You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rules on co-ollition

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Excuse my spelling in the title of this thread, however im looking to take up on advice from another member of the forum about Co-ollition.

This happened in the SPT Semi Qualifier on the bubble, although i can accept going out on the bubble (well getting £4.40 back out of my £5 entry fee) its disappointing to go out in circumstances like this.

So heres what happened

The hand i went out on, fair enough he hit on of his 3 outs.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalan
xxxxxxSmall blind  600.00 600.00 17310.00
The_Don90 Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 1360.00
  Your hole cards
  • K

kingkenned Call  1200.00 3000.00 11330.00
bobby786 Call  600.00 3600.00 16710.00
The_Don90 All-in  1360.00 4960.00 0.00
xxxxCall  1360.00 6320.00 9970.00
bobby786 Fold     
The_Don90 Show
  • K

xxxxShow

Flop

• A

Turn

River

xxxxxWin Two Pairs, 9s and 6s 6320.00  16290.00

However heres a hand just two minutes before

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  500.00 500.00 8660.00
xxxxxBig blind  1000.00 1500.00 11530.00
  Your hole cards

oceans0007 Fold     
bobby786 All-in  1600.00 3100.00 0.00
The_Don90 Fold     
xxxxxFold     
bobby786 Muck     
bobby786 Win  3100.00  3100.00
So he'll call my all in of 2x BB with 96 but wont call this other guys effectivley doubling him up. Which allowed him to take my other opponent out.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
yyyyySmall blind  500.00 500.00 6710.00
bobby786 Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 9700.00
  Your hole cards
  • J

The_Don90 Fold     
xxxxFold     
oceans0007 All-in  6710.00 8210.00 0.00
bobby786 Call  6210.00 14420.00 3490.00yyyyy
yyyyyShow
  • Q

bobby786 Show
  • A
  • K

Flop

• A
  • K

Turn

River

• A

bobby786 Win Full House, Aces and Kings 14420.00  17910.00
Again a fair enough hand, but should the 600 been called earlier when the pot odds where there really for any hand to call in the BB would he have got the chance? i dont think so.

Now im not 100% sure on if this would qualify as co-olliotion however both players almost refused to be in a pot with the other. There was no chat in the box from either player, although both me and Oceans agreed the 600 should have been called on the BB after i folded the 10 2.

Comments

• edited March 2010

Im not so sure what the third hand here has to do with anything.....but your exit hand, and the hand where he folded for 600 to win 3,100 is very dodgy.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Rules on co-ollition:
    Im not so sure what the third hand here has to do with anything.....but your exit hand, and the hand where he folded for 600 to win 3,100 is very dodgy.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I showed the other hand as it shows the player who got 3100 for taking the blinds with 1600 taking out my other opponent. Just to really show the entire end of the game folded out, there are other hands but most of them are just scrappy.
  • edited March 2010
    oh jeeez... what's co-ollition btw? i know what collusion, coalition and collision are but not co-ollition, you mean collusion right? I know it looks strange but its most likely that the player that didn't call for like 2BBs is just a donk, it's unlikely to be collusion because it would be difficult to arrange unless they decided to collude when they got on the same table together? Anyway, you don't really see much collusion unless its a dym.
    Report it if you want.
  • edited March 2010
    oh jeeez... what's co-ollition btw? i know what collusion, coalition and collision are but not co-ollition, you mean collusion right? I know it looks strange but its most likely that the player that didn't call for like 2BBs is just a donk, it's unlikely to be collusion because it would be difficult to arrange unless they decided to collude when they got on the same table together? Anyway, you don't really see much collusion unless its a dym. Report it if you want.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Yes thats what i meant my spelling of my rarley used word list is terrible. However as you stated it is strange. Expessially considering, the bet is only 100 over the total starting pot. Now i usually would call myself as SB in this situation but i was so confident BB was calling with stronger than 10 2
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Rules on co-ollition : Yes thats what i meant my spelling of my rarley used word list is terrible. However as you stated it is strange. Expessially considering, the bet is only 100 over the total starting pot. Now i usually would call myself as SB in this situation but i was so confident BB was calling with stronger than 10 2
    Posted by The_Don90
    I used to play a lot of dyms and it happened a load... generally it wern't collusion just some donkey that dont have a clue how to even spell poker. You can tell because if you ask them why they folded or ask them why they bet when the short stack was all in on the bubble they tell you that they will play their game and you play yours... it always made me laugh, they are so clueless...

