You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sports Fest - Where Poker and Sport meet!

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Well, as close as possible...

I know many of us in the Community are big sports fans. Some of us
(such as yours truly) are also Liverpool fans, but you can't have it all. However, this week does see an amazing line up of sport to have us watering at the chops.

Cheltenham Festival - Kauto Star vs Denman being the highlight. My £2 is going on Kauto, which means Denman is now a shoe-in.
Champions League Football - The Return of the Special One to Stamford Bridge, plus Rooney scoring at least two goals every game from now until the World Cup final, hopefully.
Premier League Darts - Phil Taylor hasn't missed a double since 1993. Allegedly. There is the chap with the mad beard though who is rather handy..
Man United vs Liverpool - This is the one game Rooney doesn't score two goals in and where Mascherano scores a hat-trick in a 5-0 romp. Perhaps.

To celebrate a superb week of sport, we've teamed up with SkyBet to offer some competitions to tie in with each of these events and they start TONIGHT at 9pm.

FESTival Freerolls.
Tonight at 9pm, then three every day from Tuesday to Friday inclusive at 12pm, 6pm and 9pm.
Each of these freerolls has a £100 worth of free bets as the prize pool, so you can prove you poker skills and then put your money where your mouth is!

Champions League Bounty Hunters - Tuesday/Wednesday
We've got a special participant taking part in the £4k Open and £4k Double Stack on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. Sky_Bet will be one of the runners, and he'll be playing with a special bounty on his head. If you knock him out you'll get a £100 free bet!

Premier League Darts - One hundred and eiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighty!
On Thursday the 18th March, everyone who wins hand with a hand ID that ends 180 will be entered into a prize draw. The winner of the draw will get a ticket for themselves and a friend of their choice to the Premier League Darts final in Wembley on the 23rd May.

Man Utd vs Liverpool - Who are the better poker players?

Man Utd vs Liverpool is one of the biggest rivalries in sport with a long and eventful history. But one age old question has never been answered; which fans are the better poker players? Well at Sky Poker we're looking to settle that argument once and for all.

At 7pm on Thursday the 18th March we'll be running two freerolls; one for Man Utd fans and one for Liverpool fans. The top eleven from each of those freeroll will go into another freeroll at 4pm on Sunday the 21st March. There are £170 worth of free bets up for grabs in this freeroll and of course bragging rights for the winning fans so this is not to be missed.

Oh, and for the cheeky chappies out there - you can only enter one of the qualifying freeroll (the Man Utd one or the Liverpool one). Those entering both will be red carded should they qualify for the winners freeroll.

OK, enough information from me. If you need to know any more, keep an eye on this page: Sports Fest - as well as the tournament lobby for the freerolls and tournaments themselves!

Good luck all!

Sky Dave

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Sports Fest - Where Poker and Sport meet!:
    Well, as close as possible... I know many of us in the Community are big sports fans. Some of us (such as yours truly) are also Liverpool fans, but you can't have it all. However, this week does see an amazing line up of sport to have us watering at the chops. Cheltenham Festival - Kauto Star vs Denman being the highlight. My £2 is going on Kauto, which means Denman is now a shoe-in. Champions League Football - The Return of the Special One to Stamford Bridge, plus Rooney scoring at least two goals every game from now until the World Cup final, hopefully. Premier League Darts - Phil Taylor hasn't missed a double since 1993. Allegedly. There is the chap with the mad beard though who is rather handy.. Man United vs Liverpool - This is the one game Rooney doesn't score two goals in and where Mascherano scores a hat-trick in a 5-0 romp. Perhaps. To celebrate a superb week of sport, we've teamed up with SkyBet to offer some competitions to tie in with each of these events and they start TONIGHT at 9pm. FESTival Freerolls. Tonight at 9pm, then three every day from Tuesday to Friday inclusive at 12pm, 6pm and 9pm. Each of these freerolls has a £100 worth of free bets as the prize pool, so you can prove you poker skills and then put your money where your mouth is! Champions League Bounty Hunters - Tuesday/Wednesday We've got a special participant taking part in the £4k Open and £4k Double Stack on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. Sky_Bet will be one of the runners, and he'll be playing with a special bounty on his head. If you knock him out you'll get a £100 free bet! Premier League Darts - One hundred and eiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighty! On Thursday the 18 th March, everyone who wins hand with a hand ID that ends 180 will be entered into a prize draw. The winner of the draw will get a ticket for themselves and a friend of their choice to the Premier League Darts final in Wembley on the 23rd May. Man Utd vs Liverpool - Who are the better poker players? Man Utd vs Liverpool is one of the biggest rivalries in sport with a long and eventful history. But one age old question has never been answered; which fans are the better poker players? Well at Sky Poker we're looking to settle that argument once and for all. At 7pm on Thursday the 18th March we'll be running two freerolls; one for Man Utd fans and one for Liverpool fans. The top eleven from each of those freeroll will go into another freeroll at 4pm on Sunday the 21st March. There are £170 worth of free bets up for grabs in this freeroll and of course bragging rights for the winning fans so this is not to be missed. Oh, and for the cheeky chappies out there - you can only enter one of the qualifying freeroll (the Man Utd one or the Liverpool one). Those entering both will be red carded should they qualify for the winners freeroll. OK, enough information from me. If you need to know any more, keep an eye on this page: Sports Fest - as well as the tournament lobby for the freerolls and tournaments themselves! Good luck all! Sky Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    what if people just enter both to annoy other players and go all in every hand knowing they cant qualify?
  • edited March 2010
    Come on Liverpoooooool!
  • edited March 2010
    scouser till i die......
  • edited March 2010
    Nice one Dave,    I'm IN tonight while  I study the form  for the racing..   :))