You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anyone fancy an Omaha Challenge?

2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    disqualification probably canelled ............. plopped in second round    bigshanns a fish
  • edited March 2010

The 8.15 is well underway.

Mabby - 30 (+ 7) = FINAL SCORE 37.

Mrs-Uber-Rock 18 (+ 14) = 32

MereDonkey - 15 (+ 15) = 30. Wins the consistency award.

Elsawoof - 17 (+ 5) = 22

Aggie - 19 (+ 1) = FINAL SCORE 20.

The rest still in.

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy an Omaha Challenge?:
    disqualification probably canelled ............. plopped in second round    bigshanns a fish
    Posted by elsadog
    Correct. Having reviewed your results - sorry, offence - I have reinstated you.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy an Omaha Challenge? : Correct. Having reviewed your results - sorry, offence - I have reinstated you.
    Posted by tikay1
    Hmmmmm ...... thought you might
  • edited March 2010

Mabby - 30 (+ 7) = 37.

Elsawoof - 17 (+ 5) = 22

Aggie - 19 (+ 1) = 20.

spartan3 - 11 (+ 3) = 14.
  • edited March 2010

It's now between spartan, Shanny & me.

I'm in super-klingon mode, with over 2 x BB.

Shanny is chip daddy, & brings forward 12 points from Leg 1, I carry 6 forward, & spartan is in the clubhouse with 14.

7 left in the 8.15.

• edited March 2010

Whoops, I clean forgot Solack, who finished EIGHTH in Event 2. I believe he ended up well down the field in the first, so I plan to disqualify him on a technicality, otherwise it mucks up the thread.
  • edited March 2010

Solack - score awaited.

Mabby - 30 (+ 7) = 37.

Elsawoof - 17 (+ 5) = 22

Aggie - 19 (+ 1) = 20.

tikay1 - 7 (+ 6) = 13
  • edited March 2010

lol...been keeping on eye on you tikay, you've been keeping out of the way!  I was just doing the maths when a promising hand came along and BANG out in 11th so 14 points total.  pipped by one with bigshann still looking good.  Enjoyed the extra spice, great idea.

• edited March 2010

Solack reinstated after reviewing his results.

Mabby - 30 (+ 7) = 37.

Elsawoof - 17 (+ 5) = 22

solack 8 (+ 14) = 22

Aggie - 19 (+ 1) = 20.

tikay1 - 7 (+ 6) = 13
  • edited March 2010
    lol...been keeping on eye on you tikay, you've been keeping out of the way!  I was just doing the maths when a promising hand came along and BANG out in 11th so 14 points total.  pipped by one with bigshann still looking good.  Enjoyed the extra spice, great idea.
    Posted by Spartan3
    Me too - if there is any enthusiasm for the idea, we'll repeat it tomorrow, & try to add some bells & whistles to do it better.
  • edited March 2010

Shanny needs to win it - (5 left, he's 2nd) to earn a dead-heat with me. If he finishes 2nd or lower in the 8.15, guess who wins........

I now need to review my contingency rules in the event of a dead-heat. It might be reverse alphabetical.
  • edited March 2010

there's also the "employees of sky are no elibible" rule too .... desperate last attempt!

• edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    there's also the "employees of sky are no elibible" rule too .... desperate last attempt!
    Posted by Spartan3
    Pah, I never thought of that.

Oh wait - I played on my private account.

Objection.......OVER-RULED. (I've referred it to the Rules Committee, & I concurred).
  • edited March 2010

FINAL RESULT

Mabby - 30 (+ 7) = 37.

Elsawoof - 17 (+ 5) = 22

solack 8 (+ 14) = 22

Aggie - 19 (+ 1) = 20.

Shanny - 1 (+ 12) = 13 - very well done on winning the 8.15.

tikay1 - 7 (+ 6) = 13
  • edited March 2010
    I enjoyed this tonight - grt fun.  I have not played omaha for a while now and forgot how much more interesting it is than nlhe.
    Well I managed to luck my way to winning the 8:15pm -tbh I don't think I could of lost -every hand held up and I hit draws when needed.

Look forward to it tomorrow. 

The last longer thread certainly adds to the whole experience- great work again tk.
  • edited March 2010
    ever get the feeling you've been done
  • edited March 2010
    ever get the feeling you've been done
    Posted by elsadog

Thank you, it was what I set out to achieve.
  • edited March 2010
    I enjoyed this tonight - grt fun.  I have not played omaha for a while now and forgot how much more interesting it is than nlhe. Well I managed to luck my way to winning the 8:15pm -tbh I don't think I could of lost -every hand held up and I hit draws when needed. Look forward to it tomorrow.  The last longer thread certainly adds to the whole experience- great work again tk.
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    Thanks Shanny, how much fun was that?

Now we have to decide who won!

How's about we just leave the Prize, & run it again tomorrow, with the same prize - Entries into the same two Tourneys on Wednesday? That gives me time to see if I can get round Sky Poker to pay for them. Rather them than me, if you get my drift......
    and saves me "ruling" who won it tonight. (Which the Rules Committee would have to decide).

And I can rev the Comp up during the day tomorrow, & we might get a few more runners.

What you reckon Shanny?
  • edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    I won tonight - Ruling committee not needed !

Looked fun may be a fish tomorrow and play 
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy an Omaha Challenge? : Thanks Shanny, how much fun was that? Now we have to decide who won! How's about we just leave the Prize, & run it again tomorrow, with the same prize - Entries into the same two Tourneys on Wednesday? That gives me time to see if I can get round Sky Poker to pay for them. Rather them than me, if you get my drift...... and saves me "ruling" who won it tonight. (Which the Rules Committee would have to decide). And I can rev the Comp up during the day tomorrow, & we might get a few more runners. What you reckon Shanny?
    Posted by tikay1

Fine by me chief
  • edited March 2010
    I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll go again.

It was great fun ........... Roll up!  Roll up!      Get your names down for this one.
  • edited March 2010
    Great fun despite the result and I'll be up for another bash tomorrow assuming that I'm awake.
    Did I tell anyone how I went out of the second event?

Well, I had ....

<clunk>
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Anyone fancy an Omaha Challenge? : Fine by me chief
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    Thanks Shanny, that's very kind of you - I'll set it up on a new Thread later this morning.