded???

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

I have KK .. he has A8. he raises £3 pre flop ( 50p £1 table ) 2 other people call. I go all in £50. A 8 calls. hits 8 on flop and rivers Ace. How can they call all in on A 8 ?

Comments

• edited March 2010

Don't sit at a cash table with half a buy in.......
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Why are the worst players on here rewarded???:
    Don't sit at a cash table with half a buy in.......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    What you mean half a buy in? it was 50p £1 table and i had £50 on table.
  • edited March 2010

Yes, the full pull up is £100 on that table.....100 x the big blind.....It doesnt justify his call but it definately makes it slightly more understandable, and he's definitely more likely to call half a buy in, than play a flop/turn and river when you are sat there with the full buy in.....

I would have taken the £50 to 25p/50p instead.....

• edited March 2010
    Yes, the full pull up is £100 on that table.....100 x the big blind.....It doesnt justify his call but it definately makes it slightly more understandable, and he's definitely more likely to call half a buy in, than play a flop/turn and river when you are sat there with the full buy in..... I would have taken the £50 to 25p/50p instead.....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    he had £50 on table too.. all his on-table money. oh well just unlucky i guess.. some people can't let go..
  • edited March 2010

Well yeah in this specific instance the money on the table didnt really matter then as you are only playing as much as the other guy anyway - even if you were sat with 3 grand...

In general though I'd advise you always sit with the max buy in, and if that is too much, then play a lower level. Imagine getting AA v KK against a bloke with 300 quid and you have just sat down with half a stack! aghhhh my worst nightmare.

Ul in that hand, DOHH
  • edited March 2010
    Dohhh is right £50 is only half a buyin, I understand your upset at getting outdrawn but would you of been any happier if he had called with Aces? You still would of lost

You got your money in good and you can do nothing more than that. Once it's in then it's the luck of the cards as to who will come out victorious.

The reason sometimes people get lucky is because that is what has to happen. If the best hand always won then there is no gamble, without the "gamble" element you never get called by a worse hand and therefore you never make any money. If your rolled to be playing £100nl then you just refil and continue on as you know you will be able to get your money in good in lots of other spots against a player willing to call you with any ace. Eventually the luck runs out and they are left with nothing.

It is sick when it happens though - GL
  • edited March 2010
    I just can't understand players who call all-in with A8 ........ maybe he had a 'moment' ............ it does happen.
  • edited March 2010
    I just can't understand players who call all-in with A8 ........ maybe he had a 'moment' ............ it does happen.
    Posted by elsadog
    LOL A 7 anyone?????? only kidding Elsa
  • edited March 2010
    Hi

Unfortunately, there are people who, just because they got an Ace, they think thy got the world and wont let go, but you want them to call you, you are a 70% fave, you will win in the long run, it just does not happen just on here either, it does on other sites too, I promise, and even live I has KK cracked by AQ, it happens, its poker :)
  • edited March 2010
    You must be playing outside your BR if that beats hurts you enough to moan about it on the forum. Just reload then when you got AA and he doesnt let go of his A8 you win it back
  • edited March 2010
    if the worst players didn't get 'rewarded' they would stop playing.
    if the worst players stopped playing then it would be too difficult for decent players to win.
    if you get your money in bad enough times then eventually you will win.
  • edited March 2010
    any way... why you shove preflop? you scared to play post flop or sumin?
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by elsadog
    Post of the Day!
  • edited March 2010
    Stop moaning, are you only wanting him to call with AA, you want him to call all day long. You are prob only just over 70% to win against any ace with kk all in pre.

Last week I had KK (300nl) I raised to £12 , I got 3 bet to £38 by decent player, whale calls £38. blinds fold back to me, pots nearing £100, so I just shove as happy to take it down. Decent player folds, fish thinks and calls, what did he have qq jj ak  no,  24 sooted yes not a typo 24 sooooooted £750 pot(both had £350 or so). He rivered a flush did I moan no, why didint I moan because these calls are the reason for me no longer having a mortgage.

As for buying in for 100bb or not, buy in for whatever you want its your money.
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by elsadog
    Was that one of your calls last night? I think I'm remembering one along those lines.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Why are the worst players on here rewarded??? : Was that one of your calls last night? I think I'm remembering one along those lines.
    Posted by Seagull158
    A8 never!

I made two calls ....... one was A7 and the other was A9. Totally different.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Why are the worst players on here rewarded??? : A8 never! I made two calls ....... one was A7 and the other was A9. Totally different.
    Posted by elsadog
    When its your day!  Here's one from last night's deepie. 5 players left and I'm chip leader with 34,000, blinds at 600/1200 . I raise UTG 3*BB with AKo and get called by the cod. Flop comes A98 rainbow. Happy days (as Loonytoons would say) so I bet 4800 to try and keep him in and he calls. Turn comes 10, another 4800 and he min raises So i shove. He calls and turns over J7! To make it worse I picked up another A on the river. A little while later I'm in BB with Q 7 and thr flop comes Q 10d 7d. I raise the flop, cod calls. 4d on turn and I shove. He calls and shows Kd 9c. Then we watch 9d appear on the river for his 4 flush GG GL. I'm out in 5th and stay to watch him take it down by calling with any 2 and hitting all the way to the win. Not that I'm sore about it or anything!
  • edited March 2010
    This is a ridiculous thread. OP is obviously a donk.
  • edited March 2010
    was at your table when that happen AJS, I was absolutley gob smacked when he called
    like you say took it well mate not 1 bad word to him,
    although you did ask him if he would like to play you head - up ;)
  • edited March 2010
    It happens mate you were just unlucky i will take my KK vs A8 all day long.Sometimes the cards conspire against you,i was playing 10/20p last week and me and villain both had about £16 in our stack and i raised £1 only for him to put me all-in i thought YES cos i showed AA and he showed 66.Oops he hit a 6 lol dav
  • edited March 2010

I think sky just like me