You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheltenham Day Three

edited March 2010 in The Shed
  • Still in profit after 2 winners yesterday. Today is difficult for me as i have to back some horses for sentimental reasons. OUR VIC loves the track won here 3 times my fav horse @ 40/1 im on him. OODACHEE @ 33/1.          My tips 1.30 THE HOLLINWELL 2.05 ALFIE SHERRIN nap 2.40 DEEP PURPLE 3.20 TIME FOR RUPERT 4.00 TAROTINO  4.40 I'MONCLOUDNINE.......................................................... im not a fav backer these horses are over priced = VALUE in my book.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    ALFIE SHERRIN FOR MY MAIN BET OF THE DAY

ALSO HAD A COUPLE OF E.W. PATENTS

1.30 SEVEN IS MY NUMBER 25/1
    4.00 THE SAWYER  25/1
    2.40 JACK THE GIANT 33/1

AND A SLIGHTLY MORE REALISTIC

2.05 SMOKING ACES 9/1
    3.20 KARABAK  8/1
    4.00 SUNNYHILLBOY 8/1

GOOD LUCK ALL
  • edited March 2010
     good shout  seven is my number is no way a 25/1 shot good chance to win it.
  • edited March 2010
    Posted this on other thread.

See if Poker horses have as good day today.

Today at Cheltenham
    Poker De Sivola(14-1)
    Spirit River (14-1)
    and Cue Card (40-1)

with a £1 win stake bringing you £9225.

Pity Diamond Harry and Manyriverstocross flopped.

Wondered if similar bet tomorrow.

Investigation found

King's Forest 1.30
    Smoking Aces 2.05
    Alberta's Run 2.40

and loosely for the people who like to see the river
    Isnt that Lucky 4.40
    Im So Lucky 4.00
    KATCHIT 3.20

Now will lightning strike twice

God be with you
  • edited March 2010

1-30 - The Hollingwell 17/2

2-05 - Alfie Sherrin - 7/2

2-40 - Poquelin - 3/1

4-00 - Tarotino - 16/1

Just one winner yest in the luki 15 - was the first one at 16/1 - got my hopes up veryyyy briefly and the rest were donkies. Anyway the payout covered the bet and pays for most of this one, fingers crossed.

GL ALL !!!
  • edited March 2010
    Ruby Walsh is on a few favourites today, but he has not had the luckiest of festivals. Because of this I have tried a small bet on Tony McCoy riding a treble @ 40/1...got a couple of very good chances and his others have got a shout as well. 
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Day Three:
    Ruby Walsh is on a few favourites today, but he has not had the luckiest of festivals. Because of this I have tried a small bet on Tony McCoy riding a treble @ 40/1...got a couple of very good chances and his others have got a shout as well. 
    Posted by emilyegg
    You have a treble on McCoy and he falls at the 1st, looks like we're on a par when it comes to betting.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Day Three : You have a treble on McCoy and he falls at the 1st, looks like we're on a par when it comes to betting.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    LOL Quagmire...I was thinking about you as he flew through the Air.....
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Day Three : LOL Quagmire...I was thinking about you as he flew through the Air.....
    Posted by emilyegg
    If i'd have stuck the McCoy bet on the horse would probably have backed up and kicked him in the head.
  • edited March 2010
    Emily AP's come good for you now. Lets hope you get two more.
  • edited March 2010
    Another fall for McCoy, not what you'd normally want to see but it's left me bereft of ribs. You've really made him work today Emily.
  • edited March 2010
    Another fall for McCoy, not what you'd normally want to see but it's left me bereft of ribs. You've really made him work today Emily.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    PMSL Quagmire....I might suggest to the suits that they run a "King of the Jonah`s" tourney (like the Liverpool M** Utd one they are doing tonight.) The 2 team captains would pick themselves I reckon.......
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham Day Three : PMSL Quagmire....I might suggest to the suits that they run a "King of the Jonah`s" tourney (like the Liverpool M** Utd one they are doing tonight.) The 2 team captains would pick themselves I reckon.......
    Posted by emilyegg
    That sounds like a great idea. I'm defo up for that as long as it doesn't cost any poker points. I'm all out so can't even play in the LFC freeroll tonight. :-(

Any Denman or Kauto Star fans should stump up some major coin for us not to back them.
  • edited March 2010

Oh well bad beats all round at cheltenham i think, including me although TIME FOR RUPERT pulled me out the brown stuff if only he had won, nearly.