You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Midweek Footy Betting

edited March 2010 in The Shed
You'd expect Liverpool to win tonight but i've stuck a small blind on Draw/Portsmouth in the HT/FT market.  1st reason is we're pants, 2nd is we've never won a Monday evening game since Rafa's been in charge and 3rd reason is Avram Grant has never seen one of his sides lose against us.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    See above for concrete evidence that when i stick a bet on the outcome is completely different.
  • edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    ffs Liverpool were 15/8 (-2)
  • edited March 2010
    I looked at that yesterday but knowing how Liverpool have a habit of letting me down this season I decided to stay well away.

Had a quick look through tomorrow's games. Not sure if I'll go for anything yet as the majority are really close calls. 
  • edited March 2010

Im Only doing a five pound treble due to some tough games, its a outsider but worth a shot..

Ipswich at 7/4 away to watford who have not won in ages. Also watford lost at home to bottom team peterborough weekend....

WBA at 7/4 away to swansea, I support wba an have to say i am quitely confident we can get a win here, swansea dont score many goals at all, only 31 all season and with the baggies scoring loads i can see this being a wba victory, or a 0-0 lol.

Southampton at 8/11 at home to swindon, if southampton can beat leeds at home, this is a banker.

The treble pays 12/1.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Midweek Footy Betting:
    Im Only doing a five pound treble due to some tough games, its a outsider but worth a shot.. Ipswich at 7/4 away to watford who have not won in ages. Also watford lost at home to bottom team peterborough weekend.... WBA at 7/4 away to swansea, I support wba an have to say i am quitely confident we can get a win here, swansea dont score many goals at all, only 31 all season and with the baggies scoring loads i can see this being a wba victory, or a 0-0 lol. Southampton at 8/11 at home to swindon, if southampton can beat leeds at home, this is a banker. The treble pays 12/1.
    Posted by Rhodesey88
    cant see swansea losing!!! they dont score many, but dont concede either. they take control of the game and keep posession good.. 1 nil swansea
  • edited March 2010

5 x 4folds
    1. Plymouth v Bristol City Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
    2. Brighton v Brentford Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
    3. Crystal Palace v Leicester Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/13
    4. Swansea v West Brom Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/13
    5. Wigan v Aston Villa Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/13

acca
    1. Acc. Stanley v Rotherham Both teams to score @ 5/6
    2. Peterborough v Doncaster Both teams to score @ 5/6
    3. Derby v Middlesbro' Both teams to score @ 5/6
    4. Coventry v Cardiff Both teams to score @ 5/6

£1 acca on all nine.

Be lucky

• edited March 2010
    Small accumulator

Villa,Preston,Forest and Stirling
  • edited March 2010
    Here's acca number 1:

Chelsea
    Sevilla
    Aston Villa
    Preston
    Stevenage
    Barcelona
    Bordeaux
    Newcastle

Pays 31/1

Good luck everyone.
  • edited March 2010

Heres my accum for tonight

Aston Villa
    Preston
    West Brom
    Southampton
    Ipswich

this pays 54/1  hope my lucks in tonight for once! 

quick question - does anyone know if you have to be using the site to be in with a chance of receiving a free bet during the sports fest? for instance would we all have to place a bet today to be able to win the free bet tomorrow morning? or can anyone who is a member get it regardless of if they have placed any bets this week?

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Oh yh I have also stuck a few quid on Inter to win at 5/1 and also Inter to qualify. Got a strong feeling Jose will want to show us all he is still the special one!

