You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Heads up problem

Ok im doing reasonable in most tournaments just now. However im having one massive problem.

Ive lost my last 3 heads up, remarably on all 3 occassions money has gone in pre-flop. Now ive not lost with a bad hand.

e.g. last 3 heads up

A 10 - beat by 10 J

77 (hit trips) - beaten by KK also hitting trips

A6 (suit hitting A and 6) - beaten by A7 also hitting both cards

So my question isnt about bad beats no, as in all of these insatnces ive been behind apart from the A 10 one. So what my question is, in two of these cases ive went into the heads up chip leader, after doing well Live heads up play i play all heads up the exact same, fold a weak hand, all in with a strong or suited Ace, and raising with a middling hand to scare off other middling hands.

So my question is, am i playing my heads up incorrectly?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010
    please stop doing this... despite the description this is still a bad beat thread disguised as a strategy thread... if you want advice post a thread asking for help in specific situations etc... narrow down the question.

1. Suck out
    2. Cooler
    3. Cooler
  • Options
    edited March 2010

As i said i was behind on two of the occassions when the money went in so im cool losing them. Not a bad beat thread.

I will re-phrase my origional question.

I just cannot seem to win a heads up of late, often going in as chp leader, so may i ask can i get advice on playing heads up poker.

• Options
    edited March 2010

There is no advice if you are running 77 and A6s into bigger hands headsup late in a tournament with big blinds. There is no other way to play these hands.