You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this is just silly

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
why do people play like this and i fall for it every time
ryan849 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £32.96
60nine60 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £47.74
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

LMHE Fold     
jimmynoleg Fold     
villian Raise  £2.00 £2.75 £70.15
sim75 Raise  £6.50 £9.25 £27.82
ryan849 Fold     
60nine60 Fold     
villian Call  £4.50 £13.75 £65.65
Flop

villian Bet  £7.00 £20.75 £58.65
sim75 All-in  £27.82 £48.57 £0.00
villian Call  £20.82 £69.39 £37.83
villian Show

sim75 Show
  • K
  • A

Turn

River

villianWin Two Pairs, 8s and 7s £67.59  £105.42

Comments

• edited March 2010
    i just cant understand why they call the reraise with rubbish and get lucky every time the same villian called £8 quid preflop after a reraise with ace 3 and got lucky i had ace q almost every hand i raise with i either get reraised or bullied off
  • edited March 2010
    You where near deep enough to justify his call pre flop. If you were both playing 200xbb maybe. - ul make a note
  • edited March 2010

I was considering moving up a level to try and avoid calls like this as they happen all the time in £4nl and £8nl, is it still common in the higher levels ?

Had a similar hand last night, In position with AJ so put in a 5x raise as there wasnt any action and still got 3 caller's, 1 of which ended up beating me with suited 2 3 :-(, to be fair they hit the flush draw on the flop and made the flush on the river (which went check/check) but how do you avoid call's like this ?, should I just be shoving pre flop with decent cards at the micro stakes and hope for the best ?

• edited March 2010
    Well for a start i dont see why you have shoved all-in when youve missed the flop and i suppose when you made the reraise pre they prob put you on high cards and figured theirs were very live and they got lucky and hit.Surely you cant expect players to only call your reraise when they also have similar cards.dav
  • edited March 2010
    no i pushed after the flop prob because i was tilting big style i just cant understand why players wuld call £8 with 5 7 and always get lucky then have the nerve to say ty again that really winds me up when u lose to see some one rub it in your face and they were calling with rubbish but like the saying goes one mans rubbish is another mans gold just not mine lol
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: this is just silly:
    I was considering moving up a level to try and avoid calls like this as they happen all the time in £4nl and £8nl, is it still common in the higher levels ? Had a similar hand last night, In position with AJ so put in a 5x raise as there wasnt any action and still got 3 caller's, 1 of which ended up beating me with suited 2 3 :-(, to be fair they hit the flush draw on the flop and made the flush on the river (which went check/check) but how do you avoid call's like this ?, should I just be shoving pre flop with decent cards at the micro stakes and hope for the best ?
    Posted by lMARKl
    Depends on the level Mark. At £10nl you'll get them but probably less frequently than at £4nl the standard will become more ABC poker as you move to £20nl & £30nl - You get more moves coming back in at £40 & £50nl and by the time you reach £100nl your back to getting calls with anything lol

You will get bad calls at every level of the game but at £4nl its just about the entire population of the level that will do it and as you move further up there are less & less people gambling and more playing.

Sometimes it's strange that the same calls you get at £4nl can be made at £100nl, only when a high roller makes it and wins it's genius not fishing lol - The reasons behind making the call are generally different though. A High Roller will make the call with anything to try and out play you where the lower limit player is just looking to get lucky i suppose.
  • edited March 2010

Mark you are always gonna get people calling pre flop with these sort of hands. Because in the right circumstances, its the right way to play cash.

Watch high stakes poker, where the guys are playing with lik 500 big blinds in their stack, theres often flops  with 50 thousand dollars in the middle pre flop, 4 handed, with players playing 23 suited, ace 3, 9 jack, etc etc.

The higher you go, and the more skilled the game (deeper stacked) the more likely you are gonna get players playing a wider range of hands, because, they are good enough to do it.

You only have to watch mastercash, top of the pots, look at the hands sparce, James, loluold play, with the aim to win a huge pot.

What do they say about aces? - They either win a small pot or lose a massive one? - small pairs and low connectors - is often the other way round. 

(not justifying the guys play by the way he is just playing bingo, as Sim doesnt have a big enough stack to play down the streets)

DOHH
  • edited March 2010
    Read Harrington on cash games ;)
  • edited March 2010
    no i pushed after the flop prob because i was tilting big style i just cant understand why players wuld call £8 with 5 7 and always get lucky then have the nerve to say ty again that really winds me up when u lose to see some one rub it in your face and they were calling with rubbish but like the saying goes one mans rubbish is another mans gold just not mine lol
    Posted by sim75
    Feel soz for you there sim i also hate it when they put remarks like ty after something like that.dav
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks for your advice,  got a couple of sky promotions due to cash over the next couple of weeks so will have a go at the 10nl after my bankroll boost.

Thanks for the tip about the book DOHHH, I borrowed How to play internet poker to win by Victor Knight from Library yesterday as this was the only one they had, anyone read this ?
  • edited March 2010
    Ive never reead it mate, only read the one book....by Harrington, but I would love to read a book specific to internet poker.

If its all about online tells, such as time bars, avatars, and screen names - then it's probably a load of rubbish. Id rather read the guardian zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I however its full of tips about how to beat the online game (not neccesserily improve as a poker player) - Just make money - I would be very interested.

Give a book review on here after you've read it.

By the way ...... your username - Mine is a copy of durrrr, are you in awe of lJAMESl? lol

DOHH
  • edited March 2010

It was the only way I could get it to accept my name and I wasnt feeling very imaginative lol

So far the book has covered Pot odds and the odds of making hands, making notes on players and some hand analysis (it did breifly give some advise about timers!)

It seems more of a beginners guide so far, I found the section about odds quite interesting but dont think you would get much from it..

• edited March 2010
    Read Harrington on cash games ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    best poker book out there in my opinion! read quite a few poker books but this is easily the most useful, totally changed my outlook on cash games!