You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (20th/21st)

edited March 2010 in The Shed
Hopefully I can pick up where I left off on Wednesday night when my 3 way came in for a small profit so here are my picks for tomorrow

Main Acca

Everton to beat Bolton (H) @ 4/7
West Brom to beat Preston (H) @ 1/2
Forest to beat Peterborough (H) @ 1/2
Rochdale to beat Accrington (A) @ 11/10
Chesterfield to beat Burton (A) @ 7/4

These 5 are paying 19/1.

Everton have won their last 6 at Goodison including victories against Chelsea & Man Utd. Bolton have only won once in their last 6 away which, unfortunately for me came at Upton Park. Their last game on the road saw them go down 4-0 at Sunderland.
West Brom have won 5 of the last 6 at the Hawthorns with their only defeat coming at the hands of Forest back in early January. Preston are pretty poor away from Deepdale. They've lost 7 of their last 8 on the road with their only victory coming in a narrow victory at Peterborough back in January.
Forest have won their last 9 at the City Ground. Despite Peterborough winning last time out on the road against Watford, they'd lost 8 & drawn 1 in their previous 9 on the road so tbh, I'm a little surprised Forest ain't a lot shorter than this.
Despite Accrington having a good run at home of late (winning 5 from 6), Rochdale are fast closing in on their first promotion in 35 years out of the bottom tier. They won at Shrewsbury last weekend who had been in great form themselves at home.
Burton have lost their last 3 at the Pirelli Stadium with that bizarre game against Cheltenham last time out. They were leading 4-2 with just 6 minutes to go & ended up losing 5-6! Chesterfield lost their last game on the road at Notts County (1-0) but were unbeaten in 5 on the road before then (winning 4).

Long Shot

Villa (-1) to beat Wolves (H) @ EVENS
Wigan to beat Burnley (H) @ 4/5
Blackpool to beat Palace (H) @ 4/5
Newcastle to beat Bristol City (A) @ 5/6
Norwich to beat Swindon (A) @ 11/8
Notts Co to beat Crewe (A) @ 11/10

These 6 currently pay a huge 58/1 so in the words of DOHHHHHHH, worth a big blind.

Villa are decent at home & will be looking to put some real pressure on Spurs who currently occupy 4th spot (please God, ANYONE but Spurs to finish 4th). Wigan will see this as a great opportunity to put a bit of daylight between themselves & Burnley who currently occupy 18th spot. So far Burnley have only managed to pick up 1 point from a possible 45 on the road this season. Blackpool are decent at home whilst Palace have lost their way a bit since Warnock left for pastures new. Newcastle have been a bit indifferent away from St James' having drawn 4 of their last 6 on the road but they come up against a managerless Bristol City team that have only won 2 of their last 12 home & away. Last week I correctly predicted that Norwich would be the first team to win at Huddersfield & whilst Swindon have only lost once at home all season they are suffering from an horrendous injury list including their top scorer, Billy Paynter. Crewe have been indifferent at Gresty Road & they're running into one of the divisions form teams in Notts Co who have only lost once in their last 10 home & away.

Draw Acca

Stoke/Spurs @ 9/4
Sunderland/Birmingham @ 12/5
MK Dons/Southampton @ 12/5
Torquay/Lincoln @ 12/5
Ross Co/Inverness @ 5/2

Something a little different for me this week as I don't usually do draw accas. Draws are notoriously hard to pick out so it's no surprise that these 5 are paying a monster 446/1. 

Good luck to all having a bet this weekend. 

Jay

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Good Stuff Jay...Lots of work to do tonight to post my selections.

Its Hearts v Hibs and Bristol City v Newcastle Utd on a "Live" footy/beer frenzy for me tomorrow.

Have been hitting the post regularly (but quietly) in the last few weeks.

Going to do the following games to have over 2.5 goals in 7, 8 and 9 folds.

Blackpool V Palace
    Bristol C V Newcastle
    Scunthorpe V Plymouth
    Burton V Chesterfield
    Crewe V Notts Co.
    Northampton V Morcambe
    Kettering V Forest Green
    York V Afc Wimbledon
    East Fife V Stirling

Footnote.......

Quagmire, if you are listening to the programme....I need you to lump on HIBS and BRISTOL CITY.*

*T&C`s and standard renumeration rates apply.

• edited March 2010
    VILLA
    EVERTON
    ARSENAL
    FOREST
    CARDIFF
    CHARLTON

PAYS ABOUT 9/1
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (20th/21st):
    Good Stuff Jay...Lots of work to do tonight to post my selections. Its Hearts v Hibs and Bristol City v Newcastle Utd on a "Live" footy/beer frenzy for me tomorrow. Have been hitting the post regularly (but quietly) in the last few weeks. Going to do the following games to have over 2.5 goals in 7, 8 and 9 folds. Blackpool V Palace Bristol C V Newcastle Scunthorpe V Plymouth Burton V Chesterfield Crewe V Notts Co. Northampton V Morcambe Kettering V Forest Green York V Afc Wimbledon East Fife V Stirling Footnote....... Quagmire, if you are listening to the programme....I need you to lump on HIBS and BRISTOL CITY.* *T&C`s and standard renumeration rates apply.
    Posted by emilyegg
    I'm on it hombre, tell your lady to smother herself in honey before she knocks on my door. ;-)
  • edited March 2010

Thanks Quagmire...she thinks that the special treat she is getting tomorrow involves slightly out-of-date Freddo`s from Farmfoods.

