You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"It only happens online"

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
... is what people with no live experience say...

Played a tournament today, UTG min raises I pick up QQ on the button, I shove all in and the original raiser calls. He shows JJ ... Quality QQ vs JJ 80% fav. ... flop (in this order) J,J,K .. good game Flash thanks for coming!!

So before people moan about online bad beats just remember it happens just as much live as it does online.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    I remember on of the local tournaments i was at that backs this statement up(i was not in the hand).

KQ suit of clubs v KK both raise and re-raised pre-flop. Then the flop come, 10clubs, Jclubs, Jhearts

another small raise battle takes place before the Ace of clubs is shown. Both players check, then a K on the river and the KK moves all in. Unfortunetly the Royal was already hit/
  • edited March 2010
    Hi guys
    Of course people blame online sites for bad beats, but last weekend at the SPT Luton, heres just three i was involved in or saw on the day.
    1. i had tens with only 5 bbs(early position), so i push and get called by kk(i know how could he lol), i flop a flush draw and hit it on the river.
    2. same table 2 hands later. A push and the same vicitim calls again, he has AJ against QJ. This time he hits the J on the flop, but loses to a runner runner 4 flush. Twice in three hands. To give him great respect he didnt go on tilt.
    3. in the £30 tourny, i have AA, put in a 3 times bb bet, get 1 call and a min reraise, so i push, caller folds, raiser calls, he has JJ the folder announces he folded AJ, the flops first card is the case J, some comments of how sick is that, i shrug my shoulders, say nice hand and move on.

I TELL YOU LIVE POKER IS RIGGED LOLOLOLOL

Col
  • edited March 2010

All poker is rigged imo ;)

Only ever played 1 live game, but was enought to get KK cracked by AQ :)

• edited March 2010
    happend to me last night had kk so shoved called by aj,flop jjq turn a river a i was so upset ;-)
  • edited March 2010
    hardly the worst beats ever seen on this thread!

• edited March 2010
    In Response to "It only happens online":
    ... is what people with no live experience say... Played a tournament today, UTG min raises I pick up QQ on the button, I shove all in and the original raiser calls. He shows JJ ... Quality QQ vs JJ 80% fav. ... flop (in this order) J,J,K .. good game Flash thanks for coming!! So before people moan about online bad beats just remember it happens just as much live as it does online.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Surely not, as so many more hands are played online, are they not?
  • edited March 2010

since this has turned into a bad beat thread here's mine lol

i have kk and raise 3x bb 1 caller
    flop is 222 so i bet pot he calls
    turn is 8 i go all in he calls his stack whuich was massive and shows ace six

the river is a 2.nooooooooooo

my worse beat ever and dont think i will get as bad as that again so its all up hill  lol
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: "It only happens online":
    All poker is rigged imo ;) Only ever played 1 live game, but was enought to get KK cracked by AQ :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    +1
  • edited March 2010
    Hi guys Of course people blame online sites for bad beats, but last weekend at the SPT Luton, heres just three i was involved in or saw on the day. 1. i had tens with only 5 bbs(early position), so i push and get called by kk(i know how could he lol), i flop a flush draw and hit it on the river. 2. same table 2 hands later. A push and the same vicitim calls again, he has AJ against QJ. This time he hits the J on the flop, but loses to a runner runner 4 flush. Twice in three hands. To give him great respect he didnt go on tilt. 3. in the £30 tourny, i have AA, put in a 3 times bb bet, get 1 call and a min reraise, so i push, caller folds, raiser calls, he has JJ the folder announces he folded AJ, the flops first card is the case J, some comments of how sick is that, i shrug my shoulders, say nice hand and move on. I TELL YOU LIVE POKER IS RIGGED LOLOLOLOL Col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    i can only concur with this

at Luton i saw a few "bad beats" and "internet hands"

my favourite was raising with j6 in the blinds, flop comes j96 vs one player who holds KQ
    turn is a 10 giving him the nut str8, and river..... is a 6 giving me a full house.  happy days:)

• edited March 2010
    I wouldn't shove on the button, call then raise and put in a pot size bet on the flop or get out.

