You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 20TH JULY

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi everyone,

Tonight it's the 5K GTD Bounty Hunter with Richard Orford and Tikay.

This is the official thread for all your comments so make sure you get them in early.

So we have another Poll for tonight's show!!!!

All the posts will be eligable for tonight's prize "Winning at Poker - Essential Hints & Tips".

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Hi gang,

Look how early I'm in the office today, preparing for tonight's show. Now, THAT'S commitment.

What's that you say? I deserve a raise? I couldn't agree more. ;)

Right, get your comments in for this poll, serious and light-hearted. And of course, use this forum to post any questions, comments, stories, shout-outs, birthday greetings, well-wishes, brags, rubdowns, jokes, poems, writs, etc, etc.

I will endeavour as ever to read them all out over the course of tonight's show and all contributors on this thread will go into the hat to win that poker book.

Thanks for posting and good luck!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 20TH JULY:
    Hi gang, Look how early I'm in the office today, preparing for tonight's show. Now, THAT'S commitment. What's that you say? I deserve a raise? I couldn't agree more. ;) Right, get your comments in for this poll, serious and light-hearted. And of course, use this forum to post any questions, comments, stories, shout-outs, birthday greetings, well-wishes, brags, rubdowns, jokes, poems, writs, etc, etc. I will endeavour as ever to read them all out over the course of tonight's show and all contributors on this thread will go into the hat to win that poker book. Thanks for posting and good luck!
    Posted by RichOrford
    Hi Rich,
    Hope your wife didnt hit you to hard on sat/sun when you got home. It was great to see you again, very enjoyable to share a table with you and Ann was impressed you spent so much time talking to the likes of us lol.
    You are a top bloke in my eyes gl mate.
    col
  • edited July 2009
    tk  , i heard your looking for rich . hes fast asleep under the desk as usual . hi rich,just read your blog ,nice work.  ps. i really need to win that poker book.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Guys,
    I voted for the laying down a big hand to see you were behind.
    Why, well i feel that it is always nice to maximise your monsters but in my opinion, you feel a lot better when you dont lose a lot of your chips when you are beaten in a hand, plus it means you spidey sence is working well. great show guys keep it up.
    col.
    ps if i win the book can you give it to a new player as ive got 2 copies already
  • edited July 2009
    Hi gang, Look how early I'm in the office today, preparing for tonight's show. Now, THAT'S commitment. What's that you say? I deserve a raise? I couldn't agree more. ;) Right, get your comments in for this poll, serious and light-hearted. And of course, use this forum to post any questions, comments, stories, shout-outs, birthday greetings, well-wishes, brags, rubdowns, jokes, poems, writs, etc, etc. I will endeavour as ever to read them all out over the course of tonight's show and all contributors on this thread will go into the hat to win that poker book. Thanks for posting and good luck!
    Posted by RichOrford
    Hi tikay, Richard

Wow, nice one, the question is did you beat tikay in ? PAY RISE FOR RICHARD, YOU LISTENIN SOOOOOTS ;)

I think I could pick each and every one from the poll, allthough I would have liked to have been paid yesterday when I called with Kc 6c and the flop went Ac Qc 10c the nut flush, my opponent bet 200 I had to have a serious think, because this was going to be the hardest call in my poker playing life, called of course, the turn card yup Jc ROYAL FLUSH third one I have had, sigh checked down to the end :( still 200 plus the blinds better than nowt.

Cheers guys

Good luck with the show

• edited July 2009
    I voted for laying down a massive hand.

If anything has improved my game since I started last year, it is having learnt to be willing to fold a hand.
  • edited July 2009

I Voted "Other".

I would get most satisfaction from seeing Rich Cash in a SNG at a SPUKT Event.

He has gone 27 of them without a single Cash, after all.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 20TH JULY : Hi tikay, Richard Wow, nice one, the question is did you beat tikay in ? PAY RISE FOR RICHARD, YOU LISTENIN SOOOOOTS ;) I think I could pick each and every one from the poll, allthough I would have liked to have been paid yesterday when I called with Kc 6c and the flop went Ac Qc 10c the nut flush, my opponent bet 200 I had to have a serious think, because this was going to be the hardest call in my poker playing life, called of course, the turn card yup Jc ROYAL FLUSH third one I have had, sigh checked down to the end :( still 200 plus the blinds better than nowt. Cheers guys Good luck with the show
    Posted by acebarry10
    Hi Barry,

Did he beat me in what? It'd be a first.

