You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Finally had a pop at the faster set ups

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Played in my first Velocity today, and iid like to say to Sky this is a fantastic set up of a tournament. For all i love being in a tournament for the long hall i found the Velocity a very interesting game. As i like to think im quite a tight player, i found myself finnishing 27th (not bad for a first try i dont think) going out with two pair to a ten on the river, although i was behing to the AJ pre-flop when all the money went in so i cant complain.

I must say well played to most of the players i went up against, not sure who won it but will done to them as well. For all i only lasted just past the break it was a great challenge to play a differnt style of game to my usual one of sitting and waiting.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Finally had a pop at the faster set ups:
    Played in my first Velocity today, and iid like to say to Sky this is a fantastic set up of a tournament. For all i love being in a tournament for the long hall i found the Velocity a very interesting game. As i like to think im quite a tight player, i found myself finnishing 27th (not bad for a first try i dont think) going out with two pair to a ten on the river, although i was behing to the AJ pre-flop when all the money went in so i cant complain. I must say well played to most of the players i went up against, not sure who won it but will done to them as well. For all i only lasted just past the break it was a great challenge to play a differnt style of game to my usual one of sitting and waiting.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Well done, nice result for a first attempt..

Busy, busy, busy is the way to play them. It doesn't suit my game though as I never, ever, bluff. Please remember Don, if I ever raise your blinds, I do have the nuts.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Finally had a pop at the faster set ups:
    In Response to Finally had a pop at the faster set ups : Well done, nice result for a first attempt.. Busy, busy, busy is the way to play them. It doesn't suit my game though as I never, ever, bluff. Please remember Don, if I ever raise your blinds, I do have the nuts.
    Posted by elsadog
    Thank you elsa. It doesnt really suit my style but i have been trying to practice changing gears in a tournament which is something i have struggled to do, so i thought if i played a fast paced game i could learn how to play at a higher gear.

To be honest after doubling up first hand it was quite easy despite the all in call being hard. Turns out my top pair with K kicker was miles ahead of the top pair with 2 kicker expessially after the K came out.