You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I'm back (After my break from the tables and back from Rome from an Audience with the Pope lol! :) )

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Well after needing a longer extended break away from the tables i've decided to make a return to action. I've decided to take things at an easy pace and not go over the top and i played earlier this afternoon a £2.30 Bounty Hunter which had 48 runners and i ended up being bubble boy finishing 6th but i did manage to scrap my way into tonight's £5.5k 8pm BH via one of the satellites which i was happy about and will be even happier to go deep in this.

Also while i've been away i managed to venture off to Rome although that nearly never happened thanks to those lovely people called the Italian Air Traffic Controllers who decided to go on strike which meant my flight was delayed for over 5 hours. Finally i got there and i did promise to Tikay a few weeks ago that i would take a couple of train journeys of which i did one to Pisa which was just beautiful and one from the Airport to my hotel in the Centre of Rome on board the Leonardo Express which is frightfully clean and all the train guards on board all look like skinnier versions of Danny Devito with really fiery tempers if you cross them like i did by accident lol!  (Like to point out i am NOT a Trainspotter but travelling on Trains outside of the UK especially in places like Italy and Austria is just superb!)

Also made a pilgrimage to Vatican Square on Sunday Morning to watch an Audience with the Pope mixed with several mass protests against Prime Minister Silvio Berlosconi which nearly kicked off into a real riot so after the Pope did his Sunday Sermon, i made a swift exit but all in all it was a really lovely albeit very expensive few days in the Italian Capital!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Welcome back m8
  • edited March 2010
    Welcome back mate, hope to see you on an spt final table again!
  • edited March 2010
    Cheers Phil and Dan

Many congrats Phil on your 2 massive Primo results. I logged in last night when i got back from the Airport as i had some hunch you would go mega deep AGAIN and i was right.

To Dan, First of all may i say many congratulations to you Sir aswell as Young Master Nuttall and Sparce on all making the final 3 of Total Player. I cast my vote while in an internet cafe in Rome on Saturday Afternoon  and obviously i'm not saying who i have voted for because that would be unfair but i have to say many thanks for making it such an easy decision - NOT!!. I simply could not make a unaminous decision so i asked the owner of the internet cafe to pick a number between 1 and 3 as for me it's just too close to call but i will say this your all proven winners, all possess that "winning mentality" which is what you need in any competitive event and i can't wait for Richard Orford to do his best Dermot O'Leary impression when he announces the winner on Saturday Night lol!.

Regarding the Sky Poker Tour, it would be fantastic to go up against you again on a final table (Nottingham would be nice should i qualify of course! :) ) but my game at the moment needs a thorough kick up the back side before i can't start contemplating any thoughts of getting on any big final table again.

Am seriously toying with the idea of doing one or maybe two of the APAT events at DTD in August which happens at the same time Notts play my beloved Lancashire in the cricket so i've got quite a few good reasons to be in Nottingham that week lol! :).

Anyway all the very best to yourself,Ben and David and may the best man win!

Craig
    (aka:OnlyOneCT)
  • edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    hi craig, i flew out of rome this afternoon, missed my bloody flight cos sicilian air workers are lazy and slow!!!!!!!!

see you in glasgow
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I'm back (After my break from the tables and back from Rome from an Audience with the Pope lol! :) ):
    hi craig, i flew out of rome this afternoon, missed my bloody flight cos sicilian air workers are lazy and slow!!!!!!!! see you in glasgow
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Hi David,

I was about 45 seconds away from missing my flight yesterday evening as there was only one (excuse the pun!) check-in desk open and the computers broke down. Italian Airport Workers doesn't matter whether it's customs,check-in, even those who work at a certain fast-food restaurant at Rome Fiumicino Airport simply do not care less and if your English they snigger or sneer at you!.

Sadly i won't be in Glasgow as i'll be on the South Coast watching the cricket but hope to see you at Nottingham all being well!
  • edited March 2010
    Nice to have you back m8
  • edited March 2010
    well i got to sit out in the sun for an extra 2-3 hours lol and the BA staff were great getting me onto connecting flights, but soooooooooooo true about all italian airport-workers, any more laidback they'd be horizontal.

if im not offshore, i'll buy-in direct for Nottingham.

off to bed in mo, left augusta in sicily at 8am after a 12hr nightshift..........good poker practise lol