And no, he did not beat me into the Office. I was here at about 10am todaty. But I poppped out to see a man about a dog, just after lunch, so he thought he'd beat me in.

• edited July 2009
    I Voted "Other". I would get most satisfaction from seeing Rich Cash in a SNG at a SPUKT Event. He has gone 27 of them without a single Cash, after all.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony,
    Thats very wicked but SOOOOO funny.
    col
  • edited July 2009

Plenty of e-Mails tonight, please. I like to see Rich kept busy. It gives him something to do, he's good at reading, & it means I can concentrate on the Expert Summary, without him asking me daft questions. 

PS - I saw Concorde today! She's parked up, behind the BA Maintenance Area at Heathrow. Wonderful.
  • edited July 2009
    I think folding a big hand and seeing your correct gives me most satisfaction. I could email in on behalf of mich orpe as the last time i saw her she asked me to be in charge of the rich orford personal abuse and insults in her absence i need to think of something now lol.
  • FBSFBS
    edited July 2009
    Concorde is a beauty isn't she...

I was at Manchester airport once to pick some on up and was fortunate enough to see her take off .. MAJESTIC..

Oh ..  by t he way i voted for laying down a monster... mainly cos I find it soo very very hard to do
  • edited July 2009
    I think folding a big hand and seeing your correct gives me most satisfaction. I could email in on behalf of mich orpe as the last time i saw her she asked me to be in charge of the rich orford personal abuse and insults in her absence i need to think of something now lol.
    Posted by JAMIEP
    Hardly a tough ask, I'd venture to suggest.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 20TH JULY : Hi Barry, Did he beat me in what? It'd be a first. And no, he did not beat me into the Office. I was here at about 10am todaty. But I poppped out to see a man about a dog, just after lunch, so he thought he'd beat me in.
    Posted by Tikay10
    It was lucky you didn`t trip over his feet sticking out from under the table TK
    He woke at 2.53pm looking at his post
    LOL

I voted for laying down 2 pair on a rubbish board, i told him i thought he had hit a gut shot and i had 2 pairs
    he showed it.

PS. If i am lucky enough to be drawn out can i gift book to pillowman, i have it already
    Gary
  • edited July 2009
    Concorde is a beauty isn't she... I was at Manchester airport once to pick some on up and was fortunate enough to see her take off .. MAJESTIC.. Oh ..  by t he way i voted for laying down a monster... mainly cos I find it soo very very hard to do
    Posted by FBS
    Majestic is the word. What a truly wonderful bit of kit.

I saw the A380 at Heathrow a month or so ago. VERY large, but no charisma, no "between the sheets" appeal. Just big. The 747 is a far better sight.
  • edited July 2009
    PS - I saw Concorde today! She's parked up, behind the BA Maintenance Area at Heathrow. Wonderful.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Get over to the aviation viewing park at Manchester! :-)

• edited July 2009
    I am maintaining a dignified silence in the face of this abuse. A silence which of course, I will break at 9pm.

Tikay just approached me in the office and said "You're getting a bit of grief on that thread Rich."

Producer Alan, who was sitting nearby asked "Which thread?"

To which I answered, in a resigned voice: "Pick a thread, any thread".

Right guys and gals, another producer here: the lovely Ling, aka Sky Ling on the forum, has asked, nay begged, nay DEMANDED that I ask you lot for 'hand requests'.

Asking you for a hand request may be misconstrued(!) so let me explain what I mean...

In tonight's Bounty Hunter (or indeed any game on Sky Poker) if you are part of a hand which you think is of interest then please note the hand I.D. number at the top of the page (or go into the hand history to find it).

Then please post it on the 'Play My Hand Requests' thread under 'Sky Poker TV Channel' on this forum.
    The hand could be anything from a mad all-in fest with 4 pocket pairs, to an example of excellence from a particular player (probably your good self) to querying a play- perhaps asking if you played it correctly.

The hands will then be analysed on the next few editions of The Club by Matt and Dan, which will be recorded this Wednesday.

Cheers!

