You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheltenham Festival Free-rolls

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
 A  big well done to SkyPoker ..

Freerolls to  win Cheltenham free-bets as well as other  sporting events this week.

As most of you  know I'm,  first  a greyhound man , second  a National  Hunt horse racing fan and third  a poker player (of dubious ability sometimes)   ...
So as  I see it  this  weeks free-rolls can get you  some nice cash ,  get  in the top 10 of  the tournaments to  win  a free bet  at the Cheltenham Festival.

Ive already done a few horses 'ante post'  for this meeting,
(can be seen in Bennys X files thread)  ..
So get in the top  10  tonight and throughout the week and enjoy a free bet on the finest weeks racing in the whole  world  starting tomorrow (Tuesday)

Sky Dave has done a great thread about these and other  free-rolls in this 
"General Poker Chat" thread...link here

Sports Fest - Where Poker and Sport meet! 

Nice  one Dave

and well done Skypoker .. Credit where  credits  due !!

(lol and No,   before anyone says.. I wasn't bribed to  write this post) 

:))

)

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Another fiasco?

Cheltenham £100 prize pool = 50 points to enter

12K BH Thur £105 prizepool = 25 points to enter 
  • edited March 2010
    I agree Loony

I thought FREErolls were free not cost 50 points, did not read the small print again huh

Gary
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Cheltenham Festival Free-rolls:
     A  big well done to SkyPoker .. Freerolls to  win Cheltenham free-bets as well as other  sporting events this week. As most of you  know I'm,  first  a greyhound man , second  a National  Hunt horse racing fan and third  a poker player (of dubious ability sometimes)   ... So as  I see it  this  weeks free-rolls can get you  some nice cash ,  get  in the top 10 of  the tournaments to  win  a free bet  at the Cheltenham Festival. Ive already done a few horses 'ante post'  for this meeting, (can be seen in Bennys X files thread)  .. So get in the top  10  tonight and throughout the week and enjoy a free bet on the finest weeks racing in the whole  world  starting tomorrow (Tuesday) Sky Dave has done a great thread about these and other  free-rolls in this  "General Poker Chat" thread...link here Sports Fest - Where Poker and Sport meet!   Nice  one Dave and well done Skypoker .. Credit where  credits  due !! (lol and No,   before anyone says.. I wasn't bribed to  write this post)     :)) )
    Posted by bennydip2
     n1 benny !
  • edited March 2010
    sorry benny i dont agree with this mate, they are charging 50 points to enter lol

so they are not actually doing anything for us are they?

if it was free to enter than fair enough but imo its just another letdown
  • edited March 2010

Is there any other way to use yr points? (or are they pointless points other than 'freerolls')

• edited March 2010
    prize money in this is a joke, just crashed out in 32nd, 50 points to enter a freeroll and 100 in free bets are the prizes, the lucky winners then will think they have won they haven't actually won anything at all!!!!

the winner gets a £25 free bet and i would bet a pound to a penny that the free bet winnings excludes free bet stake, cant believe so many have been taken in by this thinking they are doing something for the community, basically all they are doing is getting their points back off us lol
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Cheltenham Festival Free-rolls:
     A  big well done to SkyPoker .. Freerolls to  win Cheltenham free-bets as well as other  sporting events this week. As most of you  know I'm,  first  a greyhound man , second  a National  Hunt horse racing fan and third  a poker player (of dubious ability sometimes)   ... So as  I see it  this  weeks free-rolls can get you  some nice cash ,  get  in the top 10 of  the tournaments to  win  a free bet  at the Cheltenham Festival. Ive already done a few horses 'ante post'  for this meeting, (can be seen in Bennys X files thread)  .. So get in the top  10  tonight and throughout the week and enjoy a free bet on the finest weeks racing in the whole  world  starting tomorrow (Tuesday) Sky Dave has done a great thread about these and other  free-rolls in this  "General Poker Chat" thread...link here Sports Fest - Where Poker and Sport meet!   Nice  one Dave and well done Skypoker .. Credit where  credits  due !! (lol and No,   before anyone says.. I wasn't bribed to  write this post)     :)) )
    Posted by bennydip2
    Can you point me in the direction of yr previous x files thread benny ...... could do with a few tips for tomorrow.  Riverside Theatre is my only only fancy
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival Free-rolls:
    prize money in this is a joke, just crashed out in 32nd, 50 points to enter a freeroll and 100 in free bets are the prizes, the lucky winners then will think they have won they haven't actually won anything at all!!!! the winner gets a £25 free bet and i would bet a pound to a penny that the free bet winnings excludes free bet stake, cant believe so many have been taken in by this thinking they are doing something for the community, basically all they are doing is getting their points back off us lol
    Posted by webby234
    Well webby me ol mate,  I have to  say, i always read  your posts and 99% of the time I agree with you  and to  an extent  your right  here,    BUT..  I think in this case the stake will be included in the bet.. because the winnings  are owned by the player  from this tournament.. it is the players money  to  back whatever horse they wish and get  full  return +stake ......I agree with you  if it were  excluded but it cant  be because  its the players money  now  !! 
    And to  be fair,  I still think  it's a good  gesture to bring in this sporting event  for           "All  the players here on Skypoker .!!.....  

