You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What are your aims in poker?

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
I have started poker again (I previously have done ok but stopped playing for quite a while) and I have one definate aim in the game atm.

My aim is to make £600 a month for 10 months to make a total of £6k.

The reason being, my finacee has always wanted a dream disney wedding, we cant afford to fly our families out there and £6k is three weeks in Orlando as a honeymoon.

This is my only aim atm, it focus' the mind.

My princess is my happy ever after and I want to make this happen for her so badly.

So guys, why are you playing?  Money?  Fun?  Targets?

Comments

• edited March 2010

So i don't have to talk to the wife
  • edited March 2010
    I started playing in January

my aim is to take Blackfish3 as my bride
  • edited March 2010
    I started playing about 6 months ago...my number one aim is to find out how I can stay connected to more than one table at a time ( see tech chat). Number two is to not bother setting unrealistic aims.

Sorry.
  • edited March 2010
    Acro that is an unrealistic aim, trying to stay connected lol.  Why sorry?

Taras your aim wins lol :D
  • edited March 2010
    Mr White!! - Im sure I've seen you recently....playing at the 20 and/or 30 quid tables???

You are gonna have to go some to make £600 a month on those tables mate!!! ur gonna have to play all day every day !!!!

Good luck tho....my targets r just to make sure the balance is higher at the end of the session than it was at the start.....

I also wanna win a main event on sky sometime soon! - Maybe the open tonight ? :)

DOHH

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What are your aims in poker?:
    Mr White!! - Im sure I've seen you recently....playing at the 20 and/or 30 quid tables??? You are gonna have to go some to make £600 a month on those tables mate!!! ur gonna have to play all day every day !!!! Good luck tho....my targets r just to make sure the balance is higher at the end of the session than it was at the start..... I also wanna win a main event on sky sometime soon! - Maybe the open tonight ? :) DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    when i was playing full time (30-35hrs) i found this easily achievable at these stakes, and i'm not that good! my aim is to get my bankroll really going again after blowing it all last weekend whilst so drunk i might of even wee'd in the wardrobe..... after that the skys the limit.... no pun intended :p
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah mate thats right.

I play mtts too but am on some awful luck on them.

Update: Made the £600 target for march, push on for more I guess :D
    (admittedly it was helped that I decided to waste £5 on a slot machine, it gave me the reel king bonus at 20p a go and rolled in a ton lol).
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What are your aims in poker? : when i was playing full time (30-35hrs) i found this easily achievable at these stakes, and i'm not that good! my aim is to get my bankroll really going again after blowing it all last weekend whilst so drunk i might of even wee'd in the wardrobe..... after that the skys the limit.... no pun intended :p
    Posted by crow01
    lol

It is achievable yes,  I play most evenings and weekends. 

I am not that good a player either tbh and have loads of flaws, but I guess that doesnt matter when playing against weaker players, having a good knowledge of the game and learning as we go :D
  • edited March 2010
    And Pompey won today too, awesome stuff.

We are staying up say we are staying up!
  • edited March 2010
    I started playing in January my aim is to take Blackfish3 as my bride
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Fight you for him..
  • edited March 2010
    i think you could achieve 600 quite easily at those stakes, just gotta be able to stay focused and not let the beats get to you, which im incredibly good at ;)
  • edited March 2010
    No such thing as beats in my eyes, just variance so will all even out :D