• edited March 2010
    One bet and one bet only this weekend.

and it is a dead cert!

66-1 Liverpool win by 3 or more goals against Man U.

Liverpool for the first time this season have put to good performances together on the trot, Torres has his shooting boots, Mascherano is playing amazing and the defence doesnt look like they are going to concede every time the ball is in our half.

Add to that the fact Liverpool whipped them already 2-0 this season while they were struggling and Man U were doing well, and Rafa seems to have a water tight gameplan to stop Rooney (hence his 2 touches of the ball in the last 3 games V Liverpool)
  • edited March 2010

here's my sat accum   dtw

1. Bristol City v Newcastle
    2. Newcastle @ 5/6
    3. Crewe v Notts Co.
    4. Notts Co. @ 11/10
    5. Walsall v Colchester
    6. Colchester @ 6/4
    7. Swindon v Norwich
    8. Norwich @ 11/8
    9. Leyton Orient v Huddersfield
    10. Huddersfield @ 6/4
    11. MK Dons v Southampton
    12. Southampton @ 7/4
  • edited March 2010

Stoke to beat Spurs

Newcastle to beat BristoL C

Donny to beat Sheff United - (HUGGGEEEEE GAME)

Forest to beat Peterborough

Arsenal to beat West Ham

Hull to beat Pompey

Villa v Wolves - DRAW!!

(always stick the early kick off in no matter what I fancy as I have time to get the same bet on again before the 3pms :)

^ Thinking   Upside down ^ Dancing ! ;)

460/1 - GL ALL

• edited March 2010

Ive just found what is in my opinion, a fantastic bet.

First over in the IPL game between Raj Royals and KKR.......11/8 for more than 6.5 runs to be scored. Under 6.5 is odds on...

I canny believe these odds!!

Ive had 1.33 on it, rounded off my account, but ill be keeping an eye on these bets throughout the tourny!!!

DOHH :)
  • edited March 2010

Sighhhhh they got 6, 1-0 to the bookies - I wont give up on this bet !!
  • edited March 2010
    Here's acca number 1:

Everton
    Ipswich
    Forest
    West Brom
    Charlton
    Notts County
    Northampton

Pays 36/1

Good luck everyone
  • edited March 2010
    Here's my draw acca:

Pompey v Hull
    Stoke v Spurs
    QPR v Swansea
    MK Dons v Southampton
    Swindon v Norwich

Pays 433/1!

Fingers crossed this comes in or it's homemade easter eggs for the nephews this year.
  • edited March 2010

Here is my weekend accum  Bit of a long shot but fingers crossed:

Villa
    Everton
    Arsenal
    Wigan
    Forest
    Scunthorpe
    West Brom
    Newcastle
    Charlton
    Oldham
    Bournemouth
    Celtic
    Leicester
    Chelsea
    Man United

odds are around 2080/1 

Good luck everyone having a bet this weekend!  Quick question: has anyone received a free bet this week during skyfest. I'm still waiting for mine lol

• edited March 2010
    Oh dear wolves 2-1 up against Villa. seems like the curse of the early kick off is striking again. We should have learnt to avoid these games by now!
  • edited March 2010
    Stoke to beat Spurs Newcastle to beat BristoL C Donny to beat Sheff United - (HUGGGEEEEE GAME) Forest to beat Peterborough Arsenal to beat West Ham Hull to beat Pompey Villa v Wolves - DRAW!! (always stick the early kick off in no matter what I fancy as I have time to get the same bet on again before the 3pms :) ^ Thinking   Upside down ^ Dancing ! ;) 460/1 - GL ALL
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

1 up !!!! cmonnnnnnnnnn its my time !!!!
  • edited March 2010
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    LAST BLOODY KICK OF THE GAME HAS COST ME!!!!!!!!!!
    All 5 of my main acca were coming in until Burton equalised with literally the last kick. Would've picked up just over £108 as well.
    fwiw, the 4 fold kicked in which almost covered my outlay but I'm fuming right now. No problem with losing these bets, it's the nature of the beast but when it's like that it's a right kick in the balls.
  • edited March 2010
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAST BLOODY KICK OF THE GAME HAS COST ME!!!!!!!!!! All 5 of my main acca were coming in until Burton equalised with literally the last kick. Would've picked up just over £108 as well. fwiw, the 4 fold kicked in which almost covered my outlay but I'm fuming right now. No problem with losing these bets, it's the nature of the beast but when it's like that it's a right kick in the balls.
    Posted by silentbob
    I feel for ya bud, it's happened to me many times. Chin up though, we'll hammer the bookies soon.  ;-)
  • edited March 2010
    If any1 wants to make a easy 100 quid and has 500 spare to put it on, get on ajax to win 1/5 lol