You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Omaha on t'telly - TONIGHT.

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

Televised poker breaks new ground TONIGHT with the Matchroom produced "Durrrr Challenge" featuring, for the first time, a pot limit OMAHA cash game. There is very little Tourney Omaha ever shown on TV, & I can't recall ever seeing cash Omaha on TV.

And it gets better - Durrrr is playing none other than the legendary "ZIGMUND"! And bogh plonked $500,000 down as their initial pull-up, cough.

And the Pots get as big as......$500,000......

And the Rail includes Roland, John Duthie, Tony G, etc.

The Blinds were $500-$1,000 to start with, but the two players decided to double them. Then double them again. Then add Live Straddles......

10pm Sky Sports 3 & HD3, repeated at 1am on Sky Sports 4.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Thanks for the Heads up Tikay, I will be Sky-plusing that one.
  • edited March 2010
    good stuff

i appreciate its treading on old ground but as soon as its possible (if it is?) would be great to see some omaha coverage on 865 to increase the traffic omaha wise on here
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Omaha on t'telly - TONIGHT.:
    Televised poker breaks new ground TONIGHT with the Matchroom produced "Durrrr Challenge" featuring, for the first time, a pot limit OMAHA cash game. There is very little Tourney Omaha ever shown on TV, & I can't recall ever seeing cash Omaha on TV. And it gets better - Durrrr is playing none other than the legendary "ZIGMUND"! And bogh plonked $500,000 down as their initial pull-up, cough. And the Pots get as big as......$500,000...... And the Rail includes Roland, John Duthie, Tony G, etc. The Blinds were $500-$1,000 to start with, but the two players decided to double them. Then double them again. Then add Live Straddles...... 10pm Sky Sports 3 & HD3, repeated at 1am on Sky Sports 4.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony,
    If i recall correctly, there was some Omaha shown on Poker Night Live, towards the end of it's life. I know that this was online but still, although i very much doubt there was any of the nosebleed pots that will be on show in this game.
    p.s
    You were very badly missed when you had to return to the studio for the live TP show at Luton.

col
  • edited March 2010
    Omaha?
    Tom Dwan?
    Ziigmund?

Oh yes, get me some popcorn. If you guys want to know how to play heads-up Omaha - and there's a LOT of layers to this game - these two are about the best people to watch, Phil Ivey included.

Lots of aggression, knowing how to play medium strength made hands and bets so thin you'd confused them with me in that shirt wardrobe put me in once upon a time...

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Omaha on t'telly - TONIGHT.:
    In Response to Omaha on t'telly - TONIGHT. : Hi Tony, If i recall correctly, there was some Omaha shown on Poker Night Live, towards the end of it's life. I know that this was online but still, although i very much doubt there was any of the nosebleed pots that will be on show in this game. p.s You were very badly missed when you had to return to the studio for the live TP show at Luton. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    I very much regretted not being able to do it "properly", too, (as opposed to disappearing a few hours in) but it was awkward. TP is so important, & there would be continuity issues if I failed to be present for it. Based on original scheduling, which was planned last Autumn, the dates would not have clashed, but some things moved, these things happen.

My position was awkward, but I resolved it by saying to Sky Poker that I'd do whatever they wished.

I felt bad for Trevor, too, as it was awkward for him, too, going so deep, & then having to do the Final Table commentary, which I gather he did splendidly.

Anyway, for better or worse, normal service will be resumed in Glasgow in May. Oddly, it falls on the day I am due to end my diet, so I'll be binge-eating for England. Or even Scotland.
  • edited March 2010

If you fancy some Omaha fun tonight, with a couple of free entries thrown in, see THIS
  • edited March 2010
    lol 2k-4k blinds... thats sick. shame i cant watch it :(
    it will be uploaded on PTube in a couple days anyway so its all good :D
  • edited March 2010
    Love this series on the durrr challenge.  Great insight in to how a full game is played with not just the usual edited 'exciting' hands that are normally shown for ring games.  Hope this runs and runs!
  • edited March 2010
    Already sky plused this last week so didnt kiss the action can not wait
  • edited March 2010
    It has been awesome to watch how these great players approach nosebleed headsup, i hope it runs again and again year after year
  • edited March 2010
    Hi Tikay, they actually played a bit of Omaha in last weeks episode during the last hands of the game with Marcello (last 50 or so hands from memory). It was very interesting to watch! Tonight's is the start of a new game with Zigmund.