• edited March 2010

Only having a double tonight, lost £70 on the horses just trying to win that back, had a £30 double on

Villa 11/10
    Sheff Utd 6/5

Pays 138.60

• edited March 2010
    aston vill 6/5 ur not goin to win easier money honestly 4 0 villa. I cant see wigan even haven a shot on target.
    sorry wigan fans
  • edited March 2010
    aston vill 6/5 ur not goin to win easier money honestly 4 0 villa. I cant see wigan even haven a shot on target. sorry wigan fans
    Posted by flushando
    Hope you're right mate. Villa owe me after losing 2-0 to Wigan at Villa Park at the start of the season. What a shock that was.
  • edited March 2010

In Response to Re: Midweek Footy Betting : Hope you're right mate. Villa owe me after losing 2-0 to Wigan at Villa Park at the start of the season. What a shock that was.
    Posted by Quagmire72

ha ha i hope they win to had a nice little bet on them if they lose or draw great result for liverpool win win ha

• edited March 2010
    Here's my draw acca:

The Dingles v Forest
    Peterborough v Doncaster
    Swansea v West Brom
    Stockport v Oldham
    Accrington v Rotherham

Pays 421/1!

Real longshot but if it comes in the milkybars are on me and maybes a trip to The Shadow Lounge in Weston-super-Mare. ;-)
  • edited March 2010
    I gave in & had a small dabble in the end (knew I would really!)

Preston to beat Sheff Weds
    West Brom to beat Swansea
    Southampton to beat Swindon
    Chelsea to beat Inter
    Sevilla to beat CSKA

Returns 22/1 so had £2 on it.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Midweek Footy Betting : cant see swansea losing!!! they dont score many, but dont concede either. they take control of the game and keep posession good.. 1 nil swansea
    Posted by daz231023
    I know my football team better then u mate! :) 2-0 to the baggies!
  • edited March 2010
    good to see I've got something right tonight. earnt some nice winnings thanks to Inter

5/1 was too good to refuse!
  • edited March 2010
    Only having a double tonight, lost £70 on the horses just trying to win that back, had a £30 double on Villa 11/10 Sheff Utd 6/5 Pays 138.60
    Posted by 35suited
    whoop whoop finaly get a winning bet
  • edited March 2010
    Nice to read about some collections for a change. WELL DONE
  • edited March 2010
    Thats more like it, my £5 acca came in and my £25 single cover bet so my account has jumped from 8p to £96.95.

Same again at the weekend please.
  • edited March 2010
    yay seems a few did alright tonight, who said it was a toguht night of fixtures???? just a shame i lost £70 on the horses and only left with 30 profit still a wins a win and tomorrow will be my day on the horses
  • edited March 2010
    Syncronised looks a good bet tomorrow at 7-1 at cheltenham
  • edited March 2010
    Syncronised looks a good bet tomorrow at 7-1 at cheltenham
    Posted by Rhodesey88
    Glad you think so cus ive backed it @ 15/2 :)
  • edited March 2010
    Well done to anyone who got a win tonight. I wasn't so lucky, no milkybars or Shadow Lounge for me. :-(

I'll win some coin tomorrow though, i can feel it. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    Ok chasing a loss on the horses again so heres tonights winning bet, had £25 on it

Bordeaux 8/15
    Newcastle 3/10
    Barcelona 2/9
    Dundee Evens

Good luck to anyone else having a bet
  • edited March 2010
    Ok chasing a loss on the horses again so heres tonights winning bet, had £25 on it Bordeaux 8/15 Newcastle 3/10 Barcelona 2/9 Dundee Evens Good luck to anyone else having a bet
    Posted by 35suited
    Similar bet to mine really. The only difference is I've missed off Dundee. I just had a funny feeling about that game finishing a draw. The other 3 are paying 7/5 though so not too bad.
  • edited March 2010
    yeah i wouldnt have bet them normaly, just needed to boost it up to get the money back i lost on the horses today
  • edited March 2010
    well after 15 minutes they are all winning, except dundee lol
  • edited March 2010
    1-1 at Ayr now.

Must admit, I was really tempted by the handicap betting for the Barca & Newcastle games. Barca were 7/4 & Newcastle 21/10 for both starting at -2. The only thing that stopped me was the Hull/Arsenal game on Saturday when I had them at -1.