You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

wow i must ge god!

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
after an all day drinking session yesterday, eating the most disgusting kebab
i got home and me and a few friends started drinking our way through a crate of stella....
everyone passed out on me, so i thought...
since i'm wearing my invincibility suit, i'l play some poker!!!
great idea, some god like bluffs later i'm no less than £20 up.....
time to up the ante i thought... so to the £1/£2 tables i went
bought myself in for half stack, player to my left has £25 and seems to be going all in nearly every hand!
wow, i must of found the only player more drunk than me!!!
in four hands i got dealt kk qq and aa, and doubled the villain up 3 times!! ( who would of thought 9 10 o/s was such a premium hand!)
my stack £0  villain £200
right thats it i thought, i'm taking all your money now! (my money)
bought myself in for the full £200, a few hand in found myself with a k sooooted
raise, reraise, reraise, all in, call!! have i made a mistake here i thought? i could be in really bad shape against kk....
villain turns over 9 4 o/s...... gotya now..... flop A 10 9, anything but a... anything but a..... anything but a.....
villain £400 me £0
me £0 villain £500
bankroll decimated, bank overdrawn
morale of the story :- invincibility suits are only for superheros
                               dont ever play against someone who doesnt care if they win or lose

Comments

• edited March 2010
      lol my AA got cracked by a guy who was going all in every hand last night by the mighty 9 4 o/s with the flop of 9 4 9....fortuantly for me was only on 5/10p table and i managed to reload and get 2 buy ins off him lol. 9 4 o/s seemed to be a lucky hand last night lol
  • edited March 2010
    That reminds me of what i used to do, go out have 10 pints, come home fairly drunk, start playing poker and lose a fortune, wake up in the morning check my BR, OMG cant beleive i have done it again!!! lol

This went on for several months, most friday & saturday nights, it was like ground hog day!! I have now learnt my lesson tho, if i come home DRUNK now i make sure i go nowhere near the PC :).

Hope you have learnt your lesson fella, before it becomes a very very expensive past time !!
  • edited March 2010

Can definitely relate to the first post here! I did it loads of times. The weird thing is though, at the time, I just logged off, and didnt really feel bothered. Then the feeling you get when you wake up, is horrible. When you realise what you did.

I did 600 in 1 night, a combination of poker and blackjack. In the morning I checked my pockets to see how much id spent in the afternoon gambling and boozing, and I had two £10 notes and abit of change. To put it in perspective, I saw the two tenners and thought to myself, "I've just blown SIXTY of these...." I wanted to cry.

I still play drunk, there's nowt wrong with that, its playing bladdered that's the problem.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: wow i must ge god!:
    I still play drunk, there's nowt wrong with that, its playing bladdered that's the problem.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i agree, i have a few beers while i'm playing sometimes, but last night was just rediculous!!!!!

i blame my wife for going to bed and leaving me to my own devices.....

hangover from hell....empty pockets, nothing worse
  • edited March 2010
    also its weird, i feel really really bad for losing the money, but luckily only a VERY small part of it was "my own" money, it was mainly a bonus that i had been grinding for the last couple of days. still doesnt make me feel any better though lol

i did it once before, lost the rent money after a heavy nights drinking..... was very suicidal the next day.....(didnt matter cause the wife near killed me anyway)

let this be a warning to everyone about drinking and gambling

i think a lot of people have done this at some point
  • edited March 2010

can certainly relate to this post too, one sunday mornin after comin home from the town completly out my face i took it up on myself to sit down on a nl200 heads up cash table with a certain lolufold and after a good start about 350 up i think i then proceeded to give it him all back plus just over £500 of my own money! not completly satisfied there decided to have a crack on this slot machine game on sky vegas and chucked away another 100 odd quid-great stuff! woke up next day gutted obviously all my hard work over the previous weeks grindin on the lower limits wasted! vowed on that day never to play cash drunk again anf fully intend to stick to it no matter how temptin it is! ill have a few beers whilst playin a tourney but cash no way!

• edited March 2010
    Its not the fact that players donk their chips while drunk, its the fact that they go outside their bankroll comfort zone, on higher stake tables, thats the problem, we've all done it
  • edited March 2010
    I always do this and the to top it off go on FULL TILT MODE. Wake up in morning think daaaaaaamn
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: wow i must ge god!:
    can certainly relate to this post too, one sunday mornin after comin home from the town completly out my face i took it up on myself to sit down on a nl200 heads up cash table with a certain lolufold and after a good start about 350 up i think i then proceeded to give it him all back plus just over £500 of my own money! not completly satisfied there decided to have a crack on this slot machine game on sky vegas and chucked away another 100 odd quid-great stuff! woke up next day gutted obviously all my hard work over the previous weeks grindin on the lower limits wasted! vowed on that day never to play cash drunk again anf fully intend to stick to it no matter how temptin it is! ill have a few beers whilst playin a tourney but cash no way!
    Posted by Eagle26
    i often have a few beers when playing live! by the time i get to the final im so drunk that i usually end up with a minor place and a small cash! then when i decide not to drink i bust out early! what do i try next! lol
  • edited March 2010
    i went down the pub on thursday (poker night) thought i would give it a go so paid my £6 entry to an 8 handed tournament.
    barman asks me if i want a drink, of course i do....
    got to heads up, and i announce "if i win i will buy everyone who played at our table a sambuca"
    bearing in mind i had set up a tab and already had 7 or 8 pints
    won the tournament...
    bought the sambucas...
    right time to collect my winnings (£40 in my pocket i thought)
    bar tab - £52

next time i will drink water lol
  • edited March 2010
    sometimes my work takes me out till 4 or 5 in the morn on a sat night. Its always good to play on a cash table when you get in cause even if your playing catch up drink wise with everyone else on the table as you throw the wine/cider/stella back they are already loaded and making the daftest shouts. If im not working though things can be grim on a sat evening when its usually the standard gallon in me and a bottle of red. Wife will tell me im drunk which i deny and my bankroll will half in value
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to wow i must ge god!:
    after an all day drinking session yesterday, eating the most disgusting kebab i got home and me and a few friends started drinking our way through a crate of stella.... everyone passed out on me, so i thought... since i'm wearing my invincibility suit, i'l play some poker!!! great idea, some god like bluffs later i'm no less than £20 up..... time to up the ante i thought... so to the £1/£2 tables i went bought myself in for half stack, player to my left has £25 and seems to be going all in nearly every hand! wow, i must of found the only player more drunk than me!!! in four hands i got dealt kk qq and aa, and doubled the villain up 3 times!! ( who would of thought 9 10 o/s was such a premium hand!) my stack £0  villain £200 right thats it i thought, i'm taking all your money now! (my money) bought myself in for the full £200, a few hand in found myself with a k sooooted raise, reraise, reraise, all in, call!! have i made a mistake here i thought? i could be in really bad shape against kk.... villain turns over 9 4 o/s...... gotya now..... flop A 10 9, anything but a... anything but a..... anything but a..... villain £400 me £0 me £0 villain £500 bankroll decimated, bank overdrawn morale of the story :- invincibility suits are only for superheros                                dont ever play against someone who doesnt care if they win or lose
    Posted by crow01
    Feeling your pain brother

Once bought into a £110.00 sng rather than a £1.10 sng drunk as a sk unk...when you come in from the footie and you have to use one eye to focus playing poker is not the best option :o)

x
  • edited March 2010

"Once bought into a £110.00 sng rather than a £1.10 sng"

I read a book once about poker, by Matt Matros - called, the making of a poker player!!

A good result there, and it could have been the making of youuuuuuuu as a poker player! ;)