You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***lucky winners***

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
so are you one of them, 500 people will win anything between £5-£500, nothing in my account which came as no surprise, just intrigued if we have any big winners between us?

Comments

• edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010

Is there a new promotion on? I never get any of the "Selected" promotions so i'm not holding my breath but i haven't heard of this one

• edited March 2010
    its all over the site, dont think you after opt in or anything, just wanted to see if there was a few winner between us or maybe sky are fibbing again lol
  • edited March 2010
    nothing in mine either, but with my luck lately i could fall into a barrel of t*ts and would come out sucking my thumb!
  • edited March 2010
    Daily Free Bet Fest: Promotion is open to all Sky Bet customers and runs from 9am Tuesday 16th March to midnight Sunday 21st March. 500 customers will find a free bet in their account every day of the promotional period ranging from £5 to £500 (1x£500, 5x£100 & 494x£5) Free bet will be credited at 9am each day and will be in the form of a non withdrawable cash token. The cash token will be removed from accounts by midnight that evening if unused.
  • edited March 2010
    wat wud u do with a £500 free bet? put it on a 1/500 shot, and cash the 501 quid straight out? haha Im so tight!

Or stick the lot on Scouse's comply or die at 50/1 and take sky for 25k ;)
  • edited March 2010
    Nope im not one of em.dav
  • edited March 2010
    hold on............just checking......yyyyyyyyyyy, nope
  • edited March 2010
    i'd be surprised if anybody actually got the £500
  • edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ***lucky winners***:
    wat wud u do with a £500 free bet? put it on a 1/500 shot, and cash the 501 quid straight out? haha Im so tight! Or stick the lot on Scouse's comply or die at 50/1 and take sky for 25k ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i think if ya check terms and conditions, just like the football free £10 bet, you only get the winnings from the bet , not the stake as well. Check it just to be sure.
  • edited March 2010
    I'd be happy with just a fiver lol
  • edited March 2010
    so still no winners................................lol
  • edited March 2010
    Nope nothing here
  • edited March 2010
    so still no winners................................lol
    Posted by webby234
    How do you know that, if I may ask? It's some leap of imagination to suggest "no winners....lol" just because a very small sample (of those in the Poker Community) have not had a win!

What are you suggesting, exactly?
  • edited March 2010
    tikay as i said in earlier post, i am trying to find winners in the community, and as of yet i haven't found one lol
  • edited March 2010
    I got an email, yesterday about this, and was given a promo code to input in the freebet section, which promptly did.

Not won anything yet though. I await in antici................................pation

Edit: sorry wrong promo, the one i was on about is this: Win a £100 Free Bet Every Month

• edited March 2010
    I got an email, yesterday about this, and was given a promo code to input in the freebet section, which promptly did. Not won anything yet though. I await in antici................................pation
    Posted by -Typhoon-
    p'm sent
  • edited March 2010
    wat wud u do with a £500 free bet? put it on a 1/500 shot, and cash the 501 quid straight out? haha Im so tight! Or stick the lot on Scouse's comply or die at 50/1 and take sky for 25k ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Most free bets they don't include the stake in your return, so that would probably be the worlds worst way to make £1 ever.

With any freebet I stick it on no less than 10-1 odds.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ***lucky winners*** : Most free bets they don't include the stake in your return, so that would probably be the worlds worst way to make £1 ever. With any freebet I stick it on no less than 10-1 odds.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Correct. Usually, it's a "free bet" not a "free stake". There is quite a difference! 
  • edited March 2010
    Id still put it on a banker bet though lke 1/2 - and make sure you get the profit. Then use like 50% of that profit to have a proper "free bet" and lock up some free money!

that wud return £250 - might even take it straight to NL200 and take a shot with the big boys ;) lol

God I really am tight rnt I! 
  • edited March 2010

tk will you pass a message on too the suits for me,

it happened a few times before and again now today ,

when skypoker   credit us with a free bet in Ireland ,

we get it in euros,

but we only get like 10 euros for 10 pound sterling credited to our account,

i know its a minor issue but unfair ,

ty in advance irishrover !
  • edited March 2010
    told you not to convert to using euros!!!
  • edited March 2010
    Id still put it on a banker bet though lke 1/2 - and make sure you get the profit. Then use like 50% of that profit to have a proper "free bet" and lock up some free money! that wud return £250 - might even take it straight to NL200 and take a shot with the big boys ;) lol God I really am tight rnt I! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    use text bet service BETnow, your first bet of £3 is free and you get to re-use the £3stake.

so if you keep getting it right you can make some good profit over time.

That will suit you down to the ground.

89000 is the number. (I reccomend Liverpool for your first banker)
  • edited March 2010
       tk will you pass a message on too the suits for me,   it happened a few times before and again now today ,   when skypoker   credit us with a free bet in Ireland ,   we get it in euros,    but we only get like 10 euros for 10 pound sterling credited to our account,    i know its a minor issue but unfair ,   ty in advance irishrover !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    OK Rover, I will pass that on. With currency fluctuation, this is a swings & roundabouts thing really, but yes, of course, I'll pass on your comment. But if it's a Sky Bet - as opposed to a Sky Poker - promotion, I doubt if they even know who I am, so my words might not count for much. The Promotion, I assume, is a Sky BET promotion, not a Sky Poker promotion.

So, if I understand you completely - were you a "lucky winner"?
  • edited March 2010
    joking?? what you on about, its on the main website, it says someone will win these pizes every day of cheltenham

1 person will get £500
    5 will get £50
    494 will get £5
  • edited March 2010
    Well if i was running this promotion, what i would do is deposit the dosh into the longest running 'inactive' accounts lol.(makes sense)
  • edited March 2010
    To be fair webby, this is not a skypoker promotion, but a sky bet promotion, and there must be thousands of betting punters who dont play poker, so id say the chances of getting a prize could be very remote
  • edited March 2010
    probably right loony, maybe over next few days we will have some winners in the poker section
  • edited March 2010
    Well if i was running this promotion, what i would do is deposit the dosh into the longest running 'inactive' accounts lol.(makes sense)
    Posted by loonytoons
    That'll be me then ......... I haven't had a bet since Red Rum won the National. :o)