You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TILT

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
How do people stay away from tilt?????????/

All advice welcome

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Take a break... go out the room for 5mins or so to re-group...

Ive had an awful run of form this last week, and even changed the way I play... which did me no good at all... lesson learned...!
  • edited July 2009
    Easy stop playing for a day or so....Or the next best thing come play me HU, easy money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2009
    It can be difficult not to go on tilt - especially if you've not long taken up the game. I think most of us, no matter how well disciplined we are go will go off on one from time to time especially if we've had say, three bad beats/suckouts in a row that knock our bankroll sideways and/or out of tourneys etc......

You can and do get angry if you're doing everything right and some numpty pulls the rug from under you with an idiot hand. Do not do anything drastic like hurl the laptop out the bedroom window (if you must, open the bedroom window first - it cuts down on costs!) or, if it's the early hours of the morning rant at the monitor ("how could you call me with that you stupid *+&!!?:@!!!) as you're likely to wake the missus and/or dog and end up getting banished to the garden shed.

Just close the machine down and walk away... come back tomorrow and hopefully everything will be back in perspective.

Eventually when you've been through this a couple of hundred times you'll get like me and be totally philosophical about it, you shrug your shoulders and get on with the next game..... It's cheaper than having to buy a new computer!!
  • edited July 2009
    best advice,,,chill for 10 mins then come back nd be aggresive..if tht dont work call it a day ..gd luck