• edited July 2009
      I voted Other ..  Flopping the   nut top straight ..ie:   KQ  .. board  A J 10   and pre-flop raiser betting into me,                    All-In  !!!!   happy days 

benny
  • edited July 2009
    hi gary ,   really nice gesture,cheers .  but iv got this feeling you really KNOW ,that i need that book. lol.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 20TH JULY : Majestic is the word. What a truly wonderful bit of kit. I saw the A380 at Heathrow a month or so ago. VERY large, but no charisma, no "between the sheets" appeal. Just big. The 747 is a far better sight.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Didnt realise you were into planes as well?..

You should of found time to come to my area of the woods, and come to the Fairford air tatoo, i only live about 3 or 4 miles from there, im sure you have heard of it before
  • edited July 2009
    as many of you know im not a fan of the BH, but i will probs watch the show as the grusome twoseome are hosting it :-D you 2 do a great job... I may even play it if im bored of jut doing the deepstack by 9pm
  • edited July 2009
    Hi all,

I'm looking forward to the show tonight..........but i am also looking forward to a new website that will be up and running soon http://www.richardorford.com/ the main pic is a little scary, the eyes follow you around the room.....

P.S. the pic top left is cool, i never knew you were in showaddywaddy  ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Hi all, I'm looking forward to the show tonight..........but i am also looking forward to a new website that will be up and running soon http://www.richardorford.com/ the main pic is a little scary, the eyes follow you around the room..... P.S. the pic top left is cool, i never knew you were in showaddywaddy  ;)
    Posted by mike1975
    Memo to self- change scary website picture...
  • edited July 2009
    hi gary ,   really nice gesture,cheers .  but iv got this feeling you really KNOW ,that i need that book. lol.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Hi Pill

I thought i`d edited that bit out LOL

Seriously, on the almost defunked Mickjenn thread (no posts for ages) you asked about a good poker book so i knew you were looking
    If you look at last night comp i put 3 in, thought i had a chance.
    All had the same message so hope we get picked this time.
    Regards
    Gary

• edited July 2009
    hi gary , i had remembered your posts . not sure if we will win a poker book tonight but we might get some grief from rich, thats if he hasnt gone for a curry or something and got lost. gl m8.
  • edited July 2009
    Evening gents. Broke up for school holidays today (as I'm a teacher not an underage gambler) and now have 6 weeks to do the following :

Play Sky Poker
    Post on the Sky Poker forum
    Read a poker book (hint hint)
    and do what Rich will also be doing a lot of............... watching Peppa Pig :)
  • edited July 2009
    hey pplz,,  really looking forward to the 5K bounty hunter tonight..  i'll be in my A game mode,,  and hunting some stacks..  ;) 

G.L  all

Lee  ,,

• edited July 2009
    Evening gents. Broke up for school holidays today (as I'm a teacher not an underage gambler) and now have 6 weeks to do the following : Play Sky Poker Post on the Sky Poker forum Read a poker book (hint hint) and do what Rich will also be doing a lot of............... watching Peppa Pig :)
    Posted by phil12uk

Peppa Pig make's me wish i was at a hog roast, i had nothing against peppa, well not the first 1000 times i had to watch the dvd, but i have a two year old boy who loves it.. i wouldnt mind so much but every time daddy pig comes on the screen he points and shouts daddy, then points at me.........not sure what to make of that.
  • edited July 2009
    I absolutely love flopping the nuts and then watching my opponents try to bluff the fact that their top pair is better than say a full house. it isn't long before they are chipping all their money in and i'm laughing all the way to the bank.

QUESTION THOUGH

I heard Ed Giddens talking about the chances of hitting a flush on the flop being something like 152:1

but whats the chances of hitting a straight flush on the flop? got one today which totally shocked me, unfortunately couldn't get my opponents to stick any money in the pot, after checking the flop i put a min raise in on the turn only to see them all fold away ;-(
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: BOUNTY HUNTER - MON 20TH JULY : Hi Barry, Did he beat me in what? It'd be a first. And no, he did not beat me into the Office. I was here at about 10am todaty. But I poppped out to see a man about a dog, just after lunch, so he thought he'd beat me in.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Pretty much as I suspected tikay, so, if Richard deserves a raise tikay deserves a re-raise:)