You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how do u rate skypoker???

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
what do yous think of skypoker compared to orther sites i thout it was really good till over a week a go the amount of very bad bets allways wining is truely unreal so what do all yous think????

Comments

• edited July 2009
    You will never get rid of bad beats whether you are live or online, thats just poker unfortunatly!!

Sky is quite behind the times compared to other sites, and does favour quick fast tournaments which doesnt suit me personally, but since this forum has gone up they have listened to the people and made some good changes... Still plenty more to be done IMO but good on them for doing what they have done and keep it up.

The best thing about sky is the community, not a big site so many players know each other and always some good banter.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi odevilcfc,  just to clarify were you meaning "bad Bets" as in inexperienced or "stupid" players calling against the odds and drawing lucky when your playing?
  • edited July 2009
    very true about the bad beats i just cant get over the amount of bingo players you come up agenst . you do have to prasie skypoker for lisning to its players not to many sites do that and you do get good banter .and i will still spend my doe just wish i could win like i did when i first started playing on this site gl to all players apart from the BINGO ONES lol
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: how do u rate skypoker???:
    Hi odevilcfc,  just to clarify were you meaning "bad Bets" as in inexperienced or "stupid" players calling against the odds and drawing lucky when your playing?
    Posted by Purfecttig
    a bit of both m8 the inexperienced ones u can under stand to a point but the stupid ones just cant stand them i will wait till i get a good hand like kk then call them they mite have 10 7 not suited and always win whith a st8 
  • edited July 2009
    Ior her?n Response to Re: how do u rate skypoker???:
    In Response to Re: how do u rate skypoker??? : a bit of both m8 the inexperienced ones u can under stand to a point but the stupid ones just cant stand them i will wait till i get a good hand like kk then call them they mite have 10 7 not suited and always win whith a st8 
    Posted by odevilcfc
    Try playing the new deepstack trny... luck evens itself out there, u can play to the river and still fold without having to shove liek other trnys... proper poker and much better standard
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: how do u rate skypoker??? : a bit of both m8 the inexperienced ones u can under stand to a point but the stupid ones just cant stand them i will wait till i get a good hand like kk then call them they mite have 10 7 not suited and always win whith a st8 
    Posted by odevilcfc

is fustrating, i would rate myself as inexperienced (very) but i find playing the bigger stakes tournys im learning a lot more then the low cash ones as players tend not to care and call or shove with anything cos its not much to lose.  i liking this site though, community is far better as they guys before have said.
  • edited July 2009

i cant compare sky to other poker sites because i haven't played on any other sites, i have only been playing poker for two months and sky was the first site i joined,

but i must say i rate sky poker very highly,the site is easy to use and all the functionality boxes seem to be ticked.i have also noticed that the sky suits do seem to respond to player feedback, of course they cant please all the people all the time, lets face it none of us can, but they do seem to give it a go.

But of course Sky comes into its own with its sense of community, as i have said i am a new player, but i have been made to feel very welcome on the tables and in this forum. i like to play the deepstack tournaments and you seem to run into the same faces, players with a lot more experience than me, not only are they friendly but they also give me tips on my play which i feel has made me a much better player in a short amount of time.i dont think you can ask much more than that..

well maybe lots of free money.........

• edited July 2009
    i cant compare sky to other poker sites because i haven't played on any other sites, i have only been playing poker for two months and sky was the first site i joined, but i must say i rate sky poker very highly,the site is easy to use and all the functionality boxes seem to be ticked.i have also noticed that the sky suits do seem to respond to player feedback, of course they cant please all the people all the time, lets face it none of us can, but they do seem to give it a go. But of course Sky comes into its own with its sense of community, as i have said i am a new player, but i have been made to feel very welcome on the tables and in this forum. i like to play the deepstack tournaments and you seem to run into the same faces, players with a lot more experience than me, not only are they friendly but they also give me tips on my play which i feel has made me a much better player in a short amount of time.i dont think you can ask much more than that.. well maybe lots of free money.........
    Posted by mike1975
    Hi Mike
    Totally agree with the free money LOL
    Seriously though i have played on quite a few other sites but none listen to their community like this site
    It is all e mails and wait for a response
    The staff on this site are brilliant and you can see how much they love the game too, the analysts and presenters are top notch, i learn something every single day
    Rich and Tikay are the best double act on TV, they both live and breath poker, I reackon that if you stopped Tikay working 25hrs a day he`d drop dead
    The site is still young and still evolving, with the community and staff working together it can only get better.
    Gary