( If  you see an innuendo  in that then there is)   :))  glk  mate and love the threads ..
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Cheltenham Festival Free-rolls : Can you point me in the direction of yr previous x files thread benny ...... could do with a few tips for tomorrow.  Riverside Theatre is my only only fancy
    Posted by Spartan3

click on community ..  down the left  hand side  look for .

Bennydip2 x Files (The truth is out there)  ...last  page is my fancys for Cheltenham .. 
    and your choice IMO has a fair e/w chance  glk   us all ..   :))
  • edited March 2010
    Irishrover got 4th  WD
  • edited March 2010
    Irishrover got 4th  WD
    Posted by loonytoons
     Great result .. well  done IRISH    :))
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival Free-rolls :  Great result .. well  done IRISH    :))
    Posted by bennydip2
     benny i told the guys that cashed,

in the freeroll to check out your tips .

now i am a each way grinder ,

tell me where to put the tenner free bet i won please !
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival Free-rolls :   benny i told the guys that cashed, in the freeroll to check out your tips . now i am a each way grinder , tell me where to put the tenner free bet i won !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Love it well done Irish ...  Well Ive taken SKYBET  special in the first  race Best Of British Get Me Out Of Here 10/11    (Get Me Out Of Here  AP McCoy) Not only do I think he'll run the fav (Irish Horse) close, this seems a mistake by SKYbet , for many reasons Ive had a nice bet  on that..   However I was at Sandown Park Saturday, and TV's Racing girl Tanya Stevenson reckons Character  Building is a great e/w bet for the 3rd race tomorrow (The William Hill Chase) so Ive had a small e/w myself .. (around 10/1 ish) good luck us  and well done tonight
  • edited March 2010
    do they actually credit your account with the free bet or put the money in rover?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Festival Free-rolls : Love it well done Irish ...  Well Ive taken SKYBET  special in the first  race Best Of British Get Me Out Of Here   10/11     (Get Me Out Of Here  AP McCoy) Not only do I think he'll run the fav (Irish Horse) close, this seems a mistake by SKYbet , for many reasons Ive had a nice bet  on that..   However I was at Sandown Park Saturday, and TV's Racing girl Tanya Stevenson reckons Character  Building is a great e/w bet for the 3rd race tomorrow (The William Hill Chase) so Ive had a small e/w myself .. (around 10/1 ish) good luck us  and well done tonight
    Posted by bennydip2
    n1 benny ty gl !
  • edited March 2010
    do they actually credit your account with the free bet or put the money in rover?
    Posted by webby234
    not quiet sure to be honest ,

nothing in yet !
  • edited March 2010
    rover can you confirm if it was a free bet that excluded the stake if it won or would you have got the lot?
  • edited March 2010
    rover can you confirm if it was a free bet that excluded the stake if it won or would you have got the lot?
    Posted by webby234
     it says freebet in my account ,

no other info on it  soz .
  • edited March 2010

What have u put it on Irish??? - I got the racing on.....
  • edited March 2010
     i use that free bet 2morrow ,

but i have put 2 euro lol ew on character building runs  @ 2.40 cheltenham today ,

a bennydip tip . 

i must go back hunting [ work ] for food now ,

the chicks are hungry,

talk later m8y
    !
  • edited March 2010
    so its a freebet in your account? sounds like your not gonna get the value of the free bet back if your selection does win, so the 50 points sky charge for the freeroll is just basically a big massive scam!!!
  • edited March 2010
     i use that free bet 2morrow , but i have put 2 euro lol ew on character building runs  @ 2.40 cheltenham today , a bennydip tip .  i must go back hunting [ work ] for food now , the chicks are hungry, talk later m8y !
    Posted by IRISHROVER

NOOOO  IRISH  ...That was the tip  I got from Tanya Stevenson, I did the same as you, a small e/w  but I did get  out in the last  with Quavago (Ruby Walsh) 

SO  Wednesday and Thurseday  I'm OFF  there to  Cheltenham , when the real racing and fun starts, and the bet  of the meeting runs Wednesday ..(famous  last  words) 

I'll post  my picks later, very busy just  now getting ready  for  the trip to ..
     "The Greatest  Show On Earth"     :)