You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pre-flop open min raises

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
WHY? WHY? WHY?

Drives me mental.

Comments

• edited July 2009

THE BLIND STRUCTURE OF THE OPEN IS SO FAST ,BY MID TOURNY PLAYERS HAVE AROUND 10 12 BB LEFT ,I THINK ITS JUST A CASE OF NOT GETTING 2 COMMITTED 2 THE HAND.

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Pre-flop open min raises:
    THE BLIND STRUCTURE OF THE OPEN IS SO FAST ,BY MID TOURNY PLAYERS HAVE AROUND 10 12 BB LEFT ,I THINK ITS JUST A CASE OF NOT GETTING 2 COMMITTED 2 THE HAND.
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    I was referring to cash games.

Absolutely pointless play
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Pre-flop open min raises:
    WHY? WHY? WHY? Drives me mental.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Hi Cliokid,
    I know your not going to like this answer, but here goes.
    Its their choice, there is no wrong or right way to play, if thats what they want to do then so be it.
    I take it that you NEVER min raise then ?
    col
  • edited July 2009
    It is funny in those DYM at level 1 (10/20) when everyone calls for a family pot and then the BB min-raises to 40 so everyone has to call again
  • edited July 2009
    its a donk bet for donk players, let them get on with it they no nothing on odds, position blah blah blah it annoys me aswell. i cant even understand it in open or velocity later stages!!! but who am i 2 tell some1 how to play lol
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Pre-flop open min raises:
    In Response to Pre-flop open min raises : Hi Cliokid, I know your not going to like this answer, but here goes. Its their choice, there is no wrong or right way to play, if thats what they want to do then so be it. I take it that you NEVER min raise then ? col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Of course it is.

I would just like an answer on what THEY think it actually achieves.

And you'd be correct, pre-flop i NEVER min raise.