You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

maximum buy in

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Anyone know why, on a 2p / 4p cash table you can deposit £10, but on the 4p / 8p cash table you can only deposit £8, seems a bit loony to me

Comments

• edited March 2010
    some 4p/8p tables the max buy in is £10... someone answered this conundrum before i think, hopefully they will do so again because i cant remember the answer!
  • edited March 2010
    Maybe it's just incorrect settings by the poker-table seteruperer.
  • edited March 2010
    i like the fact its really deepstacked, id love deeper stacks for the higher stakes too, its just the fact that people are too eager to get the money in with online poker so your effectlively going to lose more in a big hand. watching high stakes poker etc and its amazing how little all the money goes in when in effect they are playing with roughly the same amount of big blinds as they do online
  • edited March 2010
    And don't forget that you can sit down at any 5/10p table with £20!

Apparently, the maximum buy ins for the micro limits are because it's what people want. Personally, I completely & utterly disagree. IMO, maximum buy ins should always be 100BB unless it's specifically a deep stack table (which maybe Sky should introduce?).