but if you are worried, use live chat and report it.
  • edited March 2010
    oh jeeez... what's co-ollition btw? i know what collusion, coalition and collision are but not co-ollition, you mean collusion right? I know it looks strange but its most likely that the player that didn't call for like 2BBs is just a donk, it's unlikely to be collusion because it would be difficult to arrange unless they decided to collude when they got on the same table together? Anyway, you don't really see much collusion unless its a dym. Report it if you want.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    you see more collusion in these satellite's than any other game of poker imo
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Rules on co-ollition : I used to play a lot of dyms and it happened a load... generally it wern't collusion just some donkey that dont have a clue how to even spell poker. You can tell because if you ask them why they folded or ask them why they bet when the short stack was all in on the bubble they tell you that they will play their game and you play yours... it always made me laugh, they are so clueless... but if you are worried, use live chat and report it.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Both me and Oceans did ask there was no responce
  • edited March 2010
    report it then!!! live chat, bottom of the page.
  • edited March 2010
    report it then!!! live chat, bottom of the page.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Thanks Blackfish is it a General Query?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Rules on co-ollition : Thanks Blackfish is it a General Query?
    Posted by The_Don90
    i guess... dw about what category too much though, if you are in the wrong place they can easily transfer you to someone in the right department.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Rules on co-ollition : i guess... dw about what category too much though, if you are in the wrong place they can easily transfer you to someone in the right department.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    I have done and they said they will investigate
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Rules on co-ollition : I have done and they said they will investigate
    Posted by The_Don90
    That's all you needed to do.
  • edited March 2010
    Yes it does seem strange play, but at the bubble stage of a satellite odd things do happen. I think it is important not to mistake tactical play for collusion. Often decisions are made for reasons other than hand values and relative chipstacks.
    I see nothing wrong with his call against you,as there was only one player to act after him who would have no reason to get involved.
    I know you as a fairly aggressive player and could put you on a fairly wide range. Does the same apply to the player he refused to make the call against ? Or would he have only made the play with a premium hand?
    You were desperately unlucky though !

• edited March 2010

I mean no ill by this, but if the OP had qualified, despite how others were playing, the thread would not exist. It's results orientated, with due respect.

Just move on, or take it up with Customer Care. As several have suggested, above, in these sort of formats - Super-Sats - the losers always suggest something is amiss.

Collusion is extremely difficult to prove in these formats, too.

Experienced players can & will, without speaking to or even knowing each other, know what the optimal play is, & there is nothing to prevent them playing optimally. Optimal play on the seat bubble of a super-sat is rather more sophisticated than you might think.
  • edited March 2010
    TBH he is prepared to get involved with you as you are short stacked what h is not prepared to do is get involved with the middle stack fair enough at that point ina tourney. Against you he is prepared to go all the way but not against someone with 9k to back them up
  • edited March 2010
    It is still interesting to analyse tactics in these cases. But to grasp it properly you need to see the whole picture.
    The fact that he could have won 3100 chips for 600 by making the call against the other player is not really relevant. He already has a good stack and has no need to get any more. The important thing is to maintain the pressure on the shortstacks on the table, and as you dont know how bad his hand was, its difficult to criticise him for refusing to further increase the chips of one of the shorter stacks.
    He may already have been looking at your situation, where you were very short and had the blinds coming up and seen that as a better opportunity.
  • edited March 2010
    I have often built a stack towards the qualification point then sat out and let the short and mid stacks fight it out. A quick bit of maths tells you when you are through. Getting involved with a mid stack at that point is rather senseless. They are playing to qualify, not win it. The mid-stack wants you out, the big stack isn't fussed who wins it.
  • edited March 2010
    I dont think this is collusion, more of just weak play i guess...

..First hand shown your playing 3 handed, villian limps and you shove for 1bb more from the bb, auto call, bit weak limping with 96s, but figures he may have live cards to your all in..in this case he hasn't but gets lucky.

Second hand he is in the bb and gets shoved on, he may just look at 72 or some rubbish and just thinks its not worth an all in and doesnt think about pot odds in these senarios.

my two pennies worth..
  • edited March 2010
    TBH he is prepared to get involved with you as you are short stacked what h is not prepared to do is get involved with the middle stack fair enough at that point ina tourney. Against you he is prepared to go all the way but not against someone with 9k to back them up
    Posted by aiken2001
    Not wanting really to get involved with this post anymore to be honest. However i will state, if you read the all in of the hand he folded to the bet wasd ALL IN 1600 not anywhere near 9K. Yes i was short stacked when he called me, hed put in 1200 i was 2380. The one he folded hed placed in 1000 and the bet was 1600. Thgere is a bigger differance in the call amount.