You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A very special edition of Total Player tonight........

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

...in which all three remaining TP-ers - Dan, David & Ben - will be in the Studio.

So send in some e-Mails please, asking them questions, & Rich & I will read out as many as we can, assuming they get through the Ling-filter.

So if you are undecided who to vote for, & want to ask them a question, we might just ask the lads to answer themselves.....;)

skyopen@bskyb.com

Comments

• edited March 2010
    I'd like to know what each of the candidates most enjoys about playing live.
  • edited March 2010
    Hi Guys good luck on the show tonight
    Question Id like to ask is What would you all do if you didn't play poker.

• edited March 2010
    Hi all. Firstly GL to all 3 TPers - really enjoyed this comp. My question is to all 3 - finding themselves on a table with Helmuth at the WSOP and managing to totally outplay him on a hand that seriously damages his stack. Helmuth lets fly at them with a usual rant - would they be tempted to justify how they played the hand to him, or would they just sit back with a smile and wait for him to pipe down??
  • edited March 2010
    I look forward to their songs - is it Jazz night or Big Band night?
  • edited March 2010
    Could you ask David, "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"
  • edited March 2010
    Could you ask David why he turned up to Luton SPT in fancy-dress as Captain Jack Harkness?

Captain Jack....

David....

• edited March 2010
    Ask David to sing the answer to Machka's question - I've heard it's worth a listen
  • edited March 2010
     My question to the 3 lads is this....

It is the cash bubble in the main event at the WSOP and you are dealt AA on the button. It is folded around to you and the big blind is the current chip leader. there are at least half a dozen players left in with shorter stacks than yourself. What is your next move?

BTW, it was a pleasure to meet all 3 of you at Luton last weekend and I wish you all the best of luck in Total Player and whatever the future holds for you all
  • edited March 2010
    my questions

1. who would you want to win total player if you do not win, and why? 

2. who is the better player, you, or your mentor? :)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: A very special edition of Total Player tonight........:
    BUMP
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    10 mins to go.....are questions going to get asked then?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: A very special edition of Total Player tonight........ : 10 mins to go.....are questions going to get asked then?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    not all of them then! I thought my question was quite a good one but not for the 1st time sky poker has discounted my contribution to these kind of threads. So that will be my last.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: A very special edition of Total Player tonight........ : not all of them then! I thought my question was quite a good one but not for the 1st time sky poker has discounted my contribution to these kind of threads. So that will be my last.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi MAX,

Please don't read anything into that - we ran out of time, & that's all there was to it! I'm really sorry, but if you noticed, we were getting faster & faster at the end, as time just caught up with us.
  • edited March 2010

Hi Max,

I was thinking about this over the weekend, as I could sense your disappointment.

So I'm going to Post your question on the TP thread, then write to the 3 TP-ers & bring it to their attention - so you might yet get an answer to what was, I agree, a most intriguing & well thought-out question, & it'd be a shame to waste it.
  • edited March 2010
    Hi Max, I was thinking about this over the weekend, as I could sense your disappointment. Si I'm going to Post your question on the TP thread, then write to the 3 TP-ers & bring it to their attention - so you might yet get an answer to what was, I agree, a most intriguing & well thought-out question, & it'd be a shame to waste it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you Tikay. Yes, I was very disappointed to be honest as I posted my question before the show started, and after Sky Ling had bumped this thread which seemed to be a request for more questions, I thought mine would of been asked. Instead, a post AFTER mine with TWO questions in it was used. Ok, fair enough they were excellent questions and I do understand the complexities of timings etc etc in producing a live show but I did feel let down, which was not for the 1st time by sky poker team, hence my post. I look forward to the response off the TP- ers now.

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: A very special edition of Total Player tonight........ : Thank you Tikay. Yes, I was very disappointed to be honest as I posted my question before the show started, and after Sky Ling had bumped this thread which seemed to be a request for more questions, I thought mine would of been asked. Instead, a post AFTER mine with TWO questions in it was used. Ok, fair enough they were excellent questions and I do understand the complexities of timings etc etc in producing a live show but I did feel let down, which was not for the 1st time by sky poker team, hence my post. I look forward to the response off the TP- ers now.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I think you are being a tad harsh on the Producer & Presenter there to be honest Max.

They do try to read as many e-Mails as possible, some nights we run out of e-Mails, some nights we run out of time.

The Producer has to make the "call", & on Saturday, the situation was that with the three lads in the Studio, it was going extraordinarily well, a little bit of unforgettable TV magic was being made, & the feedback from viewers has been overewhelmingly positive.

So the Producer had to make a decision "on the hoof", & what happened is that we spent far longer talking to the lads, who were dispensing, I thought, some right pearls of wisdom for those who were watching. And that, in turn, meant that instead of the scheduled 20 minutes on e-Mails, we only had 7 minutes. It was Rich's job to get through as many as he could in that 7 minutes, & he had an unenviable task in trying to sift the "right" 3 or 4 questions from 15 or 20 he had on his clipboard.

Given all that, I think "let down" is, as I said, a little harsh. They never promised to read all e-Mails, but they do try. I know that both Ling & Richard will be disappointed that you feel you were let down by them/us.

I have copied the question onto the TP Threads, & written to all three lads bringing it to their attention, & 2 of them have replied already. I'm not sure what more we could do, but I am sorry if you feel we let you down.
  • edited March 2010

All three TRP-ers have now replied on the TP Thread.

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: A very special edition of Total Player tonight........ : I think you are being a tad harsh on the Producer & Presenter there to be honest Max. They do try to read as many e-Mails as possible, some nights we run out of e-Mails, some nights we run out of time. The Producer has to make the "call", & on Saturday, the situation was that with the three lads in the Studio, it was going extraordinarily well, a little bit of unforgettable TV magic was being made, & the feedback from viewers has been overewhelmingly positive. So the Producer had to make a decision "on the hoof", & what happened is that we spent far longer talking to the lads, who were dispensing, I thought, some right pearls of wisdom for those who were watching. And that, in turn, meant that instead of the scheduled 20 minutes on e-Mails, we only had 7 minutes. It was Rich's job to get through as many as he could in that 7 minutes, & he had an unenviable task in trying to sift the "right" 3 or 4 questions from 15 or 20 he had on his clipboard. Given all that, I think "let down" is, as I said, a little harsh. They never promised to read all e-Mails, but they do try. I know that both Ling & Richard will be disappointed that you feel you were let down by them/us. I have copied the question onto the TP Threads, & written to all three lads bringing it to their attention, & 2 of them have replied already. I'm not sure what more we could do, but I am sorry if you feel we let you down.
    Posted by Tikay10

David, Ben and Dan have all now answered, thank you.
    Tikay - not once in my post have I criticised the producer, presenter or in fact, the programme in whole. I have actually concurred that it is/would be a difficult task doing this stuff live and DO appreciate the hard work that everyone puts in to bringing a programme like this together for the viewing public. 
    I used the phrase 'let down' in the context of a customer (me) over numerous occasions being 'overlooked' in threads/discussions. This was a general view which I had at the time, albeit a small one. I apologise if it has come over stronger than it was implied.

• edited March 2010

Thank you MAX.

If - IF - you were "let down", & I'm glad you did not quite mean it "as written", it can ONLY be the Producer or Presenter/Analyst, by definition. Nobody else is in that decision-chain. In this instance, the buck stops with Ling, Rich & myself.