You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

needing advice on low level cash (analysts and high stakes players i would like your views please)

I've recently took a hit with my bankroll, so i am trying to re-build it by playing within my bankroll  and i have to play low stakes cash (5, 10p).

However i am questioning the play within your bankroll statement, i understand fully why you should do it, BUT, lol, its hard to try and get paid playing low stakes;

1. people call all your raises, i.e ak, aq, your called by someone with j5 , and eventually they out draw you.

2. similar to above, but there are too many fish, you cant play against them, coz you try and mix it up and they call you flat with any cards, and most of the time with air!

3. none of your play is respected, im not sayin it should be all the time, but i know a good bet when i see one.

so my question is, do i move up to higher levels where i had been doing well, beacuse there is hardly any fish, and better players, and people respect your play?

i dont want to throw away my bankroll playing low stakes, but i know i should move up, but i will be out of my bankroll?

please could people give me some advice on what i should do?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Those three reasons are reasons TO start at those levels, value bet, value bet, value bet!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    when your at the small cash tables, play tight, play aggressive, get in cheap with suited connectors and only continue if you hit the flop in a big way. when your aggressive be super aggressive, overbets seem to get called a lot, even if they dont have the odds to call, they will.

gl
  • Options
    edited March 2010
     I played on a table with you earlier main thing i would suggest is to come onto the table with a full buy in. think you came on the 5/10 with around £5
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    by the way your talking you should stick playing low stakes and learn to beat them. If you cant beat these players its not because theyre too lucky or call too much its because youre not good enough
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    by the way your talking you should stick playing low stakes and learn to beat them. If you cant beat these players its not because theyre too lucky or call too much its because youre not good enough
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: needing advice on low level cash (analysts and high stakes players i would like your views please):
    Posted by offshoot

I agree with this post

this is not a dig at you im far from being amazing at poker myself but after being on a table with you yesterday i would say you have to learn a bit more before you move up the stakes otherwise could end with you losing alot of money. you seemed to play nearly every hand and if you hit a pair wouldn't fold it. it seemed to be like you thought everyone was bluffing every hand. i might of caught you on a bad day but i would strongly advise to wait till your beating the people on 5/10p tables (like me) before moving up the levels 
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Matt - ABC poker will crush 80% of micro stakes players.

I qualify as neither an Ananlyst nor a High Stakes player but heres my take

If you are playing every hand (or near to) as suggested then i'm wondering what you are doing with those hands. Is it possible that your guilty of "Fancy Play Syndrome" against players that won't understand what you are doing? Never played you so that's not an accusation just a question but it is something that people often do wrong when moving down levels.

My advice, play the game like you just learn't it from a book at 5p 10p. Text book beats this level. Great plays with advanced thinking are not the order of the day at this level. You can only play to the strengths or weakness or your oppo so alter YOUR game to counteract the play you come accross, or play higher with better table selcetion against players you know you can get value from
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: needing advice on low level cash (analysts and high stakes players i would like your views please):
    Matt - ABC poker will crush 80% of micro stakes players. I qualify as neither an Ananlyst nor a High Stakes player but heres my take If you are playing every hand (or near to) as suggested then i'm wondering what you are doing with those hands. Is it possible that your guilty of "Fancy Play Syndrome" against players that won't understand what you are doing? Never played you so that's not an accusation just a question but it is something that people often do wrong when moving down levels. My advice, play the game like you just learn't it from a book at 5p 10p. Text book beats this level. Great plays with advanced thinking are not the order of the day at this level. You can only play to the strengths or weakness or your oppo so alter YOUR game to counteract the play you come accross, or play higher with better table selcetion against players you know you can get value from
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

i think your right about the fancy play thing,

ive just started just goin for abc and so far so good,

thanks for replies,
    matt
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: needing advice on low level cash (analysts and high stakes players i would like your views please) : i think your right about the fancy play thing, ive just started just goin for abc and so far so good, thanks for replies, matt
    Posted by mattdexter
    GL Matt
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i would suggest you go straight back to the level you were making profit at.
    Your game should have evolved so going back down at this stage is a last resort.
    When you say its hard trying to get paid this is not the same as making profit this means you are playing ubertight players which is not what you get on the 5/10 tables. Perhaps take advice from the guy that was sat with you as it sounds to me you are trying to get too busy too quickly, There are three golden rules for cash poker 1. patience ....you can guess the other two 
    You are obviously aware of the BR issue so try to address that and good things shall happen.
    Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000