You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CURRY

edited March 2010 in The Shed
Maybe u can educate me, whats the difference? haha Im clueless with curries.

Just had one from the chinese, so that gets my vote.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    The good old british curry.

Which is best?
  • edited March 2010
    Edwina ...phwoarrrr
  • edited March 2010
    chinese curry is poooor dohhhh.  So uncultured lol.  I did not vote because jalfrezi was not there.

w.t.f is korma doing there - thats not a curry.  I could feed that to my 1 yr old
  • edited March 2010
    you cant beat a nice chicken tarka, it`s the same as chicken tikka but a little otter,
  • edited March 2010
    LOL, I will enlighten you.

MASALA.......medium strength, thick gravy, tomatoes and lots of spice and chopped coriander.

KORMA.......mild, made with fresh cream and coconut curry sauce. One for the ladies and men who are 'good with colours' or an 'ice skaters friend'.

VINDALOO.......the hot hot hot one. Not much aromatic spice in this curry. You scoff it down when your drunk to impress your mates with all the waiters sniggering at you while you sweat and reach for the jug of water. In the morning your ring looks like a break light or as they say up here 'a Japanese flag'.

ROGAN JOSH........Medium, bit like a masala only thinner sauce and a few more seeds and aromatic spices. Himalayan origin.

BIRYANI.........nice spicy medium strength curry, served with pilau rice.

CHINESE........Normally medium / hot. Different style altogether, always served with rice, never chapattis but bigger chunks or slices of meat and also unlike Indian curry it is available in beef. Makes a nice, occasional change from 'moggie masala' or 'tabby tikka'.

Hope this has been a bit of help with your choice DOHHHHHHH.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: CURRY:
    chinese curry is poooor dohhhh.  So uncultured lol.  I did not vote because jalfrezi was not there. w.t.f is korma doing there - thats not a curry.  I could feed that to my 1 yr old
    Posted by OMahonyO
    I agree about the korma. Please refer to my above post. My favourite curry is a chicken balti, which also isn't in the vote.

Just picked the ones i thought everyone would know the most. Then along came Dohhhhhh. The rest is history lol.
  • edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    Why no phal?
    Posted by Wilhelm
    For some insane reason i couldn't be bothered to type out the entire menu from all the curry restaurants in Britain lol. However, in true take away style i will 'cater' for everyone. 

If none of the curries in the vote are your favourite or you even prefer home-made curries for meat identity reasons please feel free to vote for that. lol.

P.s. Don't you mean Dhal ?
  • edited March 2010
    Chicken Madras FTW!
  • edited March 2010
    wow what a response!

Wel I never ever order in from the Indian, and have never "been for a curry" at a cafe, or resteraunt if you wanna be posh.

I order take-aways all the time, spend stupid amounts of money on em, but Im addicted to beef chow mein n special fried rice!!!

Next time, when I fancy summat different, instead of pizza and kebab, ill order a curry, and refer to this guide before I pick one! Im a wimp with anything hot n spicy, so a mild lamb curry for me!!!
  • edited March 2010
    Biryani is best....mmmmm
  • edited March 2010
    Chicken Madras FTW!
    Posted by ness4
    Madras are very nice and hot but you can't be stuck on them forever. You must upgrade to vindaloo at some point to obtain your 'redring wings' lol.
  • edited March 2010
    Lamb Dopiatza or bhuna  if thats the right spelling
  • edited March 2010
    Chicken tikka masala for me!
  • edited March 2010
    VINDALOO U CANT BEAT IT!!!
  • edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: CURRY : For some insane reason i couldn't be bothered to type out the entire menu from all the curry restaurants in Britain lol. However, in true take away style i will 'cater' for everyone.   If none of the curries in the vote are your favourite or you even prefer home-made curries for meat identity reasons please feel free to vote for that. lol. P.s. Don't you mean Dhal ?
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    Actually, he means Phaal, which is hotter than a Vindaloo!
  • edited March 2010
    Jalfrezi is good. If you want a good starting point Dohhhhhhh, try a Biriyani. Dont go for the Korma is all creamy and sickly.
  • edited March 2010
    Why no phal?
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Ah, somebody with a stronger constitutuion than me (or a death wish, it's a coinflip).
    I had a meat phal once and only once, over 30 years ago. I can remember every waking second of the following morning from when I got up at 7 till 2 in the afternoon with absolute clarity. I have no problems with a vindaloo or two, but do prefer a good jalfrezi or occasionally a keema saag.
  • edited March 2010
    when i was hospital having my hip done at 25yrs old (st thomas - london) could not stand there food so got a takeaway ordered the wrath of khan ?? holly mother who needs enima and needed firer brigade???