You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Freeroll Structure

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi Everyone.

This was posted by Sky Des last week but i have seen a few queries since and think it needs a new discussion to get the message across...

he freerolls are going to be shaken up a bit in light of the feedback received from our players. 

We are going to test the following for a number of weeks and reassess views again at that point.  There is a limited budget available for freerolls; and I don't think we can make everyone happy, but here is what we are proposing:-

Monday - 7pm - £100 freeroll - Poker Points required (50)
Tuesday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50)
Wednesday - 7pm - £250 freeroll (100)
Thursday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50)
Friday - 7pm - £500 freeroll (250)(replacing the exisitng Community freeroll system)
Saturday - 4pm - £100 freeroll (50)
Saturday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50
Sunday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50)
Sunday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50)

hopefully this will be a good way to burn up some of those poker points you have knocking around.

Another quick note to make -  this new structure has replaced the old £20 freerolls you may have seen.

Thanks Guys,

Rich

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Hi Rich

Looks much, much better than before

Has any thought been given to limiting the payouts to, say, top 20 - so that the prizes are pounds not pence?

1st 20%
    2nd 15%
    3rd 10%
    4th 8%
    5th 7%
    6th 6%
    7th 5.5%
    8th 5%
    9th 4.5%
    10th 4%
    11th-15th  2%
    16th-20th 1%

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: New Freeroll Structure:
    Hi Rich Looks much, much better than before Has any thought been given to limiting the payouts to, say, top 20 - so that the prizes are pounds not pence? 1st 20% 2nd 15% 3rd 10% 4th 8% 5th 7% 6th 6% 7th 5.5% 8th 5% 9th 4.5% 10th 4% 11th-15th  2% 16th-20th 1%
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Perfect Structure!!.. and as Rich said, there's only limited  money for these games, and i doubt you'd see many other sites being this generous
  • edited July 2009
    unot wrong no other site gives as much as sky on freerolls but other sites have better rake rewards
  • edited July 2009
    eg. tonight places 21-100 get 15p-60p - is this worth winning?
  • edited July 2009
    sorry to say i dont agree with new structure
    i like many other ppl dont have a lot of funds.
     and i only realy play the double up tables
     i struggle to get 50 points a day
  • edited July 2009
    sorry to say i dont agree with new structure i like many other ppl dont have a lot of funds.  and i only realy play the double up tables  i struggle to get 50 points a day
    Posted by owenz
    you can always play on the free tables
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to New Freeroll Structure:
    Hi Everyone. This was posted by Sky Des last week but i have seen a few queries since and think it needs a new discussion to get the message across... he freerolls are going to be shaken up a bit in light of the feedback received from our players.  We are going to test the following for a number of weeks and reassess views again at that point.  There is a limited budget available for freerolls; and I don't think we can make everyone happy, but here is what we are proposing:- Monday - 7pm - £100 freeroll - Poker Points required (50) Tuesday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50) Wednesday - 7pm - £250 freeroll (100) Thursday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50) Friday - 7pm - £500 freeroll (250)(replacing the exisitng Community freeroll system) Saturday - 4pm - £100 freeroll (50) Saturday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50 Sunday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50) Sunday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50) hopefully this will be a good way to burn up some of those poker points you have knocking around. Another quick note to make -  this new structure has replaced the old £20 freerolls you may have seen. Thanks Guys, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich

so rich is there only going to be 1 freeroll per day?
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to New Freeroll Structure : so rich is there only going to be 1 freeroll per day?
    Posted by imacert
    Hey!

Yes that's right apart from the private freerolls, the ones i have listed will be the only daily freerolls. it's important to note that this is a trail and may not stay forever, however we have taken the majority of feedback from the forums and come up with this new structure. i hope that helps!

Thanks again
    Rich
  • edited July 2009
    sorry to say i dont agree with new structure i like many other ppl dont have a lot of funds.  and i only realy play the double up tables  i struggle to get 50 points a day
    Posted by owenz
    Yeah same here, what buy-in do u play to get 50 points a day btw?
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: New Freeroll Structure : Hey! Yes that's right apart from the private freerolls, the ones i have listed will be the only daily freerolls. it's important to note that this is a trail and may not stay forever, however we have taken the majority of feedback from the forums and come up with this new structure. i hope that helps! Thanks again Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Rich, can you take a look at my original post plz
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: New Freeroll Structure : Rich, can you take a look at my original post plz
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Hey Diablo_pez,

thanks for your suggestion. we will be keeping this structure for the time being but i will make sure that you suggestion is investigated and considered.
    thanks again

Rich
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: New Freeroll Structure : Yeah same here, what buy-in do u play to get 50 points a day btw?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    sorry dudeskin u misunderstood i ment i struggle to get 50 points intotal a day
    and i find it unfair to have to play free tabbles many thnx
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to New Freeroll Structure:
    Hi Everyone. This was posted by Sky Des last week but i have seen a few queries since and think it needs a new discussion to get the message across... he freerolls are going to be shaken up a bit in light of the feedback received from our players.  We are going to test the following for a number of weeks and reassess views again at that point.  There is a limited budget available for freerolls; and I don't think we can make everyone happy, but here is what we are proposing:- Monday - 7pm - £100 freeroll - Poker Points required (50) Tuesday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50) Wednesday - 7pm - £250 freeroll (100) Thursday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50) Friday - 7pm - £500 freeroll (250)(replacing the exisitng Community freeroll system) Saturday - 4pm - £100 freeroll (50) Saturday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50 Sunday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50) Sunday - 7pm - £100 freeroll (50) hopefully this will be a good way to burn up some of those poker points you have knocking around. Another quick note to make -  this new structure has replaced the old £20 freerolls you may have seen. Thanks Guys, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    is it just me or have we just had the 5 freerolls put together and having our only points free game taken of us
  • edited July 2009
    hi, i use to play on a site where you had freerolls everyhour to hour-an half with payouts in the pounds and not pence that should be the way forward
  • edited July 2009
    Bit gutted to be honest, you will never please everybody.
    I miss the midnight freeroll as it's mainly the only one i can enter due to work and family commitments.
    It was always popular 400+ entrants for that time of night, missing it dearly!
  • edited July 2009
    Bit gutted to be honest, you will never please everybody. I miss the midnight freeroll as it's mainly the only one i can enter due to work and family commitments. It was always popular 400+ entrants for that time of night, missing it dearly!
    Posted by stickyj
    ye same here, goin into the earliy morning.