You're throwing all your arms n legs away and u c ant do nothing but sit n watch, I always like a way out
  • edited March 2010
    mine was at poker stars playin10$ 25$ and get dealt AA i raise 4xbb and get 1 caller board is A K 3 i bet 2/3 of the pot and he goes all in, an had me covered so i call he shows KQ (donk) the turn is a K and if u haven't guessed the river was also a K and i quickly lost a buy in.

The worst thing was he typed "unlucky m8" in the chat box
  • edited March 2010
    Grrrr

Isn't it annoying when you make a long reply and then think you click 'Edit Post', and then click YES, without realising you've originally clicked 'Delete Post'.......... It only happens online!

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re::
    mine was at poker stars playin10$ 25$ and get dealt  AA i raise 4xbb and get 1 caller board is A K 3 i bet 2/3 of the pot and he goes all in, an had me covered so i call he shows KQ (donk) the turn is a K and if u haven't guessed the river was also a K and i quickly lost a buy in. The worst thing was he typed "unlucky m8" in the chat box
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Wow they have chat boxes while playing live now? That really is anti-social
  • edited March 2010

Well clearly iIn Response to Re: "It only happens online":
    In Response to "It only happens online" : Surely not, as so many more hands are played online, are they not?
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Well clearly i meant the same percentage/ratio
  • edited March 2010
    Well clearly iIn Response to Re: "It only happens online" : Well clearly i meant the same percentage/ratio
    Posted by FlashFlush
    such a douche
  • edited March 2010
    Well clearly iIn Response to Re: "It only happens online" : Well clearly i meant the same percentage/ratio
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Not as clearly as I might have liked.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: : Oi ginger boi dont care if u meant live bad beats, live/online same s***. oooo "that really is anti social" nice punch line, ginger geek
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Think you can ask nearly anyone on these forums, im not ginger
  • edited March 2010
    first time i played poker, I managed to get heads up and was chip leader, 17 people entered.  The bloke I was playing went all in with QQ and I called with 5 2 off (because he said he couldnt be bothered anymore and I believed him)  The flop came A34  and it was goodnight from him and hello £85 to me.  Needless to say I had some abuse
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: : Think you can ask nearly anyone on these forums, im not ginger
    Posted by FlashFlush
    LOL strawberry blond is it matey
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: : LOL strawberry blond is it matey
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    No, and its not strawberry blonde either... It was a picture taken at a live event that sky made into a cartoon drawing. Its just the lighting above the table
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: : No, and its not strawberry blonde either... It was a picture taken at a live event that sky made into a cartoon drawing. Its just the lighting above the table
    Posted by FlashFlush
    W.T.F out of interest what color is your hair coz its bothering me now lol..........................well not really i find it funny though that ur not just sayin which colour your hair is...............ginge
  • edited March 2010
    Cash game at Treasure Island Vegas

I have JJ

Flop is J55

I have $120 in front of me, bet $50, he pushes I call for the $120

He shows 55 for Quads

To add insult to injury he spins a high hand jackpot wheel and wins another $50

Dave
  • edited March 2010
    Cash game at Treasure Island Vegas I have JJ Flop is J55 I have $120 in front of me, bet $50, he pushes I call for the $120 He shows 55 for Quads To add insult to injury he spins a high hand jackpot wheel and wins another $50 Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Obviously one of the problems of playing short stacked.
    If you'd had a bigger stack you would surely have got him off his flopped quads. :-)))
  • edited March 2010
    most recent bad beats 1 sng straight after another....

my hole cards, KK 3 times bb... re raised 3 times more so i call.

flop something like 9 k 3, happy days a set... so because i think i am against AA's hence why i called... so i check and get pot sized raise, so i all in and then get called.

cards flipped AA vs KKK

turn = blank card river of course = A. i was like ok, fairplay still swore but thought i will get it next sng.

========

New sng

hole cards QQ, thinking happy days i raise 3 times again.... get called, i see randomly bad board can't remember what exactly

2/5/8.... so i decide after last time, to not play around.... 3/4 pot sized bet and get pushed on, so i call all in.

he flips over JJ

so happy days JJ Vs QQ 2 cards to go.... i am like, plz no jack plz.

turn = J... river K.

==========

this kind of made me get well annoyed, saying omg unbelievable and said that's it i need a break :p

i think i swore and got annoyed with myself for about 20 mins before i